Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 sometimes doesn't respond to double tap

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Does anyone find this that sometimes it takes multiple attempts to double tap and see the lights for steps.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's great to see you around the Community @PhilBitSmiley Very Happy I haven't had this issue so far, but I'd suggest restarting your Flex 2 by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Remove the pebble from the wristband and press it into the compartment on the charging cable. The pins on the charging cable must align with the corresponding pins on the back of the pebble to lock securely in place.
    User-added image

You’ll know the connection is secure when the pebble vibrates and you see the indicator lights blinking.

3. Find the button on the charging cable below the tracker compartment.
  4. Press it three times within five seconds. The tracker vibrates each time you press the button. A few seconds after the third press, all the lights will flash simultaneously. This means the pebble has restarted. If you miss the light flash but notice the pebble has resumed charging, that too is confirmation that the restart was successful.
  5. Remove the pebble from the charging cable and insert it back into the wristband.

User-added image

Test it this time and see if it gets better! Woman Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

It's great to see you around the Community @PhilBitSmiley Very Happy I haven't had this issue so far, but I'd suggest restarting your Flex 2 by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Remove the pebble from the wristband and press it into the compartment on the charging cable. The pins on the charging cable must align with the corresponding pins on the back of the pebble to lock securely in place.
    User-added image

You’ll know the connection is secure when the pebble vibrates and you see the indicator lights blinking.

3. Find the button on the charging cable below the tracker compartment.
  4. Press it three times within five seconds. The tracker vibrates each time you press the button. A few seconds after the third press, all the lights will flash simultaneously. This means the pebble has restarted. If you miss the light flash but notice the pebble has resumed charging, that too is confirmation that the restart was successful.
  5. Remove the pebble from the charging cable and insert it back into the wristband.

User-added image

Test it this time and see if it gets better! Woman Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

When I tap twice, my lights do not turn on. Have been using the flex 2 for 4 days. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Panto Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I moved your post to the Flex 2 Board as you will find more answers to your inquiry here.

I recommend performing a restart on your Flex 2. Follow the instructions on the post above and the issue should be fixed!

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Thank you so much for this recommendation!!  Panto

Best Answer

Hey, @Panto! It is nice to have you here. We are glad to hear that you are back on track. Heart

I hope to see you around, make sure to check out our Discussion boards and share some more with us! Robot LOL

Solange | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

The position of the mebble is critical. One must allign the pins with the corresponding pads. Note that it does matter which way you insert the pebble. If it isn't responding, rotate the pebble 180 degrees and insert it into the band while still attempting to match pins to pads.

Best Answer

Hey, @jnagcatHeart It is nice to have you in the Forums! Thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge with us. It is very helpful and that's what this Community is all about! 

I'll be around. Cat Very Happy

Best Answer

THANK YOU.  I had one of my biggest workout days and was disheartened when I found it didn't log anything.  I thought my new Flex 2 was dead.

This fixed it right up!

Best Answer

Hey, @schmelMan Happy Thanks for being here. I'm so glad to hear that you are back on track now, thanks for letting us know. 

I hope you have a nice weekend! Heart

Best Answer

My fitbit has stopped today, no lights on, no sleep sync but my steps are being recorded. Lost about 10k steps yesterday 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @PANDAS66! Thanks for joining us! Hmm..so no lights on the display and it is not syncing either? 

Please try to restart it a few times in a row and then try to sync. 

Keep me updated! 

Best Answer

I did everything you said, I restart application, the flex 2 don’t vibrate no matter what I do....I think it’s broken from factory...when is charging and I reset it...don’t vibrate nothing no matter what I do....I just bought it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sounds like you are not getting any power to the device- are you sure you
have the black pod/battery in the right way: on one side of the pod are 3
small, circular metal disks which are the contact points for the charger.
Those 3 disks must contact the 3 little pins you will note inside the
charger unit. When the pod is charged and inserted into the wrist band those
same 3 disks now should face out and touch the skin. If you are doing all
those things, I don't know what else to suggest.

Note that I gave up using my device after trying to stay with
it for 6 months. It needs frequent charging and you cannot get the
battery/pod unit wet at all even from sweat on your skin. In the end I did
not think that it did very much but required one to put in a lot of info in
order to get the feedback it offers in its reports. Good Luck.
Best Answer
The bracelet is working properly....the problem is that is not vibrate no
matter what, it’s not from the program it’s not from the charger. I’m 100%
sure it’s from factory.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Djscritch if you have restarted your trackernat leastvthree times and it still doesnt vibrate you will need to contact Support. The vibration motor is probably faulty. Support link in my signature.

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Yes, I did everything.
Best Answer
0 Votes

my fitbit flex 2 does not vibrate at all and i’ve tried everything everyone has said but it still isn’t working do you suggest that i go into the shop to exchange or is there something else i can do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best go to the shop. I quit my Fitbit because I got tired of it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same problem, I bought it like this from amazon brand new....unfortunately the motor that vibrates it’s broke from factory....I need to send it back to change it with new one....u can’t do nothing except send it back.

Best Answer
0 Votes