Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misspelled my Community Username

ANSWERED

When I went to post my first post in the community forums, I accidentally misspelled my username (it's supposed to be Death, not Deat). The page that prompted me for a username in no way made it clear that it was not editable and there was no confirmation dialogue, so I had no idea at the time what I was entering was perminant. 

Is there anyway I can get my username fixed? Is there a way to contact Fitbit support to have it fixed or am I stuck with a misspelled username for the rest of eternity? 

Best Answer
188 REPLIES 188

Please update my username to a capital 'W'. Let me know if you need more information! Thanks! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MatthewFitbit - my name is actuallly shawnwilfong, not shawnwilfon and I just created my account.  Can you add a "g" at the end of my username?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@shawnwilfong Sure thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you please fix mine too byneedleandthread it is missing the 'd'.i posted before but no change yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Community usernames have a maximum length of 15 characters. Let me know if you have an alternate option that you would like to use.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry I wrote it wrong. Needs to be byneedleandthread. 

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Needleandthread would work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@needleandthread You got it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can anyone tell me why i Cant' start a topic, I have a question about my fitbit.!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner You can start a topic by visiting the board associated with your device and clicking the "Start a topic" button at the top-left.

This is a general information board where new topics are not allowed, but you should be able to start one on any of the others.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Andrea, I misspelled my name and accidentally put my husbands name on it, I was wondering if you could help me. Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MatthewFitbit I already told @AndreaFitbit That I put my husbands name. Is there anyway you can help? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @BarbJoyce! I removed the Ken from your user´s name. Is that the way you wanted it?

Thank you for visiting the forums and Welcome to the Fitbit family. Heart Have a nice weekend.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you but I needed for my profile name, Caleb Joyce because my son was helping me figur our how to do stuff and he accidentally put Caleb in stead of Barbara. Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AndreaFitbit I just realized that I didn’t put the @AndreaFitbit sorry. And I am so sorry but can you change my profile name from Caleb Joyce to Barbara Joyce. Thank yo so much!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Matthew. Just saw this and was hoping you can change my username. My wife was on the forum and it prompted her to make said username. However, she didn’t realize she was signed into my account and now I have her name as my handle for the forum. And now she can’t have hers. Is it possible to change it to AJennings910 or Jennings420? Whatever is available. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MatthewFitbit Not sure if you saw my last post. Wife gor confused about which account she was signed into and assigned me her username. So my forum handle isn’t even my name. Can you change it to AJennings910 or Jennings420?  Please and thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Greetings.

As above, my husband accidentally used my account to create a forum profile and as such is using the wrong name. Fitbit support said to make a post on the forums about it, so here it is.

Please change the forum name from skyrider to Mattie

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AJennings910 @Mattie Done and done. Let me know if you need anything else.

Best Answer

Ok got that fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes