Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not tracking SmartTrack activities and exercise goals

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I did a 2 mile (30min) Leslie Sansone walking video today and my Flex 2 did not recognize the miles or the exercise.  It only registered the steps.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
118 REPLIES 118

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. But wish someone would respond with a fix. 

it's not like these things are cheap, they should work like they are suppose to!

Best Answer

I am having the same problem.  I noticed it yesterday and I have exercised both yesterday and today.  Fix needed ASAP!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happening to me as well. Went swimming today and yesterday and neither have registered.

Hope that this gets fixed soon! Grrrr!

Smiley Mad

Best Answer

Mine is not working either. It just stopped working on Sunday.  I did 50 minutes of aerobics and nothing under activity tracker in Fitbit  Until then, it was working perfectly. Not sure if this is related, but since it stopped tracking my activity under Fitbit app, it started logging my calories into MFP which it had not previously done.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine not registering activity either!  Since Sunday and I do active exercise every day. Really annoyed. Does anyone know if this an issue that fitbit are looking at?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi cherann again Cat Happy,

I just received the support team's answer:

"Hi Istvan,

Thanks for coming back to us with more information about the issue you are experiencing with the exercise data recorded with your MobileRun app. Our engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience it's caused. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we may do to assist you in the meantime."

They are working on the bug so hopefully soon it will be corrected. Cat Very Happy

Have a nice day!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have owned several Fitbits and the Flex 2 is the only one that has given me issues with recording my exercises.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am noticing that my flex2 is not recording my steps properly. Seems to record erratically. I had an original flex for a few years and no problems. Seems to be a flex2 problem from reading these posts.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once again - my Flex 2 is not counting a "day of exercise" even though it plainly shows on my dashboard both on my computer and on my iphone app that I have exceeded the number of minutes I have set as my goal.  This happens all the time!  It is very random.  I do not manually stop and start tracking an exercise.

My goal is set to count an exercise day after 30 minutes.  On Monday, I had 39 active minutes.  It gave me a count on the weekly exercise tile for a day.  Tuesday 36 minutes - it counted.  Wednesday 49 minutes - it counted.  Thursday 31 minutes - it counted.  So far today I have 39 minutes and it WILL NOT update the count to 5 out of 6 days.  I have reset it.

This happens all the time and it happens to lots of people I know with fitbits and it is a regular question on the help forums.  Why isn't this fixed?  Don't give me a goal to set if you aren't going to properly track it.  If fitbit can't get this feaure right - why not just remove it?  It is extremely anti-motivational.

Best Answer

This happens to me ALL THE TIME and is happening again today.  Annoying AF.

Best Answer
Oddly enough it started working again when I changed the number of days
from 7 to 6
--
*Heidi Kay, Partner, *
*PediaStaff, Inc.*Voice: 866-733-4278 ext 512; Fax: 662-823-6456
heidi@pediastaff.com

Find us on Facebook!
, LinkedIn
Pinterest, and Twitter
Subscribe to our Blog
Best Answer
0 Votes

@trixeebelle this is not likely to be seen by the developers (the people you are addressing) If you post it in Feature Suggestions it is much more likely to be noticed, and the more vote it has the more 'weight' your suggestion will have.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't really understand your reply.  I'm in the help forums asking a question about a feature that already exists and doesn't work.  It is not a "new" feature I'm suggesting - it is something that needs to be fixed.  Still.

Best Answer

You are asking a question to Fitbit. The forums are manned by members - volunteers - NOT the people who make fitbits. Your other option if you want to get the message to the fitbit engineers is Customer Support. The forums are where people who have problems look for solutions that other members can give them. You are looking for a solution from fitbit so you wont find it here. I am trying to point you to areas where the developers WILL see it. They dont read the forums.

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this problem. This is the best week I have had in terms of exercise & it is not registering my progress. It is very upsetting when you work hard & have nothing to show for it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to resolve this?? 

Best Answer

@Dillydons Hi. Can you be more specific as to what is happening with your flex 2? Is it counting steps OK? Does it register exercise  (activities) you have done? Is it crediting you with Active Mi utes? And what you have tried to do to resolve it (just so we dont have to repeat what yoh have already tried)

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is registering steps & active minutes but it does not register the days that I have met my activity goal. It currently says I have only met my goal on 3 days but I have actually done 5 days. If you tap on the minutes they are all there but the daily goal tab only shows 3 days. It is frustrating especially if you are in a challenge with your friends. This is the best week I have had but it doesn't show that. I don't know what to try, that's why I posted in the forum.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can see why you are frustrated. It seems to be an app issue (I think) rather than the flex 2. I'd suggest sync your flex 2, disconnect it from the app (remove device), uninstall the app, reinstall it and re add your flex 2.  Lets us know if that fixes it.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have tried what you suggested & it has not worked !! I'm really frustrated. I don't understand how active minutes can be logged in the activity tile but not on the goal day tile & why has it counted 3 of the days but not the other 2. The days it has logged it has not logged all of the minutes either. This clearly needs looking into.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

It is certainly not normal behaviour for the flex 2. I'd suggest you contact Customer Support about it.

Customer Support

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes