Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiencing skin discomfort, irritation, or wrist pain?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. 

If you're experiencing any discomfort while wearing your Fitbit device, it’s very important to review and follow our wear and care tips. Most customers are able to wear their device without discomfort when following the wear and care tips.

If you continue to experience discomfort or your device feels hot, contact Customer Support.

Best Answer
76 REPLIES 76

Welcome to the forums, @Liv-Tone@Gr4ndp4 Thanks for your help!

@Liv-Tone Thanks for sharing these details with me. I understand your concern regarding this experience with your Luxe, and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Because the safety of our members is of utmost importance to us, I have forwarded your comments to our Support team. They will review your case and provide you with more information shortly. Please keep an eye on your inbox for an email from them.

Best Answer

New Charge 6 band causes sores on wrist.  Had a Charge 4 and never had this problem.  Perhaps the Chinese manufacturer changed the composition of the band adding a material that causes irritation and allergies.  Is there a fabric band for the Charge 6?  I may have to quit wearing it. 

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a slight sore bit in my wrist since having genuine charge 6 strap. Like you never had an issue with other products

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is my third Charge. No problems with the previous two.

Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this issue as well and so have several other people I know that use this device. Kept getting constant irritation on my wrist. I ended up buying the sport band and haven't had the problem since. Not sure if it's a different type of rubber or if the added holes allow moisture to evaporate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

At first I liked the silicone band but lately I've been getting some irritation, especially where the end tucks in. My wife got one of the 3rd party fabric/elastic ones because the silicone band was really bad for her. That's not exactly my style but I do like the way those fit. I've been looking at nylon ones with a traditional buckle but haven't found the right one yet.

Best Answer

@SPdeveloper @BrianC43 @chrissy1987 , Nice to see you around. Thank you for your messages and information. 

I've informed Support, and they'll be providing further assistance via email . You'll be receiving a message soon. 

Keep working with Support. In the meantime, please have a look at this: Fitbit Product Care

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My 'solution' has been to wear the strap tucked in but looser when I'm not exercising and don't need accurate readings and not tucked in but tighter when I'm exercising and do want accurate readings. Not that the readings are ever that accurate. Hardly ideal but the best I can do.

Best Answer

Hi there, @jontris and @bobdob@AxB and @RiekoC Thanks for your insights.

@jontris and @bobdob I'm sorry for the experience that you've had with your Charge 6, and thanks for your efforts while working on this. I understand your concern and because your safety is our priority, I've requested a case on your behalf so our Support team can look into this. You'll receive an email with more information, so please keep an eye on your inbox.

In the meantime, please make sure to review our product & safety information and follow our wear and care tips. Most of our members are able to wear their device without discomfort when following those tips.

Best Answer

Hi there, @bothwellm@Guy_ Thanks for your help.

@bothwellm Thanks for the details provided and the time taken to troubleshoot your watch. I understand your concern and I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you've experienced. Given this situation, I've requested a case on your behalf so you can receive further assistance. You'll receive an email shortly, so please keep an eye on your inbox.

As a side note, I'd like to clarify that our Support team can be reached out via different channels such as chat and phone. To get in touch with them, just check the Fitbit app and follow the steps shared by our friend above.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to stop wearing my Versa 4 because it was starting to burn my wrist. Has anyone else had this problem? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @91711user - Fitbit take this seriously and you can always chat via the Fitbit App, Help & support section, Contact Customer support.

However the watch could be faulty and overheating - try charging it and see if it gets hot, and if so stop immediately as it confirms a fault.

Unless there is an allergic reaction keeping the watch clean and dry is also a requisite.

If it is defective it can be replaced under warranty or if you are unhappy with the watch Fitbit have a 45 day refund policy or possibly authorised dealers too, some stores provide 14 to 30 day refunds.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi there, @91711user. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear about the discomfort you're experiencing with your Versa 4. We're here to help! 

I've seen you followed @Guy_'s advice and contacted our Support Team just right after posting here and they've already assisted you. If you have any questions regarding the outcome of your case, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team again. Since you already have a ticket open with them it'd be easier to continue the follow up on this matter with them directly.  

Thanks in advance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

• Name: Patty
  • Country you live in: United States
  • What Fitbit you're using right now? (Versa, Luxe, Sense, Inspire...) Inspire
  • What do you do to achieve your fitness goals? (Pilates, run, push-ups, squats...) I'm a runner
  • Define yourself using 1 word:  Resilient

I received my FitBit as a gift for Christmas in 2020. It has occasionally given me a rash from time to time on my wrist. I wear it on my non-dominant hand. Tonight, however, this is an all out blister burn and the first time it's happened. I was not working out or running when this happened. I was literally just standing here at my computer preparing a newsletter to my clients. This photo was taken about 20 minutes ago and it's not getting any better.

In doing a Google search, apparently, this is not uncommon, although it shouldn't be happening at all. I'm sorry to say but I won't be using FitBit any longer and will have to track my workouts manually going forward. From what I've read, Apple Watch isn't much different with rashes or burns.

IMG_7717.jpeg

Best Answer

Hello, I am getting a terrible, blistering rash from my from my Fitbit Versa 2. I have researched, and gently cleaned, changed arms, used a small piece of tape, and everything else I can think of but after a few days of attempting to wear I get a rash that comes on, worsens, and eventually blisters wherever the watch back has been in contact. I'm so disappointed because I have had a previous fitbit and other smart watches and never have had this happen before. Topical ointments and rash creams do nothing to help. What is going on with my watch??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@gerhartg Nice to see a new face around the community. Thank you for your messages and information. 

I've informed Support, and they'll be providing further assistance via email . You'll be receiving a message soon. 

Keep working with Support. In the meantime, please have a look at this: Fitbit Product Care

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the 2nd watch after receiving a replacement.  It has always given me a bit of a rash but recently it got so bad that I had to take the watch off for 10 days, which was awful because I have become addicted to it.  I put the watch back on this morning and now it is no longer tracking anything.  It is fully charged and I already gave it a reboot.  I do not know what to do.  Is there anything that I can do to stop this rash and make it track my movement again?  

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Sarahd888. I'm sorry to hear abut your Charge 5 and thank you for reporting this. 

I understand your concern and because your safety is our priority, I've requested a case on your behalf so our Support team can look into this. You'll receive an email with more information, so please keep an eye on your inbox.

In the meantime, please make sure to review our product & safety information and follow our wear and care tips. Most of our members are able to wear their device without discomfort when following those tips.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone else experienced skin burns on their wrist from Fitbit Sense?

20240326_092149.jpg

 its been happening for months! It's not irritating but I'm a bit worried about radiation 😕

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

Hi @Stactacular - if the watch is not getting hot when wearing or charging, there may be an allergic reaction or it needs cleaning more regularly. It is wise to give your wrist a rest.

Fitbit take cases like this seriously so perhaps chat via the Fitbit App, Help & support section, Contact Customer support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes