Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved: Fitbit app and dashboard currently experiencing issues 3/3/21

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

3/3/21 Update: This issue is now resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience. 

3/3/21 Update: some features may be back, but we continue to review this issue. Thanks again for your patience and reports. 

Hello everyone!

Our team has identified a technical issue interrupting Fitbit services and are working to fix it. Any updates will be posted in this thread so keep an eye on it. 

Thank you for your patience while this is resolved.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
98 REPLIES 98

Same with me, wondered if app cache has grown too large cleared cache as well. Now not even able to login to fitbit app, getting error "Fitbit.com is unavailable".

Seems there is a fitbit outage

Best Answer

I am getting the same message. I suspect the latest update is to blame. I had problems yesterday accessing the website. I got in later in the evening. Today, my FitBit app on my Android phone stopped working. I finally uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version. Now I can't log in...getting the same message you describe. Sure wish a FitBit moderator would make an announcement. This is frustrating! 

Best Answer

Same issue. Samsung Galaxy S7, Fitbit Charge 4. It started when my Charge wouldn't sync this morning. 

I have:

• Turned Bluetooth off then on again.
  • Removed Charge 4 from saved devices on Bluetooth.
  • Restarted phone.
  • Restarted Fitbit.
  • Deleted cache from Fitbit app.
  • Deleted Fitbit App, and redownloaded.
  • Tried connecting using mobile data and WiFi separately.

But after redownloading, I can no longer log in. I get the "Fitbit.com is unavailable. Please try again later." error.

I've only had this thing for a week. Might have to return it, because it's useless like this.

Best Answer

Fitbit have confirmed they are experiencing issues with there servers, so they are aware of the issue and are looking to resolve it soon. Fingers crossed it won't be down for too long so we can all get syncing and logging things again!

Best Answer

I'm unable to sync my HR. I've tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions and nothing is working. Live chat is unavailable and calls are not going through to support. Is something going on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue on both mine and my wife's devices.  Cannot sync this morning. Tried re-adding my device to my account and am gettingna 502 bad gateway error.  Fitbit please fix your site.

Tom
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue!!  Uninstalled, reinstalled, and now I cannot log into the app.

In fact, it took me 4 attempts just to log in here!!  With the same password I have always used for Fitbit!

Best Answer

I’m hoping that’s what it is. My Fitbit won’t sync and now I can’t log in to the app at all, it just says “Something went wrong. Try again later”. A message on the website would be useful if they are having problems!

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer

Update: Seems the servers are having issues. I get the same error trying to log into the site and there are multiple posts about it now in the help forums so I will just wait until the servers are fixed, that is probably it. 

Best Answer

Same here. I've been having the issue for a few hours at this point.

Best Answer

Same here.  Stopped syncing 11.20. Really annoying as I use the app for my food and exercise tracking etc. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Charge 3 and have never had a problem with it syncing until this morning. I tried syncing it multiple times. I finally got it to sync by repeatedly syncing (prior to that I tried rebooting the Charge 3, turning off bluetooth then reconnecting, turning my iPhone off multiple times). Sometimes it will say "Couldn't sync your charge 3" and then sometimes it will say "it's taking longer to sync....". The fitbit website to get to my dashboard is slow as well. It's like my steps sync but the battery level and stuff on the app still say it's at 74% but the device is actually at 93%.

I think it's the app/fitbit website that's having the issues being that it took almost 2 minutes for the fitbit dashboard via web to load and I'm at work so my internet is fantastic.

Also I just clicked the "fix it" it gives me at the top whenever it says it can't sync. It took me to the login page to put my login info in and then is saying "server error". Thus furthering my suspicion that the fitbit sites/app are having issues right now.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Best Answer

Yep. Same thing for me. They're having some issues I guess. 

For mine it has no problem updating my steps on my app on my iPhone but it won't sync to the server--logged into the online dashboard via web and it hasn't updated my steps or anything but phone app shows them correctly. It just won't sync to the server. Tried to do the "fix it" and it takes me to the live chat but when I try to log in to go any further with the live chat to report the issue, it says "server error". Think your Fitbit servers are experiencing some issues.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to sync my Fitbit this morning and it continuously gave me the warning: "Oops, something went wrong. Please try again." I deleted the app and tried to download it again and it keeps doing it, only now it is doing it from the sign in page. Halp

Best Answer

My FitBit wouldn't sync to my app so i followed all the steps and shut off the Bluetooth and reconnected it. It still didn't work so I disconnected the device and connected again. Still didn't work so i deleted the app and reinstalled it but now i can't log into the app.

Best Answer

getting tired of fitbit!!  It may be time to move to another platform.  Have had more problems since Google bought fitbit. 

Best Answer

Also tired of not having any personal access.  no phone numbers, etc.  if can't sign in to your account, you can't access the chat! 

Best Answer

I started having these problems last night.  Reloaded app on phone and that did nothing.  Can't log in to dashboard in Windows.  Not working anywhere.

Best Answer

They finally posted a notice that they are aware and working on a fix. 

Best Answer

I've noticed the banner at the top that they're having technical issues, probably explains it.  Mine was sync'ing fine this morning but not now.  I'm sure it will be fixed soon enough 🙂 

Best Answer