Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 won't restart, charge or sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All

Interested to see whether anyone has had the following problems and have a solution - besides throwing out the device?

I've tried various restarts, tips and tricks to restart, recharge and sync my fitbit - I've used it for approximately 6 months.

All lights are constantly flashing and there is no response when restarting - change in lights or vibration.

cheers, CahillM

Best Answer
52 REPLIES 52

@Cahillm Welcome! It's good that the community is growing! 

Let me help you with your Flex 2 not working properly and thank you for troubleshooting this issue. To charge your device please follow these instructions. After this retry the restart. Finally try these suggestions to help your device sync.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
I’ve already tried each of these with no positive outcome
Tks though
Michelle

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.  I charged mine fully and left it at home before we travelled approximately 3 weeks ago, and, on my return, I have the same problem as you.  I have tried all the troubleshooting - to no avail.  I have also called Fitbit and they have not been able to help me.  I would like to reset it to factory settings, but do not know how.  Anyone know?  I have bought a new one, but want to try again before I open the new package.  Can anyone help?  Thank you.

Me too.  I'm pleased to see that I am not the only one with this problem.

Can someone from Fitbit please inform me how to do a factory reset?

I have already forgotten this device in my Bluetooth settings.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped syncing at 9:00pm last night.  I don't have My Fitness Pal.  Does anyone know what's happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started doing the same thing today.  ???  The rep says its dead.  Its only about 2 years old.  I think maybe they do that on purpose.

Best Answer

@AngelaCB @Rigganae @LuvtheONE Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here!

Let me help you with your Flex 2 not working. 

@AngelaCB there isn't a factory reset for the Flex 2. Please reach out to Support again and let them know that the issue persist.

@Rigganae what stopped working? Could you add more information about this issue? What specifically happened to your device?

@LuvtheONE did Support team offered any options. Support does follow the guidelines listed in the warranty so if your device is outside the warranty period they won't be able to replace it. Still thank you for sharing your feedback.

@Cahillm thank you for following my suggestions. I noticed that you already have a ticket with Support so please work with them to find a solution.

Keep me posted.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I gave up, and am now using a new Fibit Flex 2.

I gave up, and am now using a new Fitbit Flex 2 that I bought locally. 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

A couple of us have been having a similar issue in another thread. Flex 2 isn’t syncing, not tracking, not charging, not vibrating, and, for me, not lighting up at all. I have tried to reboot multiple times while plugged in and nothing happens. I’ve also cleaned the contacts of both the charger and the pebble and nothing has changed. 

Best Answer

I believe that it cannot be a coincidence that so many of us are having similar problems right out of the blue, but I have tried everything possible to fix it - to no avail - so I took the easy way out.  I discarded it and bought a new one. For the record my original and very old Flex still works perfectly. I bought a new Flex 2 because I prefer the thinner band, that I can wear it in the shower, and that I can still continue to wear my very expensive gold bangle accessory!

Best Answer

I agreee. It seems very unlikely that so many of us start having the same issues at the same time. But I’m going to be doing the same thing and tossing the old one and getting a new flex 2. My girlfriend had to do the same a few months back. Just after hers got over 2 years old...which is about the same length that I’ve had mine as well

Best Answer

I was able to do the factory reset.

--
Anna 

Moderator edit: Removed personal information 

Best Answer

I'm having the same trouble with my nearly 2 year old Flex 2.

First it wouldn't sync with MyFitnessPal, but I got that sorted last week. Now this week it won't charge, reset, or respond to anything. It's now a tiny black useless brick.  

Odd that SO MANY of us are experiencing this. Planned obsolescence, methinks?

Best Answer

I’m having a similar issue - one continuous red light and one white light.  App says the Fitbit is charged, but it’s not tracking even thought it will sync.  The reset - press 3 times isn’t doing anything.  Tried the other suggestions I found in this forum and no luck. Any ideas or is it dead?

Best Answer
0 Votes

So Fitbit has "thoroughly investigated" my issue and had no suggestion or solution, just a 25% off coupon to buy another Fitbit. 

Sadly, they don't make the Flex 2 anymore. I could buy one from an authorized retailer, but the coupon is only good at fitbit.com. I don't want a sport watch, I already wear a watch. I think I'll be looking at another company's products. It really seems like the Flex 2 trackers are all set to expire right around now so we'll spend some more money. That's too bad, because I think a lot of us who bought the Flex 2 won't want or need the fancier models currently being sold. 

Bye bye, Fitbit. 

Best Answer

My feelings are exactly the same as yours, except that I did buy another Flex 2.

Best Answer

Someone in this thread was able to factory reset.  Nevertheless I have discarded mine and am now using a new one I bought here in South Africa.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys! I'm here to continue providing assistance with your Flex 2 devices, my apologies for the delay in responding each of your posts. Welcome aboard @ValerieMC and @scottv31. It's nice to see @AngelaCB @Drewcas and @Rigganae participating in the Community Forums!

@AngelaCB I appreciate your posts and the update that was given, I'm happy to know that you have a new Flex 2 device but sorry to see that you feel in such way. Feel free to contact me back if you have any additional questions or need anything else, I'll be here.

@Drewcas Thanks for troubleshooting your device prior posting, your effort and patience are appreciated. Let me share with you that I've created a ticket for you to receive further assistance directly with our Customer Support team. That said, please keep an eye to your email, they'll be in touch with you soon but in the meantime they contact you, don't hesitate to ask me any additional questions you may have. Thanks for your feedback.

@Rigganae Please take in consideration that we do not have a factory reset for our Flex 2 model, maybe you restarted your device? Contact me back if you nee further assistance. 

@ValerieMC I'm sorry to see that you feel in such way with the information and assistance that was provided by our Customer Support team, I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you. For a better understanding of their conclusion, please review our warranty policies here. Note that we are always striving to improve our products and services, therefore, the feedback that was provided in your post is greatly appreciated. I suggest you to contact them back if you want more details about their reply. 

@scottv31 Seems odd that your Flex is showing a continuous red light along with one white light, this is not a light pattern that is specified on: What do the light patterns mean on my Flex or Flex 2?, thanks for the troubleshooting steps that were tried before posting and for your time digging a resolution here in the forums. I'd like to let you know that a ticket was created for you too, our Support team will contact you soon to provide you with further assistance and get you back on track. Please check your email inbox periodically. 

See you around, let me know if you have any additional questions and I'll gladly answer them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here, all of a sudden my fitbit flex 2 has stopped working, eventhough it states its fully charged on my fitbit app.  Too coinincidental that all of a sudden flex 2 has stopped functioning and it has been discontinued.  Smiley Frustrated

This happened to my fitbit one in April and they no longer make them aswell.  I just want a fitbit device that last longer than two years!!Smiley Mad

Best Answer
0 Votes

A few nights ago my Fitbit flex 2 wasn’t vibrating for texts and wasn’t responding to taps. I assumed it was dead and went to charge it, it responded to the charger with one white light and one red light. After an hour I went to use it and it still wasn’t working. I tried plugging it back into the charger to reset it but it doesn’t even light up anymore or vibrate when plugged in. I’ve cleaned the pebble and  the charger, as well as switched USB ports and outlets. Nothing is working. My flex 2 is only about 2 years old and I don’t know what else to do. 

Best Answer
0 Votes