Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUP - Support

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

icon@1x.png

***UPDATE 2020-09-28***

Because the Exercise API has never been fully supported by Fitbit and e.g. the issue with the name was never fixed, I will not continue to develop the app further and phase it out. Since I have switched to another product myself, and this has always been a private project, I will not invest any more time in development. I'm sorry for all the users.

Patrick

I am the developer of the SUP app for Fitbit OS. Feel free to ask any questions or post details of any problems.

SUP is an Fitbit App to track your Stand Up Paddling sessions on the water.
Displays important statistics such as heart rate, current speed, average speed, max speed, distance paddled, total strokes* and total session duration.

Screenshot 2019-01-09 at 14.39.17.png Screenshot 2019-01-09 at 14.39.36.pngScreenshot 2019-01-09 at 14.41.21.png

All session data is recorded in the Fitbit activity log so you can view the data in the Fitbit mobile app and on Fitbit.com.

*I am using the step detection for counting the strokes. I tested it multiple times while paddling and I am quite happy with the count.

The application uses the Exercise API added in Fitbit OS 3.0 and is based on the sdk-exercise by Jon Barlow.

Please make sure that you have installed Fitbit OS 3.0.

If interested in helping me making the app better. Please contact me or checkout the project in Github: https://github.com/pfederi/fitbit-sup

Best Answer
79 REPLIES 79

Doesn’t seem so.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

The app store says that this cannot be installed on my device, I have a Versa. Why would this be? I have tried restarting the Versa and uninstalling apps I dont use in case memory was an issue.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have an actual firmware on your watch?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Absolutely,  I was so excited to use it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarted no luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like there is an issue with the Fitbit Versa Light. I will have to look at it. I heard from other users that retrying a few times helped to get the app installed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Ionic. It’s just annoying when it just says walking instead of paddling. Is there a way to have FitBit sync ALL exercises with MyFitnessPal?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

App didn’t work very well today. Don’t know why. Attached arestats from SUP app on Ionic and the other pic is when I set Ionic to bike mode was totally accurate. Any help would be great

CDBA3D66-C016-4FBE-A8CB-EF26805E4D1E.jpeg

82EB3D1B-4CDB-41FD-A51F-02E2AEC6C757.jpegGOS map is correct but SUP data is not accurate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I experienced the same problem. I think that the problem is that Custom Exercises on Fitbit just take the GPS Data for the positions and not for the distance which is set by the amount of steps. As is probably walking. I just published an update where I changed the custom exercise to running. I hope this will make the travelled distance more accurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Biking works because steps are counted. 

All my other issues :  everything worked fine!  Except for category of exercise. 

I know now nothing about writing code but can’t you copy code for bicycle and just change title and then twist Fitbit’s arm l, so to speak, to have add it to their list?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

The app gps distance is not accurate at all. A few days ago, I set Ionic to bicycle and everything tracked accurate except for title. Then I tried SUP app and recorded nearly same paddle as <1 mi. Today SUP app recorded my paddle as “aerobics” with no  map or gps.  And if we want to use Strava we always have to bring our phone with us as we cannot record from the Strava app on Ionic.  This is totally unsatisfactory. I have always big a big Fitbit fan ever since the beginning but now I’m wondering. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing is syncing except for steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I have the Versa 2 and am desperate for an app to track my SUP with. But I can't seem to find your (or any SUP) app when searching for SUP in the Fitbit AppStore. Any advice?

/Linda

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Linda

I'm not sure if I have to make the App Versa 2 ready first. I don't have the information yet. Will for sure do it asap if needed. Meanwhile you could try to install from here: https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/7d4753cc-93f0-4eb4-a532-670d36d914cd

Yours sincerly

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just installed the latest update and when I've finished the workout the screen/watch freezes on "End Activity". What do I dod? Reset the watch? Reinstall the app? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @GetMySurfski 

Sorry the late answer. There was indeed a version where a user couldn't end an activity. It was a bug with a disabled Touch setting. Should be fixed with the latest version. Which version have you installed. Probably it would be best to deinstall the app, restart the phone and reinstall the app.

Happy paddling

Best Answer
0 Votes

I found it but I can not install it on my Versa despite having the latest versions on app and device. The install button is pale grey and not active 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why isn't there a app for the Charge 3? The other watches are to Big, so I bought the Charge 3 but there is no SUP App for my watch. I hope you invent one for the Charge too.

Best Answer
0 Votes