Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not tracking SmartTrack activities and exercise goals

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I did a 2 mile (30min) Leslie Sansone walking video today and my Flex 2 did not recognize the miles or the exercise.  It only registered the steps.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118

My flex 2 is set to auto recognize workouts for more than 10 minutes. My weekly goal is 4 days. It auto recognized my 17 minute walk on Tuesday but didn't recognize my 39 minute walk on Wednesday. It said days 1 of 4 on Tuesday, and still says days 1 of 4 even after the longer Wednesday walk. How do I fix this? Has anyone else had this issue?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer

@LeanneDailey Welcome to the Community! I recommend double checking that your Flex 2 has synced to your Fitbit account. You can see when your tracker last synced to your account by doing the following:

1. Open the Fitbit app.

2. Tap the Flex 2 tracker image on your dashboard.

3. Tap your tracker name to see your last sync time, firmware version, and battery level at the top.

If your active minutes still haven't updated to the correct amount after trying these steps, please let me know! 

Best Answer
It syncs every few minutes when I refresh my screen. The battery was full yesterday and is at medium today. It still shows one of four days of exercise on my weekly goal. (I didn't workout today). It should show 2 of 4 days.

Thanks for your time,
Dr. Leanne G. Dailey
Best Answer
I went on a 40+ min walk with my dog. Flex 2 captures the steps and active minutes but was unable to recognize "walk" exercise. Anything I can do to get the Smart track feature to work?
Best Answer

@Yuliya Welcome to the Community! Sometimes it can take a couple minutes for a SmartTrack activity to sync to your Fitbit account. With this in mind, could you tap on the exercise tile on your dashboard to double check that this activity is still not being recognized? I look forward to hearing from you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

My excercises are not being synched into the daily / weekly exercises. The dashboard shows the correct data both in terms of steps/minutes but nothing is going into the daily/weekly exercise log and I am not getting credit for that.

It all worked fine the 1st week but come week 2, the tracking just stopped. I tried turning auto-tracking off and on but it didn’t help so now the only way for me to get credit is if track every excercise myself or add it manually.

Any insight as to how to fix this would be great !! 

Thanks,
S.
Best Answer

Exact same situation for me. It's now been almost a day and my walk still hasn't been recognized even though I received the active minutes/steps/etc. I am starting to doubt it will. This problem only started for me on week 2.

Best Answer

I have just the opposite problem.  Smart Track worked just fine in recognizing a 26 minute bike ride yesterday, but didn't recognize it or credit it as active minutes.

Best Answer
Same issue for me. Walk last night counted for active minutes but a "walk" activity was not recorded.
Tina in Quakertown
Fitbit One User
Best Answer

It's nice to see you around the Community @sike1984, hope you're doing great! I thing I'm not follow, so I'd appreciate if you could send me screen shots showing where you're looking at? 

Have you checked your Fitbit.com Dashboard online to see if your data is appearing there? Have you changed something on your settings? Would you give more details about what you're referring to? Is your SmartTrack? 

I'll be around my friend! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

This happened to me as well - I turned off my Bluetooth and logged 10 min Weights and 30 min Bike. I tried adding Spinning, even with Bluetooth off, and it still wouldn't log it so I just gave up and logged it as Bike. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for stopping by @jettybean! I have replied you here about something similar of what you posted in this thread. Let me know if that helps!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. App shows active mins but does not recognize activity. On first day it recognized Outdoor bike (when I was riding motorcycle) and walk. In last 5 days, it never recognized walking activity. Yesterday I ran on tredmill for 25 mins. Smarttrack did not recognize that. It, however recognized 15 mins on cross trainer.  I don't really understand why smart tracker is not recognizing Walk and Run. These are the 2 common activities i do. I am seriously considering returning this product. very disappointed.

Best Answer

@QueenBFE Thanks for stopping by! Since the routine includes different type of movements your tracker may not be able to pinpoint what you are exactly doing. Also your tracker can't detect the Leslie Sansone walking video so your best bet is to manually log these activities so you have a better calorie calculation by following @Mcore instructions.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Hello FitBit Team,

Please suggest what to do with the tracker that is not tracking Swimming/Running and Walking (90%) times and over couting steps when I am driving. I see many users complaining about the same issue. It can't be the issue with my piece only. 

Best Answer

Manual log what should be an automatic procress. That is a ridiculas answer. There are many of us with the same problem and have tried a dozen different things to improve none work.

You buy it because automatic logging is what it is supposed to do.

I have read fifty or more forums complaints for this problem. Just get a proper fix or offer a recall on all as they do not operate as advertised or expected.

Best Answer

Walking in place in front of a video is a different action to actually walking between two places so expecting the tracker to handle it flawlessly may be a little optimistic.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am walking at a steady pace on my treadmill.  Why wouldn't exercise automatically be picked up on my tracker.  I don't see why I would have to manually enter.  Disappointed this is not working for me. any other ideas 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your flex 2 should be picking up the steps you do but it wont recognise what you are doing as walking as there is no foward motion.  As it does not have treadmill as an exercise it auto recognises it wont know what to call it so will not add it as an actuvity.  But it should record the steps  you do and add them to your daily total.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes