Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard showing calories not steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Up until this morning my flex was displaying my steps as my main goal. However it has changed itself to show Calories as the main goal.

i have looked at my main goal and it is set to steps. Whatever I change this menu too the display remains as calories.

can someone please advise?

tks

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Katyconwayuk Thanks for your reply and for trying the steps on my last post. 

I know what is happening now! To have the steps as the main data category instead of having it as a sub group you need to move it to the top to replace the tile.

Try this:

• Tap and hold the step tile (the small step tile on your dashboard).
  • You will see how it "deattaches" from the app's dashboard.
  • Drag it to the top to exchange the calories tile for the step tile.
  • Tap on "Done".

I think that should resolve the problem you are experiencing.

If not, please share a screen shot of your dashboard so I can investigate further!

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
53 REPLIES 53

@Katyconwayuk Welcome to the Fitbit family! In this case, you need to sync your tracker right after changing the main goal. Try changing it back to steps and then sync it immediately. The changes should be saved and the tracker should start tracking your step goal. 

If you are having trouble syncing, check this troubleshooting steps to fix. 

Additionally, do you see the step tile on the app's dashboard? It may be that for some reason it was hidden. To get it back, check these steps.

Best Answer

When using my iPhone, If I go to account the main goal says it is steps, but on my dashboard it shows as calories.

I tried changing the goal from steps to distance, and syncing -  it still shows as calories. I changed it back to steps, synced and it still shows calories. 

Steps are showing and being tracked but as a smaller sub goal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Katyconwayuk Thanks for your reply and for trying the steps on my last post. 

I know what is happening now! To have the steps as the main data category instead of having it as a sub group you need to move it to the top to replace the tile.

Try this:

• Tap and hold the step tile (the small step tile on your dashboard).
  • You will see how it "deattaches" from the app's dashboard.
  • Drag it to the top to exchange the calories tile for the step tile.
  • Tap on "Done".

I think that should resolve the problem you are experiencing.

If not, please share a screen shot of your dashboard so I can investigate further!

Best Answer

Sorted. Thank you!

Best Answer

@Katyconwayuk You are very welcome! I'm glad that this was resolved. Hopefully, other user will find this helpful as well!

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with, check this friends thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried all these steps and my steps are still not logging. The step tile shows and my calories log but in the last week my steps stopped logging. When I click on the tile it will not let me make check the box to make step count visable. It has always showed my steps before. The sync is up to date

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

My tracker and other oatametepaare not getting updates. 

I can only see calories being updated. Please help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is the step tile?

Best Answer

I tried to drag the tile, saw it dettached, but it didnt change from calories to steps.

i would like to cap screen to you, but i hv no way to attach the capture to you

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had nothing but trouble setting up my fitbit that I was so excited to recieve at xmas. I would never recommend this product to anyone what a nightmare. my steps aren't synching the step tile isn't even available I followed all of the step instructions on this help page NONE OF IT WORKS!!! how do I get this stupid thing to count my steps instead of calories what a stupid set up process this has!!

Best Answer

Does anyone monitor this community and answer questions it looks like many people have the same setting up frustrations as me and none of the questions get answered. Why can't this thing count my steps instead of calories why is the steps tile MISSING from my dashboard and why is this thing so darn difficult to set up geesh. so bad for your marketing !!

Best Answer

You say tap and hold the step tile and it will detach its self  that works on my iPhone, but not on Win 10 laptop. Tap the step file, it opens. Tap and hold nothing happens. 
Do not understand it it was fine until neither machine sync'd and I turned bluetooth off and back on to get this new layout with cals being the primary.
When it would not sync the software will say something like make sure it is turned on and in range!! I am 10 cm from the laptop whose bluetooth can see my wife's Vivofit3 upstairs on the other side of the house!! Why are we treated like **ahem**s! 

Best Answer

I can help!

Today the tiles on my Fitbit weren’t moving (the calories tile was stuck and I didn’t have a steps tile).

Then I added my Fitbit as a device...I realized it wasn’t connected! On your dashboard, click the bottom on the top right. It should have your name first, then an option to create a family account, then it says “add a device”. You should see a picture of your Fitbit here. If not, connect one and sync it to the app. 🙂

Best Answer

Sorry...”click the button”...not bottom!!

Best Answer

Hey. I haven’t had any problems with my Fitbit flex. However today it will only show calories no matter what I do. It’s getting very annoying because it means I cannot participate in a daily showdown. Please show me, and every other person that has asked and sometimes multiple times, a way to fix this. Ciao

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello!

The problem I had was my Fitbit wasn’t actually synced up with my phone. I
had to double check that blue tooth was on. I had chosen my fit bit on the
app but it wasn’t recognizing the actual device. Once I actually had them
linked it started to track me steps.

I hope this helps!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! This fixed it for me. Add your flex as a device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where is the small step tile.  This change to calorie display is most annoying 

Best Answer

Mines doing the same and won’t swap ?

Best Answer
0 Votes