Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not tracking SmartTrack activities and exercise goals

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I did a 2 mile (30min) Leslie Sansone walking video today and my Flex 2 did not recognize the miles or the exercise.  It only registered the steps.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118

It's normal for MY Flex 2 - happens pretty much at least one day very single week.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.  I workout in the morning and nothing is tracking activity.  I went to Verizon and asked them to check it (because they sell them there) and they weren't able to help.  They disconnected my fitbit and even reloaded the app and nothing has been fixed.  I'm not sure what to do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, @NellyG. Restarting the Flex 2 fixed my problem of it not recording my workouts. I guess I need to think of the Flex like a computer or smart phone: if something stops working properly, try rebooting!

Best Answer

@WendyRobin yes - thats exactly what it is - a mini computer. It is a good way to think about it. Glad your problem is fixed.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's exactly what mine does.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing happens to me.  It used to track my walks but it has stopped.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I found that tightening my flex 2 it now tracks fairly accurately. The band had loosened slightly with wear and I prefer it not be too tight. Now my small band is on the third hole, tight on my wrist but tracking.
Hope this helps with your problems.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

thanks.  I will try that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here! Here! It doesn’t track bike rides (although it tracked one as steps and reminded me to move towards the end) and now it’s not tracking walks. Don’t see why I should manually log things when it says it will do it itself. Only had it three weeks - very disappointed.  

Best Answer

My last two days of exercise did not register.  Nor were my hikes tracked.  I did use the tracker both times.  All had worked fine until Saturday update.  All synced up. 

Best Answer

I’ve been onto support so often and they just prevaricate. Now, it’s gone to ‘engineering’. 

Perhaps all we can do is keep at them - pity we can’t have an orchestrated demand for some rectification of the problems. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes just another unreliable part of a very poorly performing device
Best Answer

I’ve reinstalled the software twice and restarted it endless times. It hasn’t worked properly since two days after I got it. Hope that you fare better than me.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing here except I have had mine for over a year. Always worked perfect but as of a Few months ago it stopped recognizing anything but walks. I go to the gym three times a week and use the elliptical for 30 to 45 minutes and it never tracks it anymore when did used to flawlessly

Best Answer
0 Votes
I only got mine for Christmas and it’s been nothing but unreliable. Fitbit did offer me a replacement but said it might be the same because of the ‘known bug’, which they’re working to sort.
After a few days logging bits of bike rides, it’s now gone completely haywire - I can get 500 steps in the shower and 500 for rolling out pastry for a pie! I am taking it back to shop this week. I think I will go for a Garmin.
Good luck with yours
Fossie

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did 22 minutes on the elliptical today and my Flex 2 didn't pick it up.  Fitbit really are going backwards lately.  Some days I regret ever upgrading from my original Flex because that way my expectations would never have been raised - and my original Flex never let me down.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I took mine back in March after months of discussion with support and promises of an eventual ‘fix’. I did intend to get a Garmin but have managed very well without and being without hasn’t altered my life (nor did having it).

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Big push for new product still the same old same old this company just does
not get it
Best Answer
0 Votes

Everyone is complaining about the same issue: it does not track exercises. I bought it bc it says it does. Clearly it does not. Perhaps more annoying, however, is the non answers from the Fitbit reps. Nice that you’re all cheery and polite but the only concrete information you’ve offered us that product does not do what it says it does. It is going back. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys! How is it goin'? Cat Happy 

I understand how you feel about this because the SmartTrack feature isn't tracking your exercises as it used to be. On the other hand, I want to thank you guys for taking the time to get in touch with our Support team for further assistance. As they have mentioned, this is an issue that our team is aware of and working toward a solution. But in the meantime, there are some troubleshooting steps that you can follow to try to fix this. 

- Restart your Flex 2

- Make sure that the SmartTrack feature is enabled and the Auto-exercise recognition is set to ON. 

- Let me know which are the activities that aren't being recognized 

- Try to change the duration of the activities that aren't recognized 

We've found that some users have a better experience with SmartTrack if they try wearing their tracker on a different wrist. Because SmartTrack recognizes activities based on the continuous movement of your arms, in some cases, changing the wrist that you wear your tracker on can improve activity recognition.

Remember that if you change your wrist, you should also change your handedness setting. For more information on how wearing your tracker affects accuracy, please see this help article: How accurate are Fitbit trackers. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes