Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather doesn't show up on clock face for Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My weather app on the versa itself works just fine, but for any clock face that involves displaying the current temperature - doesn't work. I've made sure I've synced with the app and the location services are on etc.

Halp!!

Best Answer
115 REPLIES 115

Same here although I had to remove the watch face due to it somehow interfering with bluetooth and not getting notifications or syncing. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@xxmysteryangel5 @richim @Wolfe13 @Mam8 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to post the workaround that helped you out to resolve this. I'm sure this will be very helpful for other users experiencing the same. Also, I'm glad the Nothing Special clock face started to work again after its update.

@bbiggs It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting the situation you are experiencing with the Weather not showing when connected to cellular data. Thanks for trying different watch faces.

The Weather app, requires All-Day Sync to be turned on for data to be sent from the Fitbit app to your watch. Please make sure to check this is enabled:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon  > your device image.
  2. Find the option to turn on All-Day Sync.

Also, please check location services are on for the Fitbit app as well as checking that the Fitbit app remains running in the background on your phone.

@DawnTheriault Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing your theory on this thread. There are no confirmed issues about that. I'd recommend trying the above steps in order to sort this out.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had everything set properl. I did all the trouble shooting advised. The weather was working after the update. I was having a problem with the versa not syncing to my galaxy s8. My daughter and I bought our Versa's the same day and have the same phone. She has no problems with notifications and I was constantly needing to turn off Bluetooth and reset my watch. After weeks of this I got so frustrated and looked to see what was different between our watches. The only difference was the clock face. I was using an non fitbit created one. I changed my clock face and have not had a problem with notifications since. As much as I liked the clock face I was using I gave up on it due to notification problems.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for me i tried more then 10 faces and everything posted, since last update no face weather works i have done numerous restarts and reinstalls

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys @pbogdanov (welcome here) and @Mam8! Thanks for trying the tips and recommendations provided along this thread. 

Make sure you have Location Services enabled on your phone. Once it is enabled, sync your tracker and check the Weather app. It should show your city as default. Also, I'd like to make sure that you've restarted your watch by following these steps and double check that your Fitbit app is up-to-date.  And, try doing the following:

• Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app
  • Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon > your device image.
  • Tap Apps.
  • Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  • In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  • Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see the updated units.

Give this a shot and let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think the weather has been fixed by the author of the clock face. It has been working properly for me. Thanks

@MarreFitbit wrote:

Hi guys @pbogdanov (welcome here) and @Mam8! Thanks for trying the tips and recommendations provided along this thread. 

Make sure you have Location Services enabled on your phone. Once it is enabled, sync your tracker and check the Weather app. It should show your city as default. Also, I'd like to make sure that you've restarted your watch by following these steps and double check that your Fitbit app is up-to-date.  And, try doing the following:

• Log out of your Fitbit app
  • Force quit the app
  • Turn off the Bluetooth
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes
  • Turn on the Bluetooth
  • Log back into your Fitbit app
  • Open the Fitbit app and tap the Account icon > your device image.
  • Tap Apps.
  • Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  • In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  • Sync your device and then open the Weather app on your device to see the updated units.

Give this a shot and let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

I have the same issue I have tried half dozen or more apps and even tried the hard boot

can't get weather

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got mine working.  I didn't have the background app refresh on (in the settings, go to fitbit app, toward the bottom).  Turned it on, and I have my temp.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mam8 @bbiggs I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting back the situation you are currently experiencing with the weather feature. I'm really glad to read that it is now working. Thanks for sharing the workarounds you did to have this sorted. I'm sure this will be helpful for other users too. 

@marianne5 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting that you are also experiencing the same situation with the weather on your watch. Thanks for trying those steps in order to sort this out.

Please make sure you have background app refresh on just as @bbiggs informed above:

• Go to your phone settings
  • Go to Fitbit app toward the bottom
  • Turn it on

Please try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven’t said it was working I can’t get weather on the clock faces

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@marianne5 Thanks for your reply and for sharing those details. 

Did you try the steps I shared on my post above?

Also, please try a Fitbit developed clock face and let me know if you see the weather on it. You will find those clock faces as a category at the Fitbit App Gallery.

Keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got the clock face "Illium essentials". It uses an OpenWeather API to get the current weather conditions.

After I installed the clock face and entered the OpenWeather key, the current location and weather were displayed. But once I went to work, either the location did not update, or the location did get updated but the weather display did not get updated.

Today, I set Advanced Settings -> Location Access -> Location Mode to "Use GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile networks" on my phone (Honor 8, EMUI 5.04, Android 7.0). Earlier it was set to "Use GPS only". I have also turned on "All day Sync" on the Fitbit app. Today, the weather seems to be getting updated. Will see what happens over the next few days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @UtCal, it's nice to see you around here! Thanks for sharing those details and letting us know that so far you're getting your weather on your Versa. That's great! Woman Very Happy

For future references, with third party apps, note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. So, for any inconveniences you may experience with this app, we recommend contacting the owner of the app.

To contact the developer please open their app on the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll/swipe down and under "App Details" you will find the information.

See you later and stay awesome!

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't see weather on my versa either.  It happens with every single app that I have chosen that that has a weather component.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Duluthmom, thanks for jumping in here! While reading your post I'm wondering if all the apps you're choosing are third-party apps? If so, please contact the developer.

In order to do so, pen their app on the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll/swipe down and under "App Details" you will find the information. Woman Very Happy

If you have any additional questions, let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Me too!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Setting Location Mode to "Use GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile networks" (on Android 7.0) and enabling "All day Sync" on the Fitbit app did work for me. But it used too much battery on the phone. I guess I can survive without seeing the weather on the Versa. First world problems 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Haha! I didn't think about the battery issue. I did make those adjustments in my settings but the weather still doesn't work, I have a IPhone 8Plus.  I'll have to just keep revisiting the string to see if any new fixes pop up.  Thank you!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @marianne5! So I can better assist you, can you please let me know which steps have you tried?

Thanks for getting back @UtCalIf your phone is running the Android 8 operating system, you may see a notification letting you know the Fitbit app is using battery resources. For more information, see Why is the Fitbit app sending a notification to my Android phone?

Hey @Duluthmom! I'm on iOS too and something that happened to me was that changes done on the Fitbit app on my iPhone were not being synced with the Charger 3. So, I tried General>Reset>Reset Location & Privacy on my iPhone, and then everything started working. So, it's fixed and I can start seeing the Weather on my 'Location'.

Let me know the outcome! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which weather app are you using?

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes