Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not tracking SmartTrack activities and exercise goals

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I did a 2 mile (30min) Leslie Sansone walking video today and my Flex 2 did not recognize the miles or the exercise.  It only registered the steps.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118
My flex 2 has basic faults such as not tracking duration of exercise. This has been a problem since I got the tracker. For example I did a 55 min step aerobics program yesterday and today and the tracker seems to track most of the steps but missed 10-15 minutes of the exercise in the minute tracking.
I have rebooted, restarted sooo many times. The tracker is just not accurate!

BDfit

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This probably because there are section of the workout it just doesn't recognise as aerobic activity.  This is a general catagory but has specific criteria to recognise. i dont know what they are but for the flex 2 Id imagine it is a certain number of steps per minute.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

It syncs everything but my activity

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit flex 2 is not auto recognising exercises. I rode my outdoor bicycle yesterday evening for 30 mind. Google fit has recorded the data but nothing came up in Fitbit. I had to log that exercise manually. I followed that with 30 Min of resistance/strength training again I did not get any record at all. It is only counting my steps and sleep for now. Please fix Smarttrack issues

Best Answer

My exercises are not being recognised by smarttrack for eg I rode my outdoor bike for 30 min yesterday and outdoor bike is mentioned in auto recognised exercises but there was no data. I had to enter it manually. I followed this by 30 Min of resistance training, again no data. My Fitbit is synced so that is also not the problem. Please fix Smarttrack issues. If I still have to carry my cellphone to track a bicycle ride, there isn't any point to wearing a Fitbit right?

Best Answer

@VSfit345 Try restarting your flex 2 several times. That usually fixes this issue. Let us know how you go.

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I absolutely agree.  I am having the same problem and despite efforts to obtain help from Fitbit am getting no where.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi thanks, it started working
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm honestly over this.  This is my first fitbit, and I've had it 8 months.  In that time, the vibration has quit working, so it was replaced.  Now, it misses auto-recognizing exercises at least once a week.  At least every few weeks, I have to go through the whole uninstall/restart/install...blah blah blah mess.  There is NO WAY my exercise is not active enough--I walk/jog every day.  I log how long I do it.  It meets all the specs for the smart tracker. It logs activity minutes, steps, just not the exercise.  There is no rhyme or reason to it, and quite frankly, I'm over it.  This was supposed to make it EASIER to track exercise.  A pen and paper would be faster, easier, and less hassle.  I have seriously contemplated replacing my tracker with a nicer one, and it won't be a Fitbit.  If I wanted to log it all myself, I would have purchased a $0.50 notebook.  Mission complete.

Best Answer

I feel your pain. 

Best Answer

Walked 11500 steps and time wasn’t registered

Also today got notification on wristband that I passed 10000 steps but not registered on dashboard. What can the problem be?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rebecca22 Did you manually enter or edit an activity in the app? If you did this will overwrite anything the tracker recorded atvthe same time.

Try two things (assuming you did not manually enter anything)

Restart your tracker several times Restart your tracker

And uninstall the app, reinstall it and log back in.

This probably wont fix what has been missed but will hopefully stop it happening again. Let us know how you go 

Community Council Member

Best Answer

I am not understanding step two. What is the flex 2 tracker image?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Duh. I got it. And it’s still not logging active minutes in that tile.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Magoomcgrew Welcome! Thanks for being part of our Community! 

Let me help you with your active minutes and thank you for following the instructions in this thread. Active minutes aren't the same and activities. They are granted by intensity of the activity so you won't get them every time you log or have an activity detected on your account. You can read more about active minutes here.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am so tired of your tech-support by this point. I’ve read all about your active minutes and how everything is calculated. No one seems to be listening to me when I say that my frustration is that things have changed on my device. I have been logging active minutes i.e. fast walking or running for 10 minutes or more at a time. That used to show up on my dashboard on the track exercise tile when I hit the 30 minute goal goal. It isn’t anymore. My frustration is that there’s obviously something wrong with this device and I keep being asked to be patient until you figure something out and everyone keeps telling me the same thing. I’m done! I realize that you are new to my complaints and I don’t mean to take it out on you but this is ridiculous.

Ciao!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Magoomcgrew thanks for your reply, I'm here to continue assisting you with your active minutes. My apologies for the delay in responding.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and the experience you had with our Customer Support team. the feedback that was submitted in your post is appreciated. I totally understand how frustrating this matter can be for you, please note that our only intention is to resolve your concern, however, due to the lack of details on your previous post we provided you with information for a better understanding of how active minutes work. I was informed by our Support team that they're already providing you with assistance regarding this situation, an update was send to them to further assist you. That said, please keep an eye to your email for their contact.

I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me today. I walked for close to two hours. I got credit for everything else. Just under 20 mins in I started jogging for four minutes or so, then walked for a bit and jogged once more. The exercise app started automatically. Once I went back to only walking I stopped the app. I only got credit for the exercise the app had logged. It’s happened once before. Today when I turned off the app I set it to not start automatically. That should prevent further issues but I still don’t understand why it didn’t recognize the walk before and after the app started. I definitely was not walking slower than I do every other day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue with my Inspire HR.  My heart rate is registering cardio, my steps are registering but it is not registering tracked activity for at least 20 minutes past my goals for tracking exercise.   I think the software needs to be updated at FitBit Central!

Best Answer
0 Votes