Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Users Showing as Inactive to Friends

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 10/24/2017: Hi everyone, we made some further updates that have resolved this issue and friends who are currently active should be visible. Thanks for your reports! 

Update 7/13/17: Everyone -- I moved various threads relating to this topic here to keep this discussion organized.

I followed up with our Social team today. They are well aware of the issue and are working closer toward a resolution. At this time, I don't have a specific time-frame for when this will get resolved, but will update all of you when I receive another update. 

Your patience is super appreciated!

---------------------------------

Hey pals! Thanks to everyone who chimed in and reported this. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. Sorry for the inconvenience Robot Sad.

I'll update the thread when I get more info. Appreciate your patience!

Best Answer
84 REPLIES 84

Hi all,

Newcomers to this forum are understandably incredulous about the year of lack of response from Fitbit.

Surely no commercial company in the world (except apparently Fitbit!!) would so ignore any bug which so distresses their users.

All I can suggest is that everyone submits reviews of their product, giving it the number of stars they consider appropriate, and providing a link to this forum. Anyone considering purchasing a fitness monitor can then make an informed decision as to which manufacturer to choose.

The only explanation which makes even remote sense is that the IT team is working on a complete rework of the entire system which would include a fix for this, but are so far behind schedule and under such pressure that they have no time for this. Carlos - can you confirm this to be the case?

Best Answer

Yes I agree. The amount you pay for a Fitbit this should have been fixed by now. 

Best Answer

So another month on, and not only has nothing moved on but having had this thread moved to another location absolutely no response from either Carlos or Fitbit. Have you not been educated that no news to your customers equates to bad news, having moved this thread it seems to have gone on the back burner and forgotten. Please at the very least show some acknowledgement of our posts and try to tell us what is going on.

Best Answer

Does Fitbit actually reply to these issues anymore?

Best Answer

Everyone -- I moved various threads relating to this topic here to keep this discussion organized.

I followed up with our Social team today. They are well aware of the issue and are working closer toward a resolution. At this time, I don't have a specific time-frame for when this will get resolved, but will update all of you when I receive another update. 

Your patience is super appreciated!

Best Answer

I feel considering the cost of the product and the fact that it still isn't working after such a huge length of time (I think you have had plenty of patience) Would you like to send my daughter a new fitbit that does work!  This clearly is not an issue for all users so please can you replace her fitbit with a working one.

Thanks

Amy

Best Answer

I think poor Carlos is the customer service guy who has to respond, without getting any real backup from the engineering team. 

Here is a fix that worked for us, but you will lose all your history to date. Start up an entirely new Fitbit profile under a new email address. It's like something goes wrong when you register your account on a new Fitbit for some users. Something happens that makes you invisible to others even though everything else works. 

As to Fitbit, it is clear that this issue is not anywhere on their priority list as it has been more than a year. They are not planning on doing anything. 

I am going to need to replace my Fitbit soon and I do not want to buy anything else from a company so arrogant and unresponsive to its customers. They seem to think they have got the market wrapped up. I will vote with my feet by walking away from Fitbit. 

Best Answer

Correction: My spouse actually used the same email address but with a completely new user name and profile. No need to use a different address. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How is this possible that the IT team can not fix this problem within 1 year? If you can not do it, send us a replacement!! I already told my family and friends about this problem because they want to add me as a friend, but they can not see me in challenges. They will not buy a fitbit again. Loosing customers because of incompetence ..

Best Answer

I just bought my charge 2 and I came here after seeing that my friends can not see my activity. I can not believe this happened for a year and the Fitbit team does nothing. I feel cheated.

Best Answer

Have you had a fitbit account before you bought this device? my understanding is this issue is one for users/account holders prior to change fitbit made to the dashboard menus

Best Answer

It's pretty ridiculous 

@Cacahuete wrote:

I just bought my charge 2 and I came here after seeing that my friends can not see my activity. I can not believe this happened for a year and the Fitbit team does nothing. I feel cheated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No, this was my first Fitbit (and will be my last!!), bought in Jan 2016. However, when I set up the account I did not share my activity with anyone, but modified the privacy settings later (but had no effect).
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, that ties in with my understanding, an older version of the software with friends settings off when they made the update.

I have to say, if the had to re-write the app from scratch they could have don it faster than this!

Best Answer

Just to add my name to the list of folk that are struggling with this issue. I've a long standing account used with a Fitbit Flex then an Alta and now a Charge 2. Sure somewhere down the line folk were able to see me and whilst i dont remember making any privacy changes folk now cannot see me. 

I've reported the issue back in March and again this week to be told its still being looked at....thought it would have been going on longer than the 4 months i've had it but for it to be going on over a year is ridiculous.

Something needs to be sorted and quick.

Best Answer

Come on. Surely by now there's a solution to this. As everyone keeps saying – one of the biggest motivation factors is the ability to share your activity amongst friends and family.

Please fix this!!

Best Answer

I have had this problem since November 2016. I email every month or so asking for updates and get a lot of patronizing and reassuring responses that it is being worked on, and I have been extremely patient. I was excited to see an update last night and wanted to check if this has finally been fixed.  As my Fitbit Charge 2 band starts to unravel, I may just give up. It's my third Fitbit tracker, and it would be ridiculous to further replace something that hasn't worked for nearly a year.

Last time I wrote I told them that if there will never be a fix to please at least let me know. 

FITBIT, IF YOU'RE NOT THAT INTO ME, AT LEAST BREAK UP WITH ME SO I CAN MOVE ON!

Best Answer

So I have been in touch with Fitbit and spoke to someone who is apparently in the leadership team.  That was about 5 weeks ago and at that time he once again promised that there was a fix in the immediate future.  AND .... no fix.

I don't believe Fitbit will ever fix this, nor will they ever explain it to their users.  They have moved on and are busy with their "smart watch" design.

I returned both my fitbits and am patiently waiting for a refund.

Best Answer

Just adding my name to the endless list of annoyed fitbit users who have been "inactive" for a over a year now, while the fitbit team "actively" work on fixing the issue..

Best Answer

I discovered I was showing as inactive to my friends a few months back. I wear my Fitbit every day and sync regularly and have my privacy set to 'friends'. I have to say I'm disappointed by the lack of a resolution from Fitbit. 

Best Answer