Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Flex 2 is losing steps after I sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

For the past couple of days my Flex 2 has removed steps.  I reach 10,000 steps, get the buzz and little celebration etc and next time I sync I am down sometimes up to 3,000 steps.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
80 REPLIES 80

Ths happened to me this evening.  I've noticed when I open the app, it syncs but it's not counting steps.  This is a replacement tracker so I'm wondering if something is wrong with it.  The first one, the dispay completely died.

Best Answer

That sounds really weird. Try restarting and if that doesnt change anything customer service I guess. Oh you could try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it too (you wont lose data). That fixedna glitch I had.

Restarting proceedure- put pebble in the charger and switch itnon. Press the littlembutton on the back of the charger 3 times within 5 seconds. It will vibrate each press. Then flash lights, then go back to the white charging lights and its done.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

@Lovidebb @picasso66 Thanks for joining us! Are you using only one tracker or do you have multiple trackers in your account? If this is the case then make sure you sync all your trackers and then chose which one you are going to wear for the day or the activity you want to perform, this way you will avoid having steps reduce on your account. Also have you logged any type of activities on your account? 

You can also restart your tracker following @NellyG instructions.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 🙂  I had been logging my treadmill activity because it wasn't automatically logging my exercise.  Now sometime days it does, sometimes it doesn't.  It can be frustrating!  lol  Trial and error.

Best Answer

Thanks Nelly 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

It can be very frustrating some days!  lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is very strange it recognises it some days and not others! Do you do anything different on those days? Weird!

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you mean uninstall the app from the phone? Or remove the tracker from the account? This just happened to me this morning, lost 3000 steps. I did sync all of my Fitbit devices before I left this morning. 

Best Answer

Uninstall the app from the phone. If you want to go the path of setting up your tracker as a new device, it is much safer to not delete it first and just set it up as if it was new and when it asked you do you want to replace the existing tracker say yes. 

Community Council Member

Best Answer

@Maripilar Welcome! It's great to see you around! Sorry for the delay in my reply. Did uninstalling the app like @NellyG suggested helped you? As I mentioned before having two devices or manually logging an activity may affect your steps on your account but I wanted to know if this worked for you.

I look forward to your reply!

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

The steps were never recovered. So it did not work. The Fitbit app should allow users to switch easily between myltiple devices. 

Best Answer

Same happened to me on Wednesday... My fitbit buzzed twice to say I'd hit my 10k steps. On the app it showed over 10k Briefly then reduced itself to about 8k.

This also happened on Friday. I had the second light flashing (on over 2.5k) I'd been very busy that morning, it showed briefly over 4k then dropped down to 200 odd steps.

I also have the charge 2 and never had any problems before last week. I never wear them both at the same time and always sync before I swap them over and check the data has transferred. I've had the flex 2 since March but last week has been the start of me losing steps.

I've emailed fitbit for further advice, so far all I've got back is don't wear them at the same time (which I'm not!)

Best Answer

It is incredibly frustrating to get such a ridiculous response from Fitbit. I deleted the Flex 2 from my app, and it is sitting uncharged. I'm debating whether or not to use it. It seems to happen when I switch from the Flex 2 to the Charge 2. I also have a Fitbit One, which I have never had an issue with missing steps when I switch back and forth between it and the Charge 2. I've noticed that they no nonger carry the Fitbit One, which is a shame, because it was the most accurate device. The watches count "steps" every time I move my hand in a gesture. Again, Fitbit, if you are going to encourage your users to buy more than one device, you had better have a good way of allowing us to switch between each device. The loss of steps is a failure on your part to create a good user experience, not on the user. Find a way to fix this issue, don't say "well, sorry you didn't do this.." or "you didn't do that." 

Best Answer

I was just debating the same thing! The most recent reply is I'm not to sync them both at the same time. Not sure how I'm meant to swap between the two in that case! So annoying! I feel like theyre guessing the problem. I havent had any trouble with it first 3 months... the problem started last week 

Best Answer

@Maripilar @Alana54 Sorry that this hasn't been the ideal experience for both of you and I do get how upsetting is to reach your goal and then lose steps you already had on your account. As I mentioned the best suggestion I have is that you sync both trackers when swapping them and keep the one you left in safe storage so no movement is detected at all. Please try this to see if it helps.

I'll be around!

Best Answer

I've been doing that since I had the extra one in March. My final message from fitbit was to restart them both as the problem has only recently started despite having it for months. I can't afford to lose my steps at the moment as in a step competition in work so keeping with the charge 2. Ill give it another go when its over and hopefully the restart will sort it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I thought I was clear on the fact that I am not using them at the same time. In the app, there is an "All day sync" option. I sync both devices, then turn off the "all day sync" option in the app for the device I will NOT use. Then I also turn off the "always connected" option. This is not very intuitive, again, it would be best if Fitbit could give us an option that allows us to simply "turn off" the device we do not want to use, with more intuitive verbiage. Even after doing that, steps get lost. So at this time, it seems the best way to combat this, is to sync first thing in the morning, before any device registers any steps. That way all steps are set to zero. Then begin to use the device. I will try this, but when I sync to the app, no matter when, I lose steps. This is not a failure on the user, this is a failure on Fitbit and their development and usability for users with multiple devices. 

Best Answer

I don’t have a second device and just a Fitbit Flex 2 and I had the same thing occur.. I hit my goal , for the buzz and celebration then went to sync it to the app and it Zeroed out. 

After that I did the whole turn the pebble on and off using the button on the charger and even the pebble indicated I didn’t have any steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Alana54 and @Maripilar, I hope you are doin' great! I also use 2 different Fitbit trackers and what I find out, is that I have to put one of them as far as I can, maybe in another room to sync it, and then I so the same with the other one and I don't lose any data or messed up my steps. So if you haven't, please give it a try. 

@Smarti17, welcome aboard! Thanks for trying to restart your Flex 2 to try to solve this out. Beside that, I'd like you to try the following to avoid this from happening again: 

- Log out/log in to your Fitbit account

- Reboot the Bluetooth on your phone 

- Reboot your phone 

- Turn off/on the "all day sync" 

- Restart your Flex 2 again

- Manually sync it

Let me know how it goes, guys! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer