Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alpine Snow - Support

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am the developer of the new Alpine Snow app for Fitbit OS. Feel free to ask any questions or post details of any problems. I don't actually live near mountains or snow, so I may need to make some adjustments to the runs algorithm.

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187
It shows up as biking on the Fitbit App.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Same, but its not a big deal, still shows the stats
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, it will show up as bike. That's a workaround to get the speed and distance to calculate correctly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
    How to install the latest version of the app
    It says my version 1.0.06
    However I installed the app only today
Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_2020-02-08-09-40-29-992_com.fitbit.FitbitMobile.png

 it seems as apps in my Fitbit are old, the same with alarm app I heard there was an update for smart alarm however I still has the old version and no options to update

Best Answer
0 Votes

I still have old version and no options for update, there is no such button to update it. Please look at my question and print screen at the end of this topic on page 7

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your app is not updating on its own,  you can always try removing the app, syncing your Fitbit, adding the app and then syncing your Fitbit again. I can't guarantee that will do the trick,  but I believe it worked for me.

I expect that this is a FitOS issue,  not anything specific to the app itself. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is the thing, I still have Fitbit OS 3.0 on my Ionic. I tried to update it but to no avail, I even dropped ionic to factory settings and updated it through laptop, it still updated to os 3.0 instead of 4.1. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@jmexsan wrote:

That is the thing, I still have Fitbit OS 3.0 on my Ionic. I tried to update it but to no avail, I even dropped ionic to factory settings and updated it through laptop, it still updated to os 3.0 instead of 4.1. 

I'm not sure about using your laptop to update the device. Use an Android or iOS phone, make sure the Fitbit mobile app is version 3.1x, then you should get a prompt to update the firmware for your Ionic to 4.x

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,i have Ur app installed on my versa, It,s nice to have something for snow sports, but there is something wrong with the Speed,becouse the medium and max Speed in km/h Is not real..it sign as max Speed 9km/h but in real is so much more. I would appreciate if you can fix It.

Thank you for your work

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, I'm not the author, Check with JonFitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

In my opinion this App is basically useless as a skiing App. The distance it shows includes all the walking around you do not simply the runs you complete. It does not show how many runs you do in a day. It shows altitude gained  which is a useless statistic for a skier as it is the vertical distance skiers are interested in. The speed is also unreliable. I will continue to use the “Trace” ski app on my phone as it is very reliable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love this app! Thank you! I noticed recently that it is posting in my versa as a bike ride instead of skiing. It used to show as skiing. Do you know why/ how I can fix it? 

I work for an adaptive sports program and our students are so excited when I share their stats with them! They're my stats, but Im with them so it counts. You have made some kids happy!

Best Answer
0 Votes
JonFitbit is the developer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I very exited to use the app. But I'm not to hi-tech. Is there a video that show how does it work? I can only see my heart rate, altitude and weather. Everything else is a 0 and I don't know how to activated 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry . . . I'm not the developer. Try JonFitbit
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey,
I have the app installed on my Versa and with my old smartphone (Sony Xperia XZ premium) it worked right. Now I have the iPhone 11 pro max and the Training is everytime tracked as biking. Can I fix this somwhere in the settings or so?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am not the author . . . try JonFitbit

BTW . . . it is intended to interface to bike app. Works fine for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi JonFitb and great job really, but with your last workaround to switch the workout form ski to bike which is the difference among to use the native bike workout of the Fitbit app? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app Works perfect wird the versa. The only Problem is that the apps Shows the workout as a bike trip.

Best Answer
0 Votes