Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enlighten Clock Face

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Enlighten Clock Face

Minimalist clock face with weather and basic activity stats. Icons for activity stats will change colors as you progress toward your goals. Customize the theme by changing the background pattern and color. Weather module provided by Grégoire Sage.

I developed this clock face in my free time to learn more about the platform and chose to provide it to the community at no cost. Please feel free to comment if you run into any issues, have feature suggestions, or simply would like to provide feedback. I cannot guarantee that I will be able to respond to everything, but I will do my best to address reasonable requests as time allows.

I hope some of you find it useful.

Available now in the Fitbit App Gallery

Enlighten Screenshot

Best Answer
217 REPLIES 217

Welcome to the Community Forums @RubenInfante! Thanks a lot for making and sharing this awesome clock face. Smiley Very Happy 

I will try it on my Fitbit and see how it goes! I'm sure other users are going to love it. 

Happy stepping! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Thanks @MarreFitbit! I hope you find it enjoyable.

I have received feedback from a few individuals now that the temperature units are always in Fahrenheit. My intent was that this would change based on the temperature units from the user settings API. Unfortunately, it seems that this may not be working as anticipated.

I plan to add a dedicated temperature units option to the clock face settings in the next release to address this issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for notifying this here @RubenInfante! I'll share my feedback if I have one. Robot Very Happy

If you have more updates or something you have added to your clock face, please share it in this thread. All of us can see the thread and be updated with the implementations or changes. 

See you around! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi Ruben,

Love the Clock Face. As others have noted already, temperature unit should be configurable. Otherwise very sleek and stylish.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the feedback @AbdulMueid.

I have submitted an update to Fitbit for review that includes a new option for temperature unit and a few minor visual updates to the settings menu.

Assuming no issues are discovered, it should show up in the gallery soon.

Best Answer

This is so exciting @RubenInfante, thanks for keeping us in the loop.

I'm happy you liked it as well @AbdulMueidSmiley Very Happy

See you around guys! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Very nice clock face, great job. Would you know why it's unable to be installed on my device though? I have the Ionic. I get a message that states this clock is unable to be installed on my device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @LondoCSmiley Very Happy If I'm not mistaken, It seems that this clock face is for Versa and Versa Lite devices only.

Can you please let us know my friend @RubenInfante? and if so, do you plan to implement this on Ionic? My sister has an Ionic so that would be great if she can also use this clock face. 

We're looking forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @MarreFitbit.

Hello, @LondoC. The clock face is supposed to be published for all devices. I use the Fitbit OS Simulator to test it and it seemed to be working there. Unfortunately, I do not have a physical Fitbit Ionic to test with.

Version 1.0.8 has been published, which adds the option to select temperature units (°F or °C). I have also submitted version 1.1.0 to Fitbit for review. This latest version is a rewrite of how settings are persisted that should help with some visual inconsistencies regarding default settings popping back in. In addition, the latest version will let you toggle the activity goal progress colors.

Unfortunately, I received a notification from the weather API provider that the number of calls per minute was exceeded for their free account. This will start to break the weather update functionality. I will have to consider other options to maintain weather functionality in the clock face moving forward.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I love the clock face, but us older folks would love a larger font, or something we could select and size. 

I'll keep using it, but will need to keep my glasses on for now. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the feedback @BBQduke.

I'll take a look at providing a larger font size as an option in a future update.

Best Answer

You could introduce an advance setting where the user can input his own API key

Best Answer
This is the message I get. This is version 1.0.8

[Image]
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LondoC The image does not appear.

However I just installed the clockface on my Ionic so I'm not sure why you are having problems.

MVIMG_20190522_115654.jpg

Best Answer

Thanks @Giampi71.

I appreciate the suggestion regarding the API key and for showing us Enlighten running successfully on your Ionic. I'll be looking into the service agreements with the weather API service providers and will have an update about it in the future.

Best Answer

Hello Ruben. Your Enlighten watch face is both aesthetically beautiful and functionally perfect -- almost. Can you please add heart rate in the upper right corner? This would complete the design and functionality. Thank you!

Best Answer

Hello @Merkava. I'm so glad you are enjoying Enlighten!

Thanks for the feedback about adding heat rate. I'm happy to let you know that it is on my list of upcoming features. It will be a part of a future update that allows you to choose if you want the activity components visible on the clock face through settings.

I'll continue to post on this thread when new releases become available.

Best Answer

I'm happy to announce that Enlighten v1.1.0 is now available.

This update contains improvements to the clock face settings management. This should reduce instances where default settings would pop back in temporarily when switching to other applications.

In addition, there is a new setting option to toggle activity goal progress colors. You may need to turn this on after updating as it may default to being off. When off, the activity icons will always be white for those who prefer a bit more minimalism.

Best Answer

I really like this click face, the only thing I think would make it a bit nicer would be to have the heart rate information show in the upper right corner, but other then that, I really like what you've done and thanks for making it free!

Best Answer