Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Logging Interface changes

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/2/18: Thanks for your questions about recent changes to our food logging page. Our team changed the page to the previous version while we address your concerns.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
339 REPLIES 339

Why screw up a good thing. The updated New Food interface is useless. Looks like I have to go back to paper meal planning. Fitbit revert to the previous version. OhCrude

O,V
Best Answer

I was also on with chat and with customer service about this. Everyone needs to call in and complain

Best Answer

I agree.  This needs to be changed back to way it was.  IF not, I will consider dropping FitBitf for less complicated system.  Why in the world would you change something that is working fine????

@rparrott80 wrote:

I can't log anything in. Looks terrible. Is there a way to revert to the way the site was earlier today (and for like ever before that)? This is unusable!

Best Answer

Please change it back!!!! Theres no way to see any nutrition info!! Lame!! 😞 I dont want to have to use myfitnesspal.

Best Answer

I just got of the phone with customer service...they had no idea that there was even an update.  

Best Answer

Just signed on to log an after dinner snack. Do not like the new log at all. Unable to log my snack, cannot find the item that I indulged in. Please, please, revert back to the old method. Thank you.

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

What is the point? Why did FitBit make another "IMPROVEMENT" that made the user experience worse?

Y'all did this with the mobile app a while ago and many of us went to an older version to keep the user interface that we liked?

@ashwolve is that possible again?

Best Answer
I can’t see my macros in grams anymore!!! I don’t like this
Best Answer

Maybe one of the bright lights that pushed this change on us can explain why they don't think we need to know our fibre and sodium intake? Sodium I kept an eye on but did not obsess about it but Fiber was something I did and I crafted my evening snacks to ensure I was getting what I needed if the other meals didn't contain enough and now that is all missing.....how is this an "improvement"? Right now all I see are Carbs, Fat and protein and there is NO WAY to see accumulated Fiber or Sodium, I click on "More" with the hope there was more info but all I get is the same Counting Macros article that I can read by clicking on "Learn".

I cannot begin to politely express how completely unhappy I am with this ill thought out change

Best Answer

Well, I was surprised when a whole new interface popped up. I fumble-fingered through this and I think I figured out how to log foods. But what happened to selecting a food as a "favorite"? And where are the "meals" now? I have not figured out those yet. And I also don't use the phone for this at all. Just my computer. So I don't care what the phone interface looks like. I liked the old interface better because I was comfortable with it. Any way to revert back to the original interface??? Just asking. 

Best Answer

I'm sure a lot of work went into thus update but I rarely updated my food on the Android interface as it was to difficult compared to the website interface..  One of the reasons I'm on my third Fitbit is that I liked the ease of use of the website. Now that this is gone, I will start to look at other devices once my current Fitbit stops working.  For now,  I'm off to find better food tracking software.

Best Answer

So it's not just me. This new format is going to take some getting used to. I guess Fitbit is like Facebook. Can't leave a good thing alone before they muck it up.

Best Answer

Totally agree with everyone!  This new food log is terrible!  I'll be looking elsewhere!  My macros are too important to be messed up!

Best Answer
This new food log is just like the app and it is not user friendly. Please reconsider the update. and go back to the original screen. Why was it changed? My samsung phone app is easier to use.
Best Answer

I vote for changing it back...this new "update" is terrible.  For months I've been logging my food on the iphone app and coming to the website to see my actual grams of carbs and fibre.  Now I can't even do that?  I don't want to go through the hassle of finding yet another tracking program - please either change back to the old format or give us the macros in grams so we can track for ourselves. 

Best Answer

I completely agree with everyone.  It is TERRIBLE.  I can't see my macros by grams anymore.  I don't care to view it as a percentage!! And you also cannot click on the food itself to see the nutritional information for that portion.  Whoever designed this, and approved it, should be fired!!  I am officially making the switch to use My FitnessPal.  This is awful!

Best Answer

Meals you have set up can be found under " Custom".... food on the left, meals on the right

Image2.png

but losing the Fibre and Sodium intake that was right there easy to see in the old system is gone replaced by a dumbed down interface that is " more colourful ".......and useless

Best Answer

Doesn't that just figure! I thought customer service was supposed to help!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Ugh really hating this set up.  I agree not being able to use cups and fractions is a pain in the butt!  And why did you take away the break down of the macros, % does nothing for me.  I'm a carb cycler and my numbers NEVER match up to Fitbits unless I'm on a low day.  So now I have to log into my ETP group and then see where I'm at and try to adjust from there.  So not user friendly!  I hope they change back if not MFP here I come!

Best Answer

Thanks, man, I appreciate it. I just didn't play around with it long enough I guess. 

Best Answer