Challenges not Based on Steps, eg. Sports, Stairs, Active Mins

It would be nice to have different types of challenges that aren't solely based on getting our steps in. 

For instance, the number of active minutes in a day, loss challenge, calories, water consumption. Some activities don't count steps such as cycling, skiing or skateboard.  I would like to be able to compete against my friends while doing other activities.  

Moderator edit: Word choice

1,017 Comments
jeffsnowcow
Stepping Up

I love the new "Challanges" feature in the new moblie app. Please add a "Stair Climb" challange so we can all challange our frinds to a daily/weekly stair climbing challange!

This would be a lot of fun, and motivate fitness and energy savings via stairs vs. elevator usage. It's a win-win for everyone!

Be green and take the stairs!

Moderator edit: labels

DerringDo
Runner

It would be fun to be able to do this!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
RickyFitbit
Cross-Country Runner

Oh! I like that idea! I'll make sure to forward that to our engineers! 

amarquart
First Steps

A factor in weight loss is to get plenty of sleep. To often we stay up too late working or watching TV! I believe you should have a sleep challenge... A. Most hours or B. Most consecutive days getting at least 8 hours.

Moderator edit: format

awjonesq
First Steps

Totally agree! More ways to challenge means more time I spend moving around and checking the leaderboards...nice call @jeffsnowcow!! 

geminiwitch
Recovery Runner

I like this idea a lot.  A tweak I would like to see to a sleep challenge offer is for a challenge to get better sleep efficiency.  I can spend 8-10 hours in bed every day, but only get an average 5-6 hours of sleep every day.  I wake up several times a night and reposition to go back to sleep.  I was in bed over 13 hours this past Saturday and finally got over 8 hours of sleep for the first time in MONTHS.  I wish there were tips for helping us find ways to get more sleep while in bed without spending over half the day in bed trying to get sleep.

racertempo
Interval Runner

Please add a daily and or weekly stair challenge/

lonerchick
Tempo Runner

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of this. I could beat some friends because I am always forgetting what I need upstairs!

techjunkie860
Recovery Runner
How about a challenge for each category? Or a few options to create your own/ customize challenges?
Meechrae
First Steps
Challenges other than steps or goal! Active minutes would be ideal but calories burned would be cool too I guess.
CarlPoole
Base Runner

I want this too!

Lowbattery
Recovery Runner
Please add a challenge for active minutes e.g. 30 or 60 minutes daily. Also log actvity steps should also appear in the challenge page.
LKB-28
First Steps
how about creating challenges that center around how many floors you climb in a day, work week, and weekend. When I was training for my Grand Canyon hike I would have rocked this challenge. I still would love additional challenges, not just on how many steps I walk. Come on, bring it on!
jahailey
Keeping Pace

Glad others are interested in Stairs Challenge as well.   Cross-Country skiing hills last weekend over 40K - 275 flights.  Tough course

CJWisbroke
First Steps

It would be great to see a new challenge forum based on active minutes, they are the most important to compare, in my opinion.

Michael
5K Racer

Maybe, once all of the Fitbits use the same calculation for active minutes. The way it is right now would be horrible, since the same activity gets you a widely different amount of active minutes depending on which Fitbit you have.

whoa_momma
First Steps
This would be fun!!
Teanna
First Steps
That would be awesome!
gyng
First Steps

I would like to have a water challenge with my friends. It would be neat to have a animated splash of water on your screen when someone passes you!!

Moderator edit: Added labels 

Adale
First Steps

I agree.  My running buddy and I have a race this weekend and we're trying to reach our daily hydration goals this week.  A water challenge would be fun, motivating, and helpful.

annschmech
Base Runner

Here, here!  Floors, and more floor challenges. Smiley LOL

annschmech
Base Runner

I have voted on all of the previous posts and am adding one more! 

I live in Colorado at 7300ft.  I pretty much can't walk down the block without getting 3 floors.  I also hike and most is uphill.  (special feature in Colorado-all up hill hikes)  HA 

Seriously most walk or hike is 30 to 60 floors and 100 is not uncommon.  Please, please, please get the challenges with floors going.  (The Surge recording them all would be fine addition to that bit of programming) 

Cheers!

LKB-28
First Steps
So, when are we going to add floors climbed as a challenge?
Inquiring minds want to know!

Sent from my iPad
zenjayke
Jogger

I love competing in challenges with friends.  But as a runner, I find I often lose to my friends who simply walk to and from work.  Walking usually results in way more steps than running.  I would love to see some challenges where competitors aim for the longest distance in a day, weekend, or week!  

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Bakerathome
First Steps

I would really like this feature added.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.