Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misspelled my Community Username

ANSWERED

When I went to post my first post in the community forums, I accidentally misspelled my username (it's supposed to be Death, not Deat). The page that prompted me for a username in no way made it clear that it was not editable and there was no confirmation dialogue, so I had no idea at the time what I was entering was perminant. 

Is there anyway I can get my username fixed? Is there a way to contact Fitbit support to have it fixed or am I stuck with a misspelled username for the rest of eternity? 

Best Answer
188 REPLIES 188

Hi Andrea,

My profile name is Chris Z.    which can be viewed here: https://www.fitbit.com/user/3SKSLR

I would like my Community Name to match my profile name.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ChristoZ. I'll be happy to assist you. 

I tried changing your name to the requested one but your name shouldn't have spaces or characters. ChrisZ already exists.

Please let me know if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

May I also get "how to change community Name" PM,please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

I was signing up to be able to post in the community last week and was doing so via my phone. I had typed "libraryzombie" as my username (which I use just about everywhere). Unfortunately, my phone glitched or the site glitched, and when my post got posted, it changed itself to "libray".

really need this username changed. I don't want to get stuck with a typo/glitch-name for the community, if possible. Can a moderator help me out with this?

Cheers & thanks!

Kelly (aka libraryzombie)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@libraryzombie You're all set.

Best Answer

Yes!! Thank you!!

~ libraryzombie

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you please change my username from Rubel to Ruhel or alternatively if Ruhel is not available then I would take Ruhelking1. Like everyone else it was just a silly mistake.

Thank you so much.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ruhel Done!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just entered my community name as StrawberryDragon. I double checked that it was right, then accepted. I watched the "n" magically fall off the end and leave me with a name I don't want. Yay!!

Any chance I can receive an assist? 😞

I'm thinking there might be a 15 character limit... if so it would be great for it to warn you instead of chopping off parts and leaving you stuck with the result. 😞 If this is what happened, SairaMegami will do if it's still available .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard, @SairaMegami! I'll be glad to assist you with your user name and thank you for your feedback. 

Your username has been updated.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

@AndreaFitbit

Thank you so much!!

I am sorry to trouble you further, but the last letter is missing again (SairaMegami). May I please have it added back in? 🙂

Thank you so much for your support!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @SairaMegami! Your username has been updated again. Robot LOL

You´re very welcome! Keep on visiting our community! 

Best Answer

Hi Matthew, I need help too! I accidentally hit accept with my community name too so now it’s misspelled. I wanted KFrunner but it’s KFrunned. How can I fix it? Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KFrunner Fixed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @MatthewFitbit  i was showing my dad how to use his fitbit and accidentally leave his account logged and sat my user name as his in the community, can you help me correcting this? 😞

I’m posting this from his account

btw happy holidays

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community. @Clasi! Which name would you like to have on your father's account?

Happy Holidays to you too!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Adolfo would ve ok
Thanks!

Enviado desde mi Huawei de Telcel.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for letting us know about the name you wold like to add @Clasi.

Adolfo already exists. Could you choose a different name?

I'll be waiting for your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have received email notification for this post for a long time now!! Soooooo annoying!!!! 

How do I TURN THIS STUPID POST OFF!!?!?!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Mods,

This seems to be the place to go to get usernames changed. I also misspelled mine (actually reached the 15 character limit and hit ‘enter’ before realising). Can I please change to NickyWanderlust? Your help would be much appreciated. 
current username is nicky_wanderlus (just in case for some reason it doesn’t show up here)

Best Answer
0 Votes