Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP - Support

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

icon@1x.png

***UPDATE 2020-09-28***

Because the Exercise API has never been fully supported by Fitbit and e.g. the issue with the name was never fixed, I will not continue to develop the app further and phase it out. Since I have switched to another product myself, and this has always been a private project, I will not invest any more time in development. I'm sorry for all the users.

Patrick

I am the developer of the SUP app for Fitbit OS. Feel free to ask any questions or post details of any problems.

SUP is an Fitbit App to track your Stand Up Paddling sessions on the water.
Displays important statistics such as heart rate, current speed, average speed, max speed, distance paddled, total strokes* and total session duration.

Screenshot 2019-01-09 at 14.39.17.png Screenshot 2019-01-09 at 14.39.36.pngScreenshot 2019-01-09 at 14.41.21.png

All session data is recorded in the Fitbit activity log so you can view the data in the Fitbit mobile app and on Fitbit.com.

*I am using the step detection for counting the strokes. I tested it multiple times while paddling and I am quite happy with the count.

The application uses the Exercise API added in Fitbit OS 3.0 and is based on the sdk-exercise by Jon Barlow.

Please make sure that you have installed Fitbit OS 3.0.

If interested in helping me making the app better. Please contact me or checkout the project in Github: https://github.com/pfederi/fitbit-sup

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

That’s great news - TKU

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gregmoore Welcome to the Fitbit forums! I'm glad you have found this thread to be helpful regarding the SUP app. 

I just wanted to jump in to let you all know that there is a thread that was created by @federi, the developer of this app, in which he can provide all the support you need. Please feel free to post on that thread so we can keep the Community organized! @jw41

Check the thread here.

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@federi Thank you very much for sharing this information and for keeping us updated on this. I'm sure a lot of users will find this information useful. 

Thanks for giving the needed support for this app. I'm glad it is now available for Ionic too. 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I. Going to install it right now, thanks!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I'm downloading the app now and about to go out for a paddle to try it (I live in Florida so winter is an awesome time to paddle)

Best Answer
0 Votes

So why do i get the meassage cannot be installed on your divice then ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need a Versa or Ionic with an actual software version. You should see an update button in your Fitbit App on your phone when connecting to your watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

First of all, congratulations for the application. I am a member of the organizing team of the SUP league. waterpaddlechallengue2019.com

we have organized the last waveski 2018 world championship in Pantin beach, one of the beaches in northern Spain with more activity in SUP sports. We would like to comment with you about our project. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am looking at upgrading to an Ionic. Since it has internal GPS does the app still need to be linked to a phone for distance?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. Sorry, was busy at work today.
With Ionic you locally access the GPS and don’t need a connection to a phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice little app but I’m confused on something. I can see the app track on my Iconic but when I try to view the workout in the Fitbit app under Exercise, it only show as aerobic w/o GPS map, no summary of workout to monitor progress.   Am I missing something?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Robin

Thank you for your feedback. Every message will help to improve the app.

I am aware of that issue but unfortunately I cannot do anything about it as this is a bug from Fitbit. At the time I developed the app the exercise name was shown correctly under the exercises. But still without a map. After an update from Fitbit all custom exercises appear as Aerobic.

A workaround that I use is that I change the name of the exercise in the Fitbit app to interval. This is not perfect but at least it shows the map and the time correctly.

Patrick

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I download your app? I love what i’m seeing from you posted under a page I found by searching the internet. But I do t see where the app can be downloaded. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The App is available at the Fitbit Store https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/7d4753cc-93f0-4eb4-a532-670d36d914cd. You can install it via the Fitbit App on your mobile phone.

Best Answer

For some reason I get a message that the app cannot be installed on my device. Is the app Android only?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app is Fitbit Versa or Fitbit Ionic compatible. You need to open the Fitbit app on your mobile (iOS or Android). Click on the watch icon top left, go to apps, switch the tab at the top to "all apps" and search for SUP.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did that and it still says it cannot be installed on my device. Frustrating.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which watch do you have?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brand new Versa.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Strange. I just deinstalled it on my phone and reinstalled it again. Can you install other apps?

Best Answer
0 Votes