Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiencing skin discomfort, irritation, or wrist pain?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. 

If you're experiencing any discomfort while wearing your Fitbit device, it’s very important to review and follow our wear and care tips. Most customers are able to wear their device without discomfort when following the wear and care tips.

If you continue to experience discomfort or your device feels hot, contact Customer Support.

Best Answer
117 REPLIES 117

Thanks for getting back to us and for reporting this, I really appreciate your picture @PetraMar

I understand your concern and apologize for the experience that you've had while wearing your Fitbit Charge 5. Please know that your safety is our utmost priority. 

I've requested a case on your behalf so our Support team can look into this. You'll receive an email with more information, so please keep an eye on your inbox.

In the meantime, please make sure to review our product & safety information and follow our wear and care tips. Most of our members are able to wear their device without discomfort when following those tips.

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_8399.jpeg

My last Sense I loved but failed spectacularly. Kept losing time no matter how well charged. They offered me a Sense 2 at a discount. Paid them. This is what is happening. I have a burn/sore on my wrist if I wear it more than 3 days. Half the time it won’t actually tell me the time just my steps, or heart rate. Literally have to hard shut down and restart. Worst watch ever. But now it actually hurts and requires medical treatment. I will put in an official report regardless but wanted to know if anyone else had similar? And if Fitbit will shut this down when I ask? 

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome back to the Fitbit community, @bathj!

Judging the posted picture of your forearm, I'd say your wearing your Sense 2 way too tight as I can can clearly see marks of it's band on your skin.
Please refer to these guidelines for comfortable usage of your device:

Wear & Care 

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same thing. Sensitive skin. Not too tight, like other person/bot says. I move it around on my forearm at least once a day, change to other wrist if necessary. Well look into different material for the band. It seems like right where the clasp is that it's the worst. What did they do for medical treatment? Mine just goes away after a couple of hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here! It’s very strange: never had a problem with my skin for years, with my previous Fitbits, but since my Sense 2 i have a pretty bad allergic reaction on my wrist, after a few days. The most weird thing of it, is I’ve tried sillicon bands, nylon bands: but also with other materials I have the same skin-issues. Now I change it from my left to my right wrist every few days,  

Best Answer

Also: i’ve cleaned my bands, i (almost) shower everyday and also with a new band i have the same reaction. And it was pretty a bad reaction, a lot worser then the OP’s picture. So bad i think I even shouldn’t place a picture of it here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Talahthas Thank you for your help. 

@bathj @Lbouhuijzen @Sarah8607 , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your efforts and reports. 

@bathj Support told me that you already contacted them. You'll receive a reply soon. Keep working with Support. 

@Lbouhuijzen @Sarah8607 , I've informed Support and they'll be contacting you via email soon. They'll provide  further assistance on the emails. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tracker piece caused a skin rash - that’s still healing 4 days later. Not the first time this has happened. 
customer service supposed to email but hasn’t… anyone else have this issue

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

My fitbit flex never caused this pain. I got the Sense 2 for Xmas and have worn it for months. Recently, it's been actually burning my skin. Ive even had tiny blisters under where the sensors are. It's not due to a tight band or moisture. I take it off for showers and often leave it off once a week overnight to charge and let it "breathe." I even wipe it clean everyday. It's painful and I'm considering giving up wearing it but I know what my husband paid for it. I love it but it's hurting me 😞

1000000829.jpg

t I know what my husband paid for it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This pic is after a full day of hydrocortisone cream.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel your pain.  Mine started doing this about 2months ago.  Not moisture and I clean daily as well as switching wrists but still getting burns under the face.  I have to stop wearing it but am afraid I will have to 😢

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Narsadowski @Kimmerjihn - please make sure it's not getting hot which can happen if it is damaged inside, especially when charging it, if it does stop wearing it or charging it.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

wear my watch on left arm get random sharp pain in back of that hand. Only when wearing watch.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Maggemae - if the watch gives you discomfort stop wearing it, at least on that arm.

It could be it is too tight or you have an onset condition which it is exasperating, or if too loose and with strong hand movements it is hitting the back of your hand.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_ Thank you for your message. 

@Maggemae , A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your report. 

I've informed Support and they'll be contacting and assisting you via email . 
Soon you'll receive a message. 
Keep working with Support. They'll take care of you 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_ Thank you for your help. 

@Narsadowski @Kimmerjihn A warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your messages. 

I've informed Support and they'll be contacting and assisting you via email . 
Soon you'll receive a message. 
Keep working with Support. They'll take care of you 

In the meantime, please make sure to review our product & safety information and follow our wear and care tips. Most of our members are able to wear their device without discomfort when following those tips.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the community forums, @H8tergurl.

Thanks for providing us with this information. I understand where you're coming from and I apologize for this inconvenience, as well as the experience that you've had with your Charge 5.

Because you have a case created, I've forwarded your post to our Support team so they can provide you with further assistance. Please wait for their email as I'm sure they'll contact you as soon as they have more information to share with you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Fitbit charge 6 but returned it because of the warning: Fitbit products using PurePulse technology have a heart rate tracking feature that may pose risks to users with certain health conditions. Consult your doctor prior to use of such products if you (1) have a medical or heart condition, (2) are taking any photosensitive medicine, (3) have epilepsy or are sensitive to flashing lights, (4) have reduced circulation or bruise easily, or (5) have tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome, or other musculoskeletal disorders.

I use Hydrochloortiazide which is a photosensitive medicine and hope someone can explain me the risk warning? Why do I have to consult my doctor? What can happen wearing a fitbit when you use photosensitive medicine? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @oma57 and welcome to the Community.  The heart rate LEDs are constantly on.  The risk to you is a skin burn from the heart rate monitor.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply. So people who use photosensitive medicines can't wear a fitbit? I use Hydrochloortiazide for my blood pressure. A few weeks ago I read that Hydrochloortiazide causes photosensitivity and there is also a risk for skin cancer. 

You wrote that the Leds are constantly on and there is a risk for skin burn.... Is there also a risk voor skin cancer then? I must say that I returned the Fitbit because I had a red (looked like burned) spot on my wrist after wearing the fitbit at night. I loved the fitbit because my condition was excellent for my age...and it remembers me to drink enough water.😀

Best Answer