More clock/watch faces for the Charge 3!

So, the Charge 3 is out and there is a huge let down:

There are only 5 clock/watch faces:charge 3 clock.png

Come on Fitbit...at least include all the Charge 2 watch faces too. We all loved the Charge 2 watch face with the time, date and the highlighted feature (steps/heart rate etc.)

Whats missing:

- Faces with the actual DATE and DAY

- Faces with a DIGITAL SECONDS TIMER

Or to say it again, just include the Charge 2 watch faces. Thanks in advance.

1,624 Comments
Kim114
First Steps

Yes, would love to see more watch faces showing the day of the week! 

Miss having that feature so much!

EleanorCa
Stepping Up

Clock face deficit for Charge 3:

All runners need a digital second display. Analog second hand is not easy enough to decode when doing splits. I do a wind sprint thing in a soccer field for my HIIT. Every yard and second counts if I am to best my prior times. 

Diamondrod
Jogger

The standard Clock Face from the Charge 2 would be a HUGE help.  We are over 40 and need the larger fonts.  

If you did it on the Charge 2 data screen, surely you can do it on the larger Charge 3 data screen; or am I wrong in making this assumption?

EleanorCa
Stepping Up
Agreed. I am 62. Font size and bold digital displays, especially when I am
outside and active, are extremely important.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Gweiller
Recovery Runner

How hard can it be to program better watch faces.  There should be some info when new faces will be released.  For now I will go back to my charge 2.

Diamondrod
Jogger
I was so excited to have gotten my wife the new Charge 3. Once she got over the excitement of the surprise, she said, but I can’t see my steps like I can on my Charge 2.

I was shocked because one key reason I got her a the new Fitbit Charge 3 was the larger screen. We were further surprised when we pulled up the available clock faces. There isn’t anything available that meets her needs as well as the Charge 2.

I wish I had read the comments in the Forum before I invested in the Charge 3. We are very disappointed.

Sent from my iPad
KayGre1
Jogger
Yes. I just do t understand why they have such small font. I’m 59. The Charge 2 has great font size

Sent from my iPhone
el_street
Stepping Up

Can we PLEASE get the clock face from the Charge 2 that showed TIME,  DATE,  STEPS,  and HEART RATE? I love all of the changes from the Charge 2 EXCEPT clock faces.  I have to switch them every time I workout because the one I use daily doesn't show me my heart rate. A face with time,  date,  steps,  and heart rate would be perfect and I wouldn't have to switch it when I work out. Thank you for your consideration of this request. 

WTHIsUp18
Recovery Runner

I've tried to update my clock face to the Steps Date; however, it says "This clock cannot be installed on your device."  Does anyone know how I can figure this out?

Jan89
Base Runner

@el_street don't you start a workout on the watch when you workout? In the workout app on the watch you can tap to change viewing the heartrate, time etc. And when not working out you can have your favourite watch face with steps or heartrate as well.

Hope that helps.

Jan89
Base Runner

@WTHIsUp18 you have to update your watch with the current firmware first. You get notified of the update in the Fitbit mobile app.

Hope that helps.

Jan89
Base Runner

@EleanorCa when working out I would advise you to start a workout on the watch:

-swipe left to the "training" icon.

- Choose an appropriate workout and start it.

- Now you see the time with seconds. - You can even tap or swipe the screen to see the time in larger font:

This came up when I chose hiking from the training selection and tapped the screen to go through the available options:20181115_122217.jpg

you can change the 6 preconfigured workout types and reorder them in the Fitbit app

Hope that helps

el_street
Stepping Up
Hi,

No, I CrossFit, so I just let it auto-detect so it'll register the workout
as Sport. I wish there were more Excercise Shortcuts so that I could use
that function as well.
Diamondrod
Jogger
Yes, my wife starts her workouts on the Fitbit watch. The issue is with the size of the font for the ancillary data like steps, heart rate, date. If you look at the side by side pictures people have posted of the Charge 2 and Charge 3, you can immediately see why people with 40+ eyes are struggling with the Charge 3. Fitbit doesn’t have a Watch Face for the Charge 3 that provides the clarity of the Charge 2, even though the screen is bigger. I hope it is an easy issue to fix. It’s just sad to have this design problem right out of the chute.

Sent from my iPad
Diamondrod
Jogger
Hi @EleanorCa, we know and do all of the things you suggest for workouts.

Again, for those of us 60+ the issue is the font sizes available on the watch. When we want to glance at our watch to see the data on our home screen, it is too small; smaller than was available on the Charge 2.

Sent from my iPad
jobox3
Keeping Pace

I am adding in my vote here. We need many more options as it pertains to clock/watch faces.

Grumpy-WV
Jogger

On my now defunct Charge 2, I had a clock face with larger 24 hr time (for my distant cataract vision), week day, and day of month.  Please provide this for the Charge 3

WTHIsUp18
Recovery Runner
The app does tell me there is an update available.  When I press on 'update tracker,' it doesn't do anything.
mytoronto
Jogger
Yes, I'm having the same problem.
Emma888
Jogger

I agree. It needs to have a date function similar to the charge 2. I haven't yet purchased the charge 3 because of this reason and thinking about going with another brand of watch as surely the whole point of a tracker and watch is to show the time and date? 

T1BlueNoser
Recovery Runner

More watch faces, please!  I want one with numerical time, HR and date. Had it on the Charge HR.  

Activity19
Recovery Runner
Sent from my iPhone
EleanorCa
Stepping Up
Right on!
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Nath1337
First Steps

Upgraded from Charge 2 to Charge 3 yesterday, and I am overall very pleased with the new one. It is more comfortable, syncing to the phone much faster, much nicer interface AND I don´t need to use electrical tape to cover the screen up every night thanks to the brightness settings. However, one (big, for me) thing I miss is a screen with time, date, heart rate AND steps (which I had on the Charge 2). There´s only a choice of 3 of those now, and I would love to have them all as before. 

fifib
Recovery Runner
We all have similar issues, but no one is listening
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.