Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP - Support

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

icon@1x.png

***UPDATE 2020-09-28***

Because the Exercise API has never been fully supported by Fitbit and e.g. the issue with the name was never fixed, I will not continue to develop the app further and phase it out. Since I have switched to another product myself, and this has always been a private project, I will not invest any more time in development. I'm sorry for all the users.

Patrick

I am the developer of the SUP app for Fitbit OS. Feel free to ask any questions or post details of any problems.

SUP is an Fitbit App to track your Stand Up Paddling sessions on the water.
Displays important statistics such as heart rate, current speed, average speed, max speed, distance paddled, total strokes* and total session duration.

Screenshot 2019-01-09 at 14.39.17.png Screenshot 2019-01-09 at 14.39.36.pngScreenshot 2019-01-09 at 14.41.21.png

All session data is recorded in the Fitbit activity log so you can view the data in the Fitbit mobile app and on Fitbit.com.

*I am using the step detection for counting the strokes. I tested it multiple times while paddling and I am quite happy with the count.

The application uses the Exercise API added in Fitbit OS 3.0 and is based on the sdk-exercise by Jon Barlow.

Please make sure that you have installed Fitbit OS 3.0.

If interested in helping me making the app better. Please contact me or checkout the project in Github: https://github.com/pfederi/fitbit-sup

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

Third party developers can just develop apps for versa & ionic because there is no development kit for the charge. Therefore I'm not able to do an app for the charge.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to use this with my FitBit Blaze. Is there anyway to get this uploaded for that watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @darx

As mentioned above, third party developers can just develop apps for versa & ionic because there is no development kit for the charge. Therefore I'm not able to do an app for the Blaze.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If this app just records the activity as cycling then what is the difference between just logging an activity as cycling within the fitbit and using this app?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would love to test and use this app but I only have a Fitbit hr 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is a valid question. At the time of the first version of the SUP App, Fitbit offered the possibility of assigning own training names to workouts. This disappeared with another version. We have been waiting for a year and a half for Fitbit to make an adjustment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will you make this app compatible with the Inspire HR?

Best Answer
0 Votes

As external developers cannot develop apps for the Inspire HR, I will not e able to provide an app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Installed on versa 2 from Canada. The app installed but I do not see it showing up on”Bike” in the exercise shortcut. Only the standard bike items are displayed. 

Grateful to learn what I am not doing correctly to get SUP displaying on the watch 

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

are you saying..... track paddling with "walk"? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, 

Please fix this App for Versa 3. 🙂 

Thx alot

Best Answer
0 Votes

Because the Exercise API has never been fully supported by Fitbit and e.g. the issue with the name was never fixed, I will not continue to develop the app further and phase it out. Since I have switched to another product myself, and this has always been a private project, I will not invest any more time in development. I'm sorry for all the users, but I was really frustrated that Fitbit didn't took action.

Best Answer

Hi. I just received the versa 3. I was hoping this app would be available for this watch too, but I don't see it. Is there any way I can find out when it becomes available? I used it a lot with the versa 1

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, is there a chance you would share the code that you did so far, as I plan on adapting it to Sense (just bought the device). Would be for private use and (if it works) sharing with the community (for free, no profit making intent here)? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Lalayouti the code is available here: https://github.com/pfederi/fitbit-sup

Best Answer

Hi, Is there any update posible fot the fitbit sense?

Best Answer

When will this be available for the Verda 3?

Best Answer

As described at the top:

Because the Exercise API has never been fully supported by Fitbit and e.g. the issue with the name was never fixed, I will not continue to develop the app further and phase it out. Since I have switched to another product myself, and this has always been a private project, I will not invest any more time in development.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What device did you switch to?

Best Answer
0 Votes

To a Garmin Fénix

Best Answer
0 Votes