Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Daylight Saving Time: Sunday, March 10, 2019

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update: Thanks everyone for your patience and understanding with issues related to Daylight Saving Time changes. If you are still seeing unexpected behavior on your device, please perform a manual sync by following these steps. Once your device has synced, you should see everything working properly again.

If this doesn't help, we'd expect the next midnight rollover tonight to help get things back to normal. We apologize for the inconvenience, and are ensuring that the concerns in this thread are heard by the larger team. 

Daylight Saving Time will take place in North America (and some of Central America) this Sunday morning. Some features on your Fitbit device may be affected. These issues should be resolved by syncing after the time change. If you continue to have trouble with any of the following features, please proceed with the troubleshooting steps below:

Sleep logs may be off by an hour and graphs may show incorrect data
- Try editing your sleep log to reflect the correct amount of sleep by following the steps here.

Hourly Activity Goals and Reminders To Move may change to a different timeframe
- We recommend switching Reminders To Move to “off” so that you aren’t receiving these reminders until the issue is sorted. You can re-enable the feature the next day.

Device time may be off by one hour
- Restart your phone to make sure the time is correct there first, and then manually sync your device.

Silent alarms may be off by one hour
- We recommend setting a backup alarm on your phone or clock if you need to be woken up on Sunday morning. Your device's alarms should be accurate as soon as your the time updates by syncing with an phone/computer that shows the correct time.

We recommend turning on All Day Sync so that your device has the best chance of being up to date on Sunday. Once your device has synced and updated to the new time, you should be all set. If you've tried the above troubleshoots and still have difficulty, rest assured that these issues should resolve themselves the next day. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Answer
183 REPLIES 183

My Charge 3 updated the time with the change.  Screen won't swipe to anything.  Screen shows time only.  I tried to turn it off and restart it - but no success.  I have only had this since Christmas.....   Not the most tech savvy person I know and instructions seem easy but still having issues.  DO I leave it charging?  Turn it off again?  Resync?  ( It did sync this morning.)

Best Answer

I couldn't agree more and when trying to chat with CS they were so not helpful.  I shouldn't have to change my goal times when the dumb clocks change.  If I want reminders from 9AM to 6PM everyday before DST change why would I want to be reminded 10AM to 7PM afterwards.  And now I can't update because every time I try to change it, it doesn't "stick".

Best Answer

My sleep target bedtime and wake up time changed and won’t change back. I’ve tried changing it and restarting the app, but I keeps making it an hour later. 

Best Answer

There is nothing correct on my fitbit this morning after the daylight savings time change. Steps, floors, miles, calories, minutes - all incorrect. The only thing that is correct is the time of day. It also says there is a heartbeat when it isn't even on my wrist! How do I fix this?

Best Answer

Arizona doesn't have daylight savings time. My Fitbit has the right time now, after syncing with my phone, but my alarm went off an hour early because it changed the time on its own despite being set to Arizona time. Not a problem at the moment, but please fix this bug before DST ends (or begins, whatever) so my alarm doesn't go off an hour late next time.  Thanks

Best Answer

it worked!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My alta HR has been syncing; my phone is at the correct time. I have manually synced several times but still can't reset the fitbit time to Daylite Savings. Not impressed!

Anyone got an actual solution?????

Best Answer

I am still having issues with several things on my Fitbit since daylight savings time change. It changed my sleep goals, active goals, and it’s time is calculating wrong.  Will this eventually fix itself?  I have tried everything I could thnnkg of.  Any advice would be great.

Best Answer

Looks like I have it figured out. Thanks anyway

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried doing a cold boot to your phone? Worked for my time issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

All the information on my Fitbit Versa is in accurate after Daylight Savings change.  Looks like it picked up where yesterday left off.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After trying all the steps mentioned my time is still not correct. IMO I don't think waiting a day should be acceptable for a device where one of the primary functions is to display the time. 

Best Answer

The icons on the bottom of the dashboard only show information for today no matter what day I go to.  I have turned my phone on and off as well as logged in and out of app. Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening or more importantly how to fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I live in Arizona so we do not change times however my device changed times eventhough my phone is showing the correct time. I have tried rebooting and manually syncing nothing is switching the time back. Any advice? 

Best Answer

What is a cold boot?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I have tried a few times and it is till an hour off.Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 5G Evolution smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing here. Sigh 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with the posters who have said this is ridiculous, because it is.  Daylight savings is an issue twice every year, so just figure it out NOW. My time synced fine, but the hours it says that I was in bed are wrong but the time isn't, and my reminders to move have changed.  Come on!  Even more curious, I logged onto my Dashboard and it had me *repeating* the hour from 3-4, which is crazy.  We skip an hour in the spring.  Great job, Fitbit team (read the sarcasm there).

Best Answer

I live in Arizona too and had the same problem. There is a solution of sorts.

By default under “Advanced Settings” it appears the Fitbit is set to use “Automatic time zone” (use network time). One would assume that when daylight savings time kicks in the firmware would say, hey I’m in Arizona so I won’t change the time, however there appears to be a “bug” in the firmware on this because the time did change. When my C3 synced to my phone it was good again.

There is an option to turn off “Automatic time zone” and when you do that you can set it to use “(GMT-07:00) Arizona”. Will that work the next time? I guess I’ll find out.

The “Automatic time zone” feature is continent when you’re traveling between time zones so your watch will re-sync the time via your phone time.

It would be nice if they could fix the bug in the firmware so it doesn’t always automatically adjust the leap hour when you have it set to “automatic time zone” and the C3 isn’t in communication with your phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Liz314159 wrote:

We skip an hour in the spring.  Great job, Fitbit team (read the sarcasm there).

In the Spring we skip the hour between 2:00am and 3:00am, and then in the fall we re-live the hour between 2:00am and 3:00am (so we have to do the same thing twice!).  /sarcasm off

Best Answer