Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misspelled my Community Username

ANSWERED

When I went to post my first post in the community forums, I accidentally misspelled my username (it's supposed to be Death, not Deat). The page that prompted me for a username in no way made it clear that it was not editable and there was no confirmation dialogue, so I had no idea at the time what I was entering was perminant. 

Is there anyway I can get my username fixed? Is there a way to contact Fitbit support to have it fixed or am I stuck with a misspelled username for the rest of eternity? 

Best Answer
188 REPLIES 188

I've also mis-spelt my community name. Can the fit bit crew assist with correcting the error - please

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndreaFitbit @MatthewFitbit  or other moderator - can I please have assistance in changing my display name in the forum? I created my account today but realized I chose the wrong username. I contacted Fitbit support and they said I need a community moderator to change my name for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My username was saved before I finished typing it. It should be KaterinaBallerina NOT KaterinaBallerin - how on earth do I change it? Also, my does my profile when I login still sat Kat L. and what is the difference between these two usernames? Please update my one above

Best Answer
0 Votes

Community forum usernames are limited to 15 characters, which is why your name got cut off. If you'd like to change it to something else, just let us know.

Your other username appears on Fitbit messaging, with friends on the platform. I know it's a bit confusing - a different username is needed for the forums so that every user can be distinct, with no names repeating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@TokyoDallas You're all set.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I misspelled my name as well. I wanted Bluestar, but I accidentally put Bluestat. May you fix this too? 🙏🏼

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you sure? because I would really like to change mine now that my Alta is dead and im using a different watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Bluestar12 and @Stewart2005. I apologize for the delayed response and will be glad to assist you with your userneme inquiries.

@Bluestar12, Bluestar already exists, so I wasn´t able to change it. 

@Stewart2005, if you need help with your Alta you can ask for it on that board and let me know the username you would like.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is Bluestar12 or Bluestar2016 (or 2017-2019) available?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ops sorry didn't mean to post that. Got confused 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @Bluestar12 and @Stewart2005.

@Bluestar12, your name has been changed. Robot LOL

@Stewart2005, 2019 already exists.

Let me know if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer

Thank you so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're welcome @Bluestar12Woman Wink

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Keep on visiting the forums! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need help changing my Community username.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ChristoZ and welcome to the Fitbit Community! I'll be glad to assist you with your community username inquiry. 

Which name would you like having now?

I'll be waiting for your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi and thanks, Can it be changed to Fitbit2005.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @Stewart2005. We´re unable to add the word Fitbit on user names in order to avoid confusion. 

Please let me know if you need further assistance.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, I see ok then, what about Stewart2005. would that work? thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes