Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel Fitbit Premium trial?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On a whim, I clicked on the “try Premium for a week free” box that kept popping up in my Fitbit app (this is just Fitbit Premium, not the Coach thing).

I’m now in the free trial period and would like to cancel before being charged. The only instructions I can find re cancelling direct me to apple - but there is nothing showing up in my appleTV settings regarding this subscription (my others are there, but nothing about Fitbit). The free trial is definitely ongoing since my screens/info have changed in the app.

It’s really very aggravating that it’s been made so difficult to cancel. Could someone please direct me to the right place?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
191 REPLIES 191

@SunsetRunner Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this.

I appreciate that you've checked on Google Play but your Fitbit subscription isn't showing up. In this case, you need to cancel your subscription from the store that you purchased it from, if it was purchased through Google Play then it needs to be cancelled from there. I noticed you mentioned you already have an open case with our Support team please continue the communication through email and they'll be happy to assist. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used my parents iphone device to log into fit bit and sign up for a free trial but i put my credit card info on that device but now I want to cancel it but I'm in another state and I don't have access to the apple store or their email to cancel it. And the costumer service number says it doesn't take calls. My parents don't know how to work their own devices to cancel for me either. Is there another way to cancel that free trial on their versa lite that I bought and helped setup? I have my bank info and the purchase statements that I bought their device for them. Please help! I don't want my bank account to be charged and I want it canceled. Thanks. 

Best Answer

@Osiris11.11 A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate that you mentioned you signed up for the free trial using your parents' iPhone. The Fitbit Premium needs to be cancelled in the same store that you purchased it from, in this case it sounds like you used your parents Apple store, therefore it needs to be cancelled from that store. You could cancel it through your Mac or any browser please check this page for more information. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I signed up on my Android phone for the Premium free trial.  I've tried all the different links to cancel the free trial but it does not show up anywhere except on the Fitbit app that I have Premium.  Where do I go to cancel the subscription?

Best Answer

Hi Silvia,

Can you guide me how to cancel Premium after almost 3 months free trial from Fitbit?

can you send to my email:

many thanks,

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner @Dongviet A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. 

If you subscribed through Apple or Google, please make sure that you're logged into the same Apple or Google account that you were when you subscribed to Fitbit Premium, this could be the reason why you're not seeing the subscription on Apple or Google but it's showing on your Fitbit account. 

You may want to follow these instructions in order to cancel your subscription: 

- Apple support page 

- Google Play support page 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
Hi BFehr,

Thanks for your answer. I still confuse when I see in the Fitbit account and inside Apple ID, they all appear subscribed, but they do not have icon for cancel subscribed.

Regards,
Dong
Best Answer

@Dongviet Thank you for getting back. If you don't see Cancel subscription, the subscription is already canceled and won't renew, you could find more instructions in this Apple support page

I'll be around if you have any additional questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Fitbit through their website and checked the box for a FREE 3-month trial of Premium. I tried to cancel it and got the run around like a lot of other posters. I called FitBit and tried to cancel my trial. The woman who helped me said she needed to transfer my info to another department but I did my part and my trial was canceled and I should receive and email. I never received an email and today I received 2 emails saying I've been charged $9.99 for 3 months of Premium. Am I still being charged for Premium? My FitBit app still says Premium on it. Or am I being charged for the supposed "free" trial? Any help would be much appreciated as both my assumptions are very frustrating.

Best Answer

@MCFBramwell Hi there. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I see where your frustration is coming from. Since the subscription was purchased through Fitbit.com, our Support team was the one that was going to help you cancelling it. I've shared your post details with our Support team and someone will contact you as soon as possible. Due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

Have a great week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called FitBit again on the 19th and was told my request was sent to the wrong department and now had been forwarded to the correct department. This time I was given a case number. It's now the 22nd and I've received no communication from FitBit regarding my cancellation. I'm now going through my bank to dispute the charge. This is unacceptable.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MCFBramwell Thank you for getting back. I understand where your frustration is coming from, our team will be contacting you as soon as possible. Due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

Your understanding is truly appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also signed up through Fitbit.com and I have looked everywhere in my account and I can’t find out how to cancel this. Do I have to call someone? Or what is the deal here. Seems really fishy to make it this difficult to cancel. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You have to call customer service if you signed up through FitBit.com. For me, they said they cancelled it but then I was charged. I called again and was told my case number and that my request was sent to the wrong department. A couple more days later I still had no contact from them so I filed a dispute for the charge with my bank. Around 24-hours later I got an email from FitBit saying my Premium was cancelled and then a few days after that I got another email regarding my refund. I have yet to be refunded but I received the refund email today so I think it's a bit too soon.  

So my advice:

1. Call FitBit to cancel

2. If you don't get confirmation within a few days call again

3. File a dispute with your bank right after your second call if they can't confirm your cancellation and immediately send you a cancellation email. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I went to Google Play subscriptions it said I had none. Then what? It was a free trial that came with the purchase of a new device. Have no email that I know of.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What if it came with the purchase of a new device, not from an App store?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find no Fitbit section (step 5). Just a bunch of icons under a heading "Explore top subscriptions". So, now what?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gecko55 Hi there. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I've shared your post with our Support team and they informed me that you've been in contact with them, please continue the communication through email, they'll be happy to assist. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’d like to cancel my premium trial (3 months), which I got from fitbit when I bought my Fitbit from Fitbit website please! I can’t call today since it’s holiday. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Could not do it online through the web page. Had to contact someone in technical support and they were able to assist me.
Best Answer
0 Votes