Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not counting steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit flex 2 is not counting my steps. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
70 REPLIES 70

PS: My Virgin Pulse app shows 12,316 steps for the same date.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My steps stopped counting today sadly and did not measure my sleep last night. 😒

Best Answer

Try restarting your tracker at least three times. Let us know if that fixes it.

Restart your Tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

i'm having issues with seeing steps for past 2 weeks it shows me calories but no steps.

i turned off my phone and back on still nada= what to do?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Fixed! Went to connecting phone to fit bit again, that did it. 😃

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone! Thanks for sharing your experiences!

In this case I'd say that we try to go with what @Karship mentioned. It won't retroactively resolve the situation but it very well might correct the situation in the future. If you're using the app please go into the account tab and then select 'Setup A New Device' and follow the instructions to setup your Fitbit again.

If you are using a computer with the Fitbit Connect software, open the software and select 'Setup A New Device' and also follow the instructions. For good measure I would also encourage you all to follow @NellyG suggestion to restart the tracker several times. 

Hope this helps out. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

@LanuzaFitbit - I am having the same problem. Have worn this Fitbit Flex 2 with no tracking errors since June. However, in past 48 hours, synch says "successful", shows Flex2 connected to my iPhone, and battery is fully charged but STEPS are not being counted. I noticed this first while on My Fitness Pal; my Flex2 step count is supposed to show up there as well (and has been fine, no tracking errors for past three months). Flex2 software is up to date; last update was Thurs. of last week. It is not tracking my sleep either (stopped same time step tracking stopped). Very frustrating; any help you can provide will be appreciated.

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue: has worked great in the past six months, synchs, fully charged, successfully connected to iPhone - but has not been tracking for past 72 hours. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will give the iPhone restart a try - thanks for posting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Fitbit a few months ago and now it randomly dies all the time it doesn't stay charged for more than 20 30 minutes at a time no damage done to it so what do I do

Best Answer
0 Votes
Can't help..My fitbit has quit 3x since purchase in Aug.Not currently wearing.Maybe after a rest it will work.Sure is frustrating.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @Vibrant17 and @Coree. Hello @Mommabare.

@Vibrant17 Has the issue persisted?

@Coree When did this start happening? How long does it take to recharge your Fitbit? 

@Mommabare, Could you please go a bit more in depth as to what is exactly going on? How does it quit? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? If so, what have you tried?

Look forward to your replies.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
My flex 2 has continued to require reconnecting almost daily For the past several weeks. I would like to resolve this problem

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Karship

When you say 'requiring reconnecting daily' could you be a bit more specific as to what you mean? Is it recharging or running the setup process everyday? Knowing that will help me find the best way to move forward.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Running the set up process everyday

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Karship  Goodness, that must drive you crazy!

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

fitbit flex fully charged, recording calories and sleep but NO steps. got it less than a week ago. What is the problem???

Best Answer
0 Votes

@1862  When you double tap the tracker do you get the lits telling you where you are in your step goal? (One, two three or four lights?) If not, try restarting your tracker several times. Hopefully that will get it counting. 

If the problem is the step count is not being synced across to your app, again restart several times, and also uninstall the app, reinstall it and log back in.

Let us know how you go

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for coming in to help @NellyG! Welcome to the Forums @1862. Hello @Karship.

@Karship What device are you syncing your Flex 2 to? Is it a phone or a computer? Have you setup notifications on your Flex 2?

@1862 Please do follow @NellyG suggestion and keep us posted on how it went.

Look forward to your reply.

Best Answer
0 Votes
iPhone and yes I am set up

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes