Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel Fitbit Premium trial?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On a whim, I clicked on the “try Premium for a week free” box that kept popping up in my Fitbit app (this is just Fitbit Premium, not the Coach thing).

I’m now in the free trial period and would like to cancel before being charged. The only instructions I can find re cancelling direct me to apple - but there is nothing showing up in my appleTV settings regarding this subscription (my others are there, but nothing about Fitbit). The free trial is definitely ongoing since my screens/info have changed in the app.

It’s really very aggravating that it’s been made so difficult to cancel. Could someone please direct me to the right place?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
191 REPLIES 191

@Dyl5566 Hi there. Thanks for the details mentioned. I shared your post with our Support team and they mentioned you've been in contact with them. 

@Gecko55 Thanks for your input. 

Have a nice day. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So if I got free 3 months premium with the purchase of my new Versa 3, am I going to be charged at the end of the free period? Because I can’t see any Fitbit subscription in my Apple subscriptions, nor do I see any info on the Fitbit app or the online site about cancelling a premium membership, and I definitely don’t want to be charged for this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Smash31 Hi there. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

Once the 3 months Premium trial expired, you'll be charged monthly or annual depending on the subscription you chose. I've shared your post with our Support team and they mentioned you've been in touch with them, please continue the communication through email, they'll be happy to help. 

Have a great weekend. 

Best Answer
Yes, that is what happens and it's difficult to find how to cancel.Call fitbit or email fitbit support to cancel your subscription before the end date or you will be charged.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mackj5 Hi there. Your feedback and comments are appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services offered. Be sure that your comments won't be unnoticed and the comments in the forums are used to improve or implement features into the Fitbit world. 

Have a good weekend. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20210303-011106_Chrome.jpg

 I called the number in this photo and they said they had to escalate it to a specialized department and gave me a case number. I was worried it would take forever but I got an email back the same day saying they have done it and all I needed to do was log out and back into the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jason2020 Hi there. 

Thanks for sharing the instructions that you followed. I'm sure it will help others in the forums. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

With respect, this does not work for the trial. This only works after you are charged for your subscription. What is the way to cancel the trial before your are charged?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This doesn't work in one edge case. I had a Google Pixel when I got my new FitBit and started my trial using the Google Play Store. Later, I got a new iPhone. When I go to cancel the subscription from the FitBit app on my new iPhone, it redirects me to the Apple App Store, which doesn't show any record of my FitBit premium subscription (because it was with Google).

I was able to cancel my subscription by going here: https://play.google.com/store/account/subscriptions and cancelling it there.

It's incorrect for FitBit to assume that the user always set up the subscription in the default app store of their current phone. I'd expect the FitBit app to detect this edge case and redirect me to the appropriate website. Otherwise, I'd expect the FitBit app to have a native cancellation system in the app itself.

Please file a bug report to your development team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JonCoffee Welcome to the Fitbit Community.  I was able to see that you already have a case with our Support team. 

@CoryS2 Welcome to the Community. Your feedback is appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services offered. This is why we have our Feature Suggestion board, these ideas are reviewed by our team and the status will change depending on Fitbit plans. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My premium trial is still showing as active and doesn’t give me an option to cancel it I got the trial through the Fitbit app 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LadyBloodOath Welcome to the Fitbit Community.

Thanks for the details mentioned. I was able to see that you already have a case with our Support team. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't even sign up for premium.  I've been erroneously charged for premium for at least six months.  I want my money back.  this is wrong.  I lost my fitbit and haven't used it for months.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's what happened to me.....  Is this legal?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nanno57 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

Sorry to hear about your experience with Premium. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only see 3 options (one says "Fitbit premium monthly", the second says "Premium + coaching monthly" and the third states Fitbit premium annual) without NO cancel button on the screen of my iPhone when I click on Fitbit under "My Subscriptions" (I have trial premium subscription). Does that mean I will not be charged on the 21-May-2021 when my trial premium subscription expires?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

Please confirm you're following this procedure to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription on your iPhone. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the answer. I followed the steps in the link that you had sent but do not see the Cancel Subscription button. I presume that that is because the subscription is already canceled.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Thank you for getting back. 

Since you're no longer seeing the "Cancel" button, it means that the procedure followed has been successful. 

Have a nice day. 😀

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

My Google play store says I have no active fitbit premium subscription  but my fitbit app says premium any help appreciated 

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes