Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Logging Interface changes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/2/18: Thanks for your questions about recent changes to our food logging page. Our team changed the page to the previous version while we address your concerns.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Fitbit update 10/2/18: Thanks for your questions about recent changes to our food logging page. Our team changed the page to the previous version while we address your concerns.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339

I can't log anything in. Looks terrible. Is there a way to revert to the way the site was earlier today (and for like ever before that)? This is unusable!

Best Answer

This new interface for logging food...I get that the idea is probably to make it look more like the Android/iOs app, but it's much less functional than the original version! I prefer not to have to click for a pop-up to actually see what I've entered for each meal. But the biggest issue is that it's no longer possible to enter anything other than whole numbers in the quantity field. I mean - seriously? Do y'all think that people only eat, say, cereal, in whole-cup increments? Forcing whole-number quantities is absolutely ridiculous, and actually makes the functionality WORSE, as now you have to either over- or under-estimate the amount of calories you're eating. Completely unacceptable - please fix!

EDIT - and yeah, I'm also super annoyed that we can no longer view total grams of fat, fiber, carbs, and protein. It's nice to have the little donut visualization of the percentages of macronutrients, but that, as many have noted below, is USELESS for knowing how many grams of each macro you need at your next meal! It's also mystifying why you'd remove the ability to see fiber and sodium intake.

With the much-maligned changes to the sleep interface, I could at least see where Fitbit was coming from, but not here. In this case, you've removed a significant amount of important information, *and* made it impossible to log accurate information going forward. All to make the web interface look more like the phone app - which, by the way, shouldn't even be a goal! People interact with their devices differently than with their desktop or laptop computers. The old interface, as un-pretty as it was, recognized that fact. This new one...sorry to say, it looks like someone just ported over the phone app interface and called it good. Seriously, this needs to be fixed.

One last thing - if there are any folks on this thread who pay for the premium account - is it like this for you as well? 

Best Answer

Agreed! It won't allow fractions at all, and I don't know the actual grams and such. I had to go to my Tablet to log in my lunch today! I never would have started logging food if I'd originally come across this very UNFRIENDLY food diary!

Best Answer

Im seeing the same thing here on my food log today. 

I was looking for a way to revert it to the way it was earlier today.

It does not show nutritional information throughout the day, just overall calories.

Also the new input does not like non-integer numbers why?

This was a solid tool before the update to kinda manage a diet, but now Im not really sure what to do with this?

Best Answer

I hate not being able to use standard measurements like 1/4 cup anymore. 

Moderator edit: word choice 

Best Answer

I primarily use the food logging feature to track my sodium intake.  Now there doesn't appear to be a way to do that.  Fitbit please change it back to the way it was before.

Best Answer

Agreed.  My nutritionist has me limiting some of the macros to manage my health and you removed the gram quantities of macros.  Why would you remove information?  I understand why you would add new information to be more useful, but taking information away?!  Are you trying to force people to leave your platform?  I need this information for health reasons (it's not just a luxury) and is a primary reason I use this platform.  If you don't add it back (or at least let us revert to the previous log structure), I'll have no option but to leave Fitbit.  I require this information in order to manage my health.

Best Answer
I was highly upset to find that the log page on the Fitbit no longer shows totals for carbs and sodium. Both things I’ve been relying on to track my diabetes. This change makes it pointless to use the phone app to track my food any longer. Why would they remove things that we need to track for our health? Calories are the least of my concern at this point.
Best Answer

Cannot agree enough that the new Log interface is hot garbage.

It makes it exceptionally difficult to tell what you've already logged and how you're doing throughout the day.  Instead, the screen gets cluttered up with past days, which I then would have to click on to make sense of, anyway.

To compound that issue, today is the same size and type as all the past other days.  It makes it extremely difficult to tell what is what at a glance.

You have to select different sections to be able to log anything, vs. being able to easily search or select favorites while still seeing your current day at the same time with the old one.  Why on earth would you make it more difficult to navigate logging foods?

Important data is not clearly displayed as before, like ratios of carbs/fats/proteins, taking a back seat to the graph.  It appears the ability to see other data like sodium is just gone.

This update is even worse than the sleep update that happened a while back.

Fitbit, your UX design has very little concept of visual hierarchy.

You really need to look into this.  You are making it difficult for people to navigate and log stuff.  You will lose customers for things like this.

Best Answer

Agree. I never post on these sites and am furious I cannot see my macros. Bad enough I have to revert to Ipad for the information and was not able to see it in the mobile app. Even with Premium, Who at Fitbit doesn’t know people track their food intake for macronutrients? Epic fali. Researching a better platform now. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

If it aint broke don't fix it! The new food log is a nightmare. Please change it back to how it was before you broke it. 

Best Answer

I just tried logging something a few minutes ago and was "updated" to the new layout. Please, PLEASE give us the option to revert to the previous one. I also need to watch my sodium, and I need to keep track of my protein intake, and I no longer see a means to do so now unless I keep track manually or use a different tracker service. The old layout was, in my opinion, perfectly fine. I much prefer having all the info shown to me in one summary on one page.

Best Answer

Oh, to add:

The "Today" button for the graph is non-functional.  Why you would roll this out without that function is beyond me.

Also, I can't see how much water I've had for the day.  It's not there.  The option to add water is there.  The quick buttons are there.  But there's no total.

Best Answer

I couldn't agree more!!!!!!  Actually thought that something was wrong when I just went to enter a food item!!  Honestly Fitbit .  To the point that I'm seriously considering just getting rid of my Fitbit & getting something else from another company who actually cares about their customers.

I measure my food intake in Increments.  And I don't have any kind of Smartphone so I don't give a about whether or not this meshes with them.

Shame on you.  You are definitely losing a Fitbit customer here.  I plan to sell my HR online shortly unless you fix this &/or give people an option as to which interface they want to use.  Gee - can you tell that I'm really pissed about this?

Best Answer

Just discovered new format.....hate it! So I can't eat 1/4 cup of anything anymore!!!! Major SNAFU on the part of Fitbit.

Best Answer

Amen! It was fine when I started my day but I tried to log my afternoon snack and what is this mess? I really really hope this gets sorted quickly because I'm pitching my device in the trash and starting over with something else if it doesn't.

The old screen was no thing of beauty but it was understandable and reasonably easy to use. It took me ten minutes to figure out how to add food. Then the idea of flipping back and forth to try to remember "did I add that already" 

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer

It is outrageously bad.  Not to be able to log fractions makes it useless.  I've been relying on this heavily for several years now, but if it's not possible to restore it to a fuller functioning interface I will find another platform to use.  It's not like there aren't others to choose from. 

Best Answer

Oh yeah, I forgot that in my other rant in this thread - BRING BACK FRACTIONS!!

That was the one surprisingly intuitive and useful thing on the whole page that made me go "I am SO GLAD they have that feature."

Best Answer

Yes, this is ridiculous.   It only allows integers? 

Best Answer