Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel premium subscription

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How do you cancel a premium subscription 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject & Labels

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Nana20 the cancellation process depends on how you took out the subscription. Instructions covering all the options can be found in https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2437.htm

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

@Nana20 the cancellation process depends on how you took out the subscription. Instructions covering all the options can be found in https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2437.htm

Best Answer

No this does not solve anything. Making someone contact customer service to cancel a subscription is not a valid, streamlined, user friendly way to keep a positive relationship with your clients.

Best Answer

No this does not solve anything. Making someone contact customer service to cancel a subscription is not a valid, streamlined, user friendly way to keep a positive relationship with your clients. Not good.

Best Answer

Making someone contact customer service to cancel a subscription is not a valid, streamlined, user friendly way to keep a positive relationship with your customers.

You should make it just as easy to cancel a subscription as it is to sign up.

Stop fleecing your customers and start respecting them.

Moderator Edit: formatting

Best Answer

Making someone contact customer service to cancel a subscription is not a valid, streamlined, user friendly way to keep a positive relationship with your customers.

Stop fleecing your customers and start respecting them.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Hi @BermudaChowder  did you see the article @SteveH  linked above? That is the answer on how to cancel the subscription. It's all laid out based on how you signed up. I'm not sure how you feel this is fleecing someone when there is clearly a way to cancel the subscription. If Fitbit didn't respect customers, there wouldn't be an article with the necessary steps set out for us.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Yes, I saw it, Odyssey13. And guess what I found: 
"I purchased my subscription on fitbit.com To manage or cancel your subscription, contact Customer Support."

So again, my comment is valid as is evidenced by the fact one has to "contact customer support" if they purchased the subscription on fitbit.com and want to cancel it. There is no easy process to cancel a subscription if signed up for on fitbit.com and this was not made clear at the time of purchase. Nowhere does it say "if you want to cancel your subscription you will have to contact customer support to do so." If there was I, as I'm sure like many others, would not have taken the "free 90 day trial". No one has time in their busy days to contact customer support to cancel any subscription - especially one that should be easily canceled via the website at the click of a button.

And just for good measure I'll reiterate: 

Best Answer

totally agree under settings in no premium subscription listed per the website or help section,. Waiting online chat for almost 1 hour. NOT helpful

Best Answer

Indeed after chatting with someone all they did was say "Our team will continue to assist and will escalate it now so they can review and start to work on your request." before going on to say "I've already escalated your case to our designated team for Premium" and "They has the tool to cancel your Premium subscription." and finally "Your case has been escalated now and currently handled by the designated team."

Even if you delete your account they say:  "We can't guarantee that it will cancel the subscription upon deleting your Fitbit account because it was also linked to your" method of payment.

This is absurd customer service and a slap in the face to Fitbit customers and a sign of disrespect and how much they undervalue and under appreciate their customers.

Fitbit was more than eager to take the billing information but to cancel you have to contact customer support to then be "escalated your case to our designated team for Premium" who "has the tool to cancel your Premium subscription." 

This is a shady, shameful way to run a business and ensure customer loyalty.  My watch is off and app deleted. I'll be switching to a new watch and company who appreciate and respect their customers and don't try to fleece them with suspect business practices.

Best Answer

@Odyssey13 Thank you so much for your assistance on the thread. 

@BermudaChowder Welcome to the Fitbit Community. I appreciate the time you took to share your feedback on the forums, we're always striving to improve our services offered. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. Since the subscription was purchased from the Fitbit Store, this is the reason why our Support team will help you with the cancellation. As mentioned by them, your case has been escalated to a special team and this is why it couldn't be cancelled right away, rest assure that they'll be more than happy to assist. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

And as mentioned above your terrible business practices are noted, logged and posted for all to see. 

You are a company who readily takes peoples money but have no easy way to cancel a "free 90 day trial" subscription so one doesn't get charged 10 bucks a month.

Best Answer

I should also note that you still have not canceled the premium subscription but have plenty of time to send useless forum messages and meaningless emails saying you will do it.

Just. Cancel. The. Premium. Subscription.

Best Answer

@BermudaChowder  re-read the post from moderator @SilviaFitbit  and see that what she says makes sense. "Since the subscription was purchased from the Fitbit Store, this is the reason why our Support team will help you with the cancellation. As mentioned by them, your case has been escalated to a special team and this is why it couldn't be cancelled right away"

Silvia is a moderator on the forums, not customer support, so she can only do so much to help things move along.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

This is the exact response I have gotten I have tried cancelling from my phone or laptop both store and fitbit subscription. There is a forum on Premium to "review the benefits but no way to cancel." I was on hold with customer service chat for over 90 min and no closer to stopping my premium. I wish I never would have agreed. I want resolution and seem to be running in circles.

Best Answer

I am also trying to cancel my trial subscription today since I think it will start charging me on Monday? I honestly can't tell when I might get charged because Fitbit gives me no way to look up how many days left are on my trial since I got the free trial through Fitbit.com (same issue as BermudaChowder). The problem is, their support is CLOSED until Monday morning and I can't even get anyone on the phone to cancel it!! And trying their chat support link just gives me a blank window that says "Help is on the way!" but no indication of how or when help might arrive.

Seriously, if this is how Fitbit feels their customers deserve to be treated then I guess I'll just dispute the charge on my credit card when they try and ding me for not cancelling it in time. I have at least a day or two left on my trial and I should be able to cancel it NOW before it expires, but for some reason Fitbit decided they won't let me do that today. The idea that they are giving customers free trials in a way where they can't see the details of their plan or cancel it without calling a support number is absolutely LUDICROUS in 2020. This process leaves quite a sour taste in my mouth... Why doesn't Fitbit respect their customers more?

Best Answer
I only want my premium cancelled and have no luck reaching the company at all and keep getting redirected to this forum which is not helpful if it does not assist in cancelling my subscription.
Best Answer

If you can't find a way to manage your premium Fitbit subscription in Google Play and have multiple Google accounts, go to Google Play and switch accounts until you find the one with the subscription. 

It took me several hours of going in circles on Fitbit websites, the Fitbit app, and within Google Play where I would go to the Fitbit app in Google Play and hit manage subscription only for it to say I had no subscriptions. I knew I had a charge on my card from Google for Fitbit, but couldn't find evidence of the payment in Google Play.  Once it occurred to me to check all of my Google accounts, I found it quickly.

Hope this helps others.

Best Answer
Thank you I tried that and it said I had no subscriptions in google play but I will try looking in other accounts it is worth trying

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like its quite a chore to cancel premium and seeing all the issue people are having with canceling premium, now I'm afraid to activate my free 6 month trial. Initially I was planning to activate it after most issue/bugs are resolved.

Best Answer