Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alpine Snow - Support

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am the developer of the new Alpine Snow app for Fitbit OS. Feel free to ask any questions or post details of any problems. I don't actually live near mountains or snow, so I may need to make some adjustments to the runs algorithm.

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

I tapped on your app this morning which was installed on my Fitbit versa and it froze up my device. I tired everything I could think of to get out of the app and no luck so I removed the app. I reloaded the app and now it seems to be working fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kan ik.ook skiën al training doen

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi john, Downloaded their app fine. Not used it on the slopes yet, but when I open now (I’m in south east England) the altitude seems wrong (a bit high maybe), the temp is definitely wrong (-999 degrees) and the session is stuck on 99:99. Any help appreciated. 

thanks!

Best Answer

Hoiik ga in januari  skiën is,die app daar voor

Groet agneska

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jon

I have been using the app on my versa 2.  Everything seems to work except for the distance and it adds an activity to my fitbit which is great.  The distances it tracks seem way off.  I skied 15 runs today and it says I skied 3.5 miles.  Everything else looks right including the mapped runs etc.  Can you look at it?  

Regards

Maurice

Best Answer
0 Votes

Downloaded this on my Fitbit versa and it didn’t properly track my max speed. Counted runs perfect though!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi John,

I tried your app for the first time today and I really like the info it gave me about my snowboarding. However there is a little bit of inconsistency in how the the distance is displayed.

On the fitbit summary it says 5.25km of distance, but when you click into the map and see the breakdown it counted 24.31km, and is very clearly broken down km by km. I love how it displays on the map with the breakdown. So much so that I wanted to share it on social media, but when I do it reverts back to the 5km count... Not as impressive...

Is there anything I can do to get this reading correct on both counts? I have screenshots of the issue but can't attach them here, let me know if there's a way to send them too you so you can see my issue, incase I'm not explaining it very well.

Best Answer

Had similar issues yesterday, the first day I tried the app.

On my Ionic, app showed 0 on all the fields, but after stopping after a run, correct info appeared on the track. I put the app to run again and looks like it crashed while running as after the second run I checked the Ionic and app was closed. 

What I don't understand is the lock button, even locked I can press pause or finish, not main button, but expected everything to be locked and not being able to do anything without unlocking.

BTW; thanks for the app!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jon,

I have just before Christmas used the app on my Ionic in the French mountains.  Great work. The only think that didn’t operate as well as I would have liked is the automatic pausing of the exercise session (happened when I didn’t want it to). Could you add a feature to turn off automatic pause in the app so that the start of various runs is not missed. Here a screen grab of what I logged in one go.  Happy new year.

09B53266-E5F5-42EC-81F8-A085F4C747D1.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I would second this. The summary stats that show when you finish the session on the watch should be sent to the Fitbit app for later viewing please! 

Best Answer

I tried your app today. It didn’t give the number of runs until I ended the activity. It would be nice to see it while skiing. Also it only comes up in km/hr. Can you give an option to miles/hour. I just reinstalled your app so maybe the update will fix these issues. I’ll try it again next week. 

Best Answer

Still trying to connect to my iphone11 up on the hill.  Any advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really wish you would have an option for the inspire hr!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just for the record. I am not the developer. I suggested improvements 2
years ago as all you are doing now. Who is the developer? Can you respond
to all these suggestions?
--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer

@James19 as per first post the developer is @JonFitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Loved using the app all week while skiing in Colorado! I only had problems with my fitbit staying synced with my phone (but that's Fitbit's fault, not yours) so it said my runs were shorter than they were. 

Only question:  how can I review my runs for the day, or the week? It has a summary as soon as you close the app on the Fitbit, but I can't find anything else anywhere. I'd love to be able to see that summary listed by day or activity session. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Click the exercise tab on your fit bit, you'll find the info there. Took me
a while to figure it out
Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s the 2020 ski season in California! Yay! And more Alpine Snow issues.., sigh. 

I ran into the “connecting...” forever issue again even though all permissions were given in iOS to the Fitbit app . Eventually solved it by removing completely and then fully reinstalling Alpine Snow. No idea what software change caused this (iOS, Fitbit OS, Fitbit app, Alpine Snow itself). 
But now at least I have a map of my afternoon. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My app is not reading max speed, avg speed and distance correctly. It always says my max speed in 5.36 mph or within a few decimals, that is as soon as I start it, before going up the hill or after I'm done when my phone app says I'm skiing 35 mph. Today, before my lunch break, my phone app said I skied 2.5 miles but the alpine snow app says 0.9 miles. I happen to know the distance of the hill I am skiing, and the 2.5 from my phone is correct. It's really just a minor annoyance for me. I mainly use the app so my Fitbit knows I'm doing a workout, but I thought I would mention it in case anyone else is having issues as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Max speed is not working for me either. I just installed the app and it says my max speed is around 5 mph. I know that is not true. ;). My max walking speed could be 5mph?  Is this getting fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes