Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel Fitbit Premium trial?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On a whim, I clicked on the “try Premium for a week free” box that kept popping up in my Fitbit app (this is just Fitbit Premium, not the Coach thing).

I’m now in the free trial period and would like to cancel before being charged. The only instructions I can find re cancelling direct me to apple - but there is nothing showing up in my appleTV settings regarding this subscription (my others are there, but nothing about Fitbit). The free trial is definitely ongoing since my screens/info have changed in the app.

It’s really very aggravating that it’s been made so difficult to cancel. Could someone please direct me to the right place?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
191 REPLIES 191

How do I cancel Fitbit Premium

Best Answer
0 Votes
Great - good luck!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@JoanWR A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

If you purchased your Fitbit Premium subscription from the Fitbit app, please follow these instructions to cancel it: 

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture.

2. Scroll down and tap Manage Subscriptions. Your active subscriptions open in your phone’s app store.
  3. Tap your Fitbit Premium subscription > Cancel Subscription. Note that you won't see this option if you already canceled your subscription.

Also, you could visit the Apple or Google support page to find specific instructions on how to cancel the subscription. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is NOT the best answer. What worked for me was clicking the Billing link in the reminder email about the free trial ending (you may be able to get there online via the website but I don’t think there’s a way in the App itself).

After you create a password for that there will be a small section right under the big heading of Fitbit Premium Membership that says “Plan Details” and it has a button right under it that says “cancel.” Then you have to answer a question and click like two more prompts to make sure you are sure. 

Best Answer

@Holmesicle Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thank you for taking the time to share the steps that you followed to cancel your subscription. 

Anyone who purchased their Fitbit Premium subscription from the Fitbit Store, needs to cancel it following the instructions you mentioned. However if they purchased it from the Fitbit app then follow the instructions on this article

Hope I can continue seeing you around! I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got an email on 9/2 had ended and there was no information on how to cancel. AND my PayPal account had already been charged. I've been looking for a way to contact someone about this. I would like a refund since I have no interest in using it. I can't find any way to contact anyone. PayPal sends me to Google Play, Google Play sends me to Fitbit, and Fitbit does not provide me with any information to contact anyone.

One lesson learned: Never charge anything like this again to PayPal. With my credit card, it's very easy to contact my bank and dispute the charges.

I can see from other posts that I'm not the only one who has had a problem with this. I really should not be this difficult. The "reminder" came *after* my card had been charged and had no information about how to cancel. After all these complaints, Fitbit should realize by now that they are either falling down on the job, which can be easily remedied, or that they are tricking us to pay them when we do not want to, which does not foster good will with customers.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@aliciasv Hey there. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the detailed information shared, sorry to hear that you've had this experience while cancelling your Fitbit Premium subscription. 

Our Support team is unable to cancel your subscription because this needs to be done from the store that you purchased it from. In your case through Google Play, please follow the instructions on this article to cancel your Fitbit Premium. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,
I ordered the free trial from my iphone and after 2 weeks I already cancelled it, because it wasn't what I expected.  I canceled it like mentioned also on my iphone (same device as where I ordered it).
However today I received an email that fitbit will automatically renew my subscription.

When I follow the steps on my Iphone I don't see the option to cancel anymore (because I already did a while ago).
It still doesn't explain why Fitbit send me an email that it will automatically renew.
I my account i'm linked directly trough to itunes..

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tyllie Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate that you mentioned you already cancelled your Fitbit subscription. 

It's pretty weird that you received an email about renewal if it was already cancelled. I would like you to confirm you cancelled it using the same Apple ID that you used when subscribing, you could double check that you followed this procedure to cancel your membership. 

Also check the email and review the renewal date and let me know the information you're getting. (Without attaching a screenshot as this could contain personal information) 

Looking forward to hearing back from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

In my Apple ID it says the subscription ends on september 8th.  If I open it I see 2 options: to choose to pay for 1 month or to pay for 1 year.

I cancelled it more than 2 months ago.

The email I received 2 days ago (from noreply@mail.fitstar.com) sais the following lines:

"We hope your Fitbit Coach Premium subscription is helping you reach your fitness goals! This is a reminder that your subscription is set to auto renew on September 09, 2020. Don’t worry, there is nothing for you to do. We will simply charge your subscription renewal to your payment card on file on that date."

I will see what happens, but I'm very sure I followed all the right steps to cancel...
I'll let you know what happens in the next few days...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Tyllie Thanks for getting back. 

I appreciate that you attached the information that you received on the email. I have taken the liberty to create a case for you, our team will further assist you with this and the email that you received. 

Remember that Fitbit subscriptions are non-refundable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those having issues with canceling and not being able to find your subscription info where you download your app, click here. It is the billing portal and I was FINALLY able to cancel after two months of being charged and getting zero help from Fitbit. https://www.billingportal.com/s/fitbit-usd/login/password 

Best Answer

@Kris10567 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for sharing the instructions that you followed in order to cancel your Fitbit Premium subscription. 

I just wanted to clarify that the link that  you provided should be used if your purchased your subscription through Fitbit.com/store. If you purchased it through the Fitbit app then it needs to be cancelled through Google Play or Apple. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the post, it helped me to cancel the trial.

Best Answer
0 Votes

very helpful link. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I go about canceling my premium? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not remember how I signed up for premium but getting rid of it should not be so darn difficult, it is a joke and Fitbit should be embarrassed. I will tell my credit card company to reverse the charges because the "free trial" is a deliberate trap that is very difficult to get out of, again you should all be embarrassed enough by now to fix this, this is the way third rate internet scammers operate.    

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tjl60 @tg53 A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

Your feedback and comments are appreciated, we're always striving to improve our services offered. If you don't remember where you purchased your Fitbit Premium, first double check your Apple or Google store by following this procedure: 

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab 

> your profile picture.

2. Scroll down and tap Manage Subscriptions. Your active subscriptions open in your phone’s app store.
  3. Tap your Fitbit Premium subscription > Cancel Subscription. Note that you won't see this option if you already canceled your subscription.

Here are the instructions on how to cancel Apple subscriptions and Google Play subscriptions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here.  No welcome email and it's not showing up in either Google Play or my google account.  Even looked on the fitbit website and there is no cancellation option.  I deleted that account and still got billed.  Yep billed for an account that no longer exists.  I have removed my bank details now

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried that,  wasn't given the option to cancel at all,  only choice of which premium level

Best Answer
0 Votes