Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Premium when already subscribed to Fitbit Coach

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Will the new Fitbit Premium subscription have an option for existing Fitbit Coach subscribers to upgrade rather than pay for two subscriptions that significantly overlap?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi all! It is great to see so much interest in Fitbit Premium from our Coach subscribers. 

To clarify, if you have a Fitbit Coach subscription in a country where Fitbit Premium is offered, you'll get Fitbit Premium soon and you won’t need to purchase a premium subscription. Premium is currently available in English, with more languages and regions coming soon.

If you have a Coach subscription and you have already started the 7-day free trial for Fitbit Premium, please be sure to cancel your Premium trial before it ends to avoid being charged separately for Premium. 

If you have additional questions or concerns, feel free to let me know below. Thanks! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
27 REPLIES 27

It's great to see you around @Marshjenni. I'm glad to hear that you're a Premium Coach. 

That's a good question, I haven't received any specific information about what will happen with existing Coach users. However, we expect Fitbit Premium to be available soon therefore we will provide more updates about when this is available. 

Stay tuned! Hope you can continue enjoying Coach. 😀

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The press release for the new FitBit Premium says cost will be $10 monthly or $80 annually. 

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190828005433/en/

However the cost of FitBit Premium currently shown today in FitBit Coach is much less at $7.99 monthly or $39.99 annually. 

Screenshot below  - 

FC414281-DAE5-4769-8607-E94CF3ED724B.jpeg

Can someone please clarify? 

Looking forward to the new features. 

Best Answer

@lilbitcounts2   I am moving your post to the Fitbit Premium and Coach Forum.  I think it is a better fit for your question.  A moderator's response to the same question had this response.  Stay tuned.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm hoping the information in this article is accurate:

"(...) and current Coach subscribers will automatically be upgraded to Premium for no extra cost)."

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/28/20835674/fitbit-premium-subscription-service-personalized-data-ch...

Best Answer

Thanks, that's the first article I have seen that mentions the potential overlap. Will hope it's accurate 😉

Best Answer

I called Fitbit customer service today and was told I would have to pay full price for premium, even though I recently paid for Coach. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That would be insanely ridiculous. That would be just a waste of our money

Best Answer

I received a notification today asking me to try out premium but I can't find it anymore. Furthermore, I didn't want to risk wrong the money I recently paid for coach

Best Answer

It would be good to get some clarification esoecially since there are those of us who newly subscribed to COACH without knowing that PREMIUM would be available. It is unfair to users to have to pay for both. 

Best Answer

I have been asked to start a 7 day free trial of premium this morning yet already paid for coach.

I'm furious. I hope this gets fixed.

Best Answer

What is the latest on this? I paid for an annual subscription to Coach in July and have just started the free 7 day trial for premium - which includes all the Coach videos. If I subscribe to Premium after the free trial, do I get reimbursed for the remaining 10 months of the Coach subscription, which I will no longer require??

Best Answer

I have exactly the same situation here, I hope it gets fixed soon.

Best Answer

Same here. Makes no sense to have to pay for both! 

Best Answer

@SilviaFitbit @Is there an update now you can provide?

Best Answer

Hi all! It is great to see so much interest in Fitbit Premium from our Coach subscribers. 

To clarify, if you have a Fitbit Coach subscription in a country where Fitbit Premium is offered, you'll get Fitbit Premium soon and you won’t need to purchase a premium subscription. Premium is currently available in English, with more languages and regions coming soon.

If you have a Coach subscription and you have already started the 7-day free trial for Fitbit Premium, please be sure to cancel your Premium trial before it ends to avoid being charged separately for Premium. 

If you have additional questions or concerns, feel free to let me know below. Thanks! 

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hi,

I have a yearly Fitbit Coach subscription and activated the Fitbit Premium trial. How do I cancel the Fitbit Premium trial to avoid getting charged for Coach and Premium? I found this article from Fitbit that describes how to cancel Premium, however in my Google account I only see a Fitbit Coach subscription.

Best Answer

Hi Matt. Can you give a timescale with when Fitbit Coach subscribers will get Premium? English language.

Best Answer

Any update on when "soon" is? Seems like your focus is on gaining new subscribers rather than offering the support to existing ones.

You'd think, since we have already paid, switching us would be priority over sending out free trials to everyone.

Best Answer

If you are already a coach subscriber I would check your app - I have access to the premium benefits and did not sign up for the trial. There is also a helpful pinned post in the Premium and Coach help forum.

Best Answer