Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Misspelled my Community Username

ANSWERED

When I went to post my first post in the community forums, I accidentally misspelled my username (it's supposed to be Death, not Deat). The page that prompted me for a username in no way made it clear that it was not editable and there was no confirmation dialogue, so I had no idea at the time what I was entering was perminant. 

Is there anyway I can get my username fixed? Is there a way to contact Fitbit support to have it fixed or am I stuck with a misspelled username for the rest of eternity? 

Best Answer
188 REPLIES 188

I didn't know what I was entering when this popped up, I thought I was logging in. I don't want this as my user name. How do I update it???

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner You can always click "Unsubscribe" in the options menu (gear icon) for a topic if you no longer wish to receive notifications.

@NickyWanderlust Fixed!

@Shanelle01 If you send me a PM with your desired username, I will be happy to help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Matthew or Andrea,

Will you please change my username as well? I would like it to be LTLTWISTER. I didn't know how to send you a pm. Sorry.

Thank you! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @LTLTWISTER. Your username has successfully been changed. 

Keep on visiting the forums. 😁

Best Answer

@AndreaFitbit  Thank you so much! 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're very welcome @LTLTWISTER!

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

See you around. 

Best Answer

Please PM me and help me with my username error.  Also, I'm guessing someone has already thought of suggesting this to the programming team, but having a confirmation prompt saying something like, "your community username will permanently be _____.  Please confirm" would give those who've made typos a chance to correct them prior to being stuck with an unwanted username. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PianomanC I have corrected your username as requested.

Best Answer

Hi Matthew, Andrew,

Can anyone please change my community name to the following: Excellion

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Excellion I've updated your name as requested.

Best Answer

Hello, can you also help me change my nickname to Cosmin?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Cosmin Done.

Best Answer

Mine was supposed to be LunaBlitz not LumaBlitz 😞 can you help me? Thanks!

Best Answer

@LunaBlitz Fixed!

Best Answer

Yay! You're amazing, thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there a limit to characters or something? I typed the name I wanted out properly but it cut it off when it saved. Yet one more thing I'm unhappy about in my first day is a Fitbit user. So far nothing has been user-friendly, I can't get the clock I want because it says I'm not updated, but there doesn't seem to be any update options anywhere, except for the play store which says I have the current version. It doesn't stay connected to Bluetooth. I can't find this all day sync option. Literally absolutely nothing works the way it's supposed to and now I can't even get the username to come up right in the forum to try to get stuff fixed. How is Fitbit the leader in health trackers when there's so much wrong?!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DeWantsDessert Your forum username can be a maximum of 15 characters. The interface won't let you type any more than that, so what you see in the entry field is exactly what you'll get after you click Submit.

If you'd like me to change it to something else, let me know what you'd prefer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
DeWantsDessert please

Now what about the fact I can't install the Fitbit agenda app, or certain
clock faces, or keep Bluetooth connected?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DeWantsDessert Done - your username has been updated.

This thread is just for username corrections, and I don't want to go off-topic - so I'll reach out to you via private message with some suggestions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, I can't figure out how to private message the Mod 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes