Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Tracked periods were deleted (Android)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 2/25/19

Hi, everyone!

Today we have released the Fitbit for Android app version - 2.88 to all users. This app version contains the fix for period data being deleted. Please update to this version as soon as you can.

In addition, I would like to make it clear that any data that may have disappeared will not re-appear after updating to this new app version. We hope this sets you all back on track and we're super thankful for your patience while this was investigated.

Now that a fix has been released, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. If you come across this issue in the future or have any new issue to report we ask that you create a new topic to let us know.

Fitbit Update: 1/22/19

Hey all!

We've noticed this issue has re-emerged this month. Thanks for those who have reported on here and contributed to this thread. The problem has been escalated for investigation. 

We appreciate your help and will update everyone when we have more info. Please stay tuned and we thank you for your patience! 

Fitbit Update: 10/26/18

Hi everyone!

A new version of the Fitbit Android app (2.82) was released yesterday to 10% of Android users that should resolve this issue. We anticipate it will roll out to 100% soon. If you haven't received the update yet, please stay tuned. Thanks again for your patience and reports!

Fitbit Update: 10/12/18

Hey folks! 

Our team is still investigating the root cause of this issue. We're really sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and are working towards a long-term resolution. I really appreciate everyone's feedback and reports. I'll keep you all updated when more information is available. 

Fitbit Update: 7/12/18

Hi, everyone!

Thanks so much for jumping in here to report your Female health data has disappeared in the Fitbit for Android app. Our team is aware of the issue and will investigate the cause. I noticed many more reports of this coming in starting yesterday 7/11. 

When I have more information or updates, I'll announce them here. Thanks for your cooperation! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit Update: 2/25/19

Hi, everyone!

Today we have released the Fitbit for Android app version - 2.88 to all users. This app version contains the fix for period data being deleted. Please update to this version as soon as you can.

In addition, I would like to make it clear that any data that may have disappeared will not re-appear after updating to this new app version. We hope this sets you all back on track and we're super thankful for your patience while this was investigated.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.  

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
210 REPLIES 210

I have noticed that the calendar on the women's health area is wrong it appears to be showing 2016 dates... how do I fix this?  

Best Answer

I have tried multiple times today to set up the female health tracking information but it does not retain the info. It keeps freezing when it gets to the calendar page then crashes Fitbit app. I have restarted my phone twice. I’m not seeing the usefulness in an app that doesn’t work.

IPhone 6S

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer

Same issue here. I can't track anything and it freezes the app every time I try. I can access everything else though. 😕 Very frustrated as this was one of the major reason I went with this. 

Best Answer

When I open the Fitbit app and view the home screen, I attempt to fill out the information for feminine Heath tracking. It lets me get through all the steps and I click "im all done." The letters change color as if the button was pressed, but nothing happens. Nothing happens when I hit the back arrow either. I press my home button to close the app and go back in and it brings me to a random step in the set up process that has already been done. I am unable to click anything on that screen as well. The app quits and brings me back to my home screen. I have already synced my Versa. I have also gone to the settings to see if I can enter the feminine health information there, but it does the same thing.

Best Answer

The pencil isn't showing up on my app when I try to edit the stop date on the period tracking app, it also wont enter into the day when I press on directly into the calendar-- is there a fix for that?

Best Answer

@meberose @foreverlygrace @Annanickle @Kpl19 @LP567 Welcome to the Female health tracking board! Smiley Happy

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm sorry to hear you've all had some difficulty with the app. If you haven't already, please make sure you are using the latest version of the Fitbit app. It is important to have the newest app version downloaded to ensure this feature is working as expected. 

Let me know if you still have issues or any questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do have the most recent app update. I downloaded it to my phone for the first time last night. As soon as I tap on the cycle block, it freezes and I can no longer use the app. I can tap on any other block and update any of my information with no problem. 

Best Answer

I did notice an update after posting that did seem to do the trick. I do have to say thou that when I came back to my post to let everyone know what worked I was quite surprised to see my post had already been marked solved. I now feel as if Fitbit doesn’t care about its users. They only care about their appearance. This company has really gone down hill. My next tracker will Not be a Fitbit.

Best Answer

I have the newest update-- it went through late last week. Will another one be coming through soon to solve this problem? 

Best Answer

@foreverlygrace Thanks for confirming. Can you clarify which period block is the one not allowing you to edit? 

@meberose Glad that updating the app did the trick for you! I accepted my previous reply as the solution so that it would be floated at the top of this thread. This helps create visibility for anyone who comes across the same issue and would like some help. 

@Annanickle If you haven't already, please try logging out/logging in to the app. Restart your phone and try again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to log out and back in on my Windows 10 app to get it to work and then have all the notifications (even the ones I didn't want) enabled.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbit I've given it a week. It still freezes. I can't enter anything today. I have the MOST updated version of the app. I've turned my phone off and back on again. Logged out and back in. Every time I got into the cycle block (period, fertility, etc.) it ALWAYS freezes. All I get is a blank space instead of a calendar. I can't scroll, log details, or choose any option at the bottom (i.e. dashboard, challenges, guidance, community, notifications). I don't know what else I'm supposed to do to make this work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue! It worked yesterday and today going into the calendar I jus get A blank screen it freezes and I have to restart the whole app! I would love a way to fix it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I turned on airplane mode and the calendar started working. Turned it back off and it seems to still be working for now. Either way there should still be an update to correct the glitch and make the section of the app more reliable

Best Answer

App is randomly working for me. But it always works when I put it into airplane mode! What a pain though!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had recently taken the time to upload all of my data from another period tracker into the Fitbit Female Health Tracker and found that it was doing a better job of predicting my periods than my other tracking app had been doing. I was so excited! Until I opened the app and found that ALL of my periods had been deleted. The data about flows and symptoms that I had logged are all there, but the periods are gone... and my app doesn't save when I try to reenter the periods. I think its a bug with the app... can we get it fixed? I really liked the service...when it was working.

Moderator edit: title for clarity 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Female board, it's nice to see you here @ahart718Woman Very Happy I'm glad to hear you liked this new feature.

Hmmm... this is very strange my friend. Have you tried today? Is still the app deleting your periods when you try entering them? If so, I'd recommend trying the following:

• Make sure that your Fitbit app is up-to-date (Android 2.73 and iOS 2.52)
  • Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app

Have you turned off Predictions in Settings?

Give this a go and let me know if the issue persists.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I’m having the exact same problem. Tried the above fix and it’s not helped.

Best Answer

I followed those instructions to the letter and nothing. My periods are all still gone and when I try to input a new period, I hit save, and then it disappears after a second. I’m getting pretty disappointed because this service was awesome when it worked... but it does me no good if it doesn’t work.

Best Answer