Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps not being tracked when using a walker.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I don't think that my steps are being accurately counted when I use a walker and don't swing my arms. Does the fit bit count steps even if your arms are not moving?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes
53 REPLIES 53
Best solution yet! Thank you.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Crowfae, thanks for joining the conversation, it's great to see you around. It's nice to see you as well @Siegebert, thanks for your insight about this situation. 

@Crowfae, I understand your concern about Fitbit devices not detecting steps correctly when using a walker. Please note that this has been brought up to our development team and at this moment my best recommendation would be voting and comment on the suggested idea by @fudge22, this will let our development team how much this suggestion is being requested, the more votes an idea has, the more attention it gets. Additionally, you could place your device inside your sock or pocket as @Siegebert mentioned.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit flex 2 and purchased a necklace that you can wear the tracker in. It’s a good alternative although this Fitbit does not have display or track heart rate but for tracking steps and activity this works for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used the necklace until upgrading to a Versa. 

Awesome fix then. 

Still figuring this one out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

He,that sounds  great. where did you get it? What does it look like,? Can not for me but still would like to know. Would look silly on me, too old Male and 90. Have a great day.

PS: many people  will be thankfully  for this information.

Tell me more  about the versa.

Siegebert

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

The tried-and-true method for May Siebert is to put it in your sack and every step is accounted for. I realize it's not on your wrist but if you have a phone you can check it there or you can check it periodically throughout the day it tracks your pulse the tracks your heart rate especially if you put it across the bridge of your foot. Your pants cover the tracker and no one knows it's there.

All the most reliable way for me to put it in your sock. Your pants covered up if you place the face of it across the InStep of your foot it tracks your pulse your heart rate your phone app will show everything is going on with this you don't have to check it if you don't use the phone app then you can check it periodically throughout the day. I'm not going to put one around my neck just one more piece of jewelry that I don't want around my neck. And I want to track all day. If I'm going somewhere that is not feasible to put it in my sock then I really don't need to track my steps. As I'm a woman if I dress up in the dress those are the times that I don't track my stuff because I put it in my purse. A man can put it in his pocket. You will still have some of your stuff track but it's not important.Gail

Moderator edit: Merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well, I love this idea too. Again, not feasible anymore for me for many
physical reasons. And upgraded for the features that require visibility.
But again thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes that is the way to go.

Do take care.

Siegebert

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Good to see you in the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

@Brownie41153, that's a great suggestion! Thanks a lot for sharing this with us!

@Siegebert, if you'd like more information about the Fitbit Versa, click here for more information.

If you guys need anything at all, let me know. I'll be happy to help you out!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you know if they have plans to update algorithm for walkers and strollers.

Best Answer

Hi, am not aware  of any 

, but you can ask  this question  directly  to Fitbit using this Community  board.

Am still using my sock and have the unit on the inside of my left leg  just above my ankle 

Greetings, Siegebert

Best Answer
0 Votes

Which I have mentioned a few times on the thread is not an option for me, but glad it works for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I usually weat crew sock, but I bought a knee brace that is just stretchy elastic. When worn on the calf the fitbit can be held safely in place and you can where whatever you want on your feet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well there you are, an other good suggestion 

Thanks, sure someone  will use that.

Siegebert

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Crowfae, thanks for getting back and good to see you all around!

At the moment, I'm not aware on any plans for something like this. If I get to know about anything like this, I'll be sure to let you know!

If you guyd need anything else, I'm always around!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this suggestion. I wear compression hose or compression socks and use a magnetic wrist band for my Alta. The band doesn't come apart like the traditional ones so I can't wrap it around my ankle. Using a sleeve will definitely work. Helps when I'm wearing yoga pants this way!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow, that's a very interesting workaround! Thanks a lot for sharing this with us @OldRingleader! 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do use a walker, but am in the pool daily so getting another Fitbit is not likely. I will try the sock method and hope it works.

Best Answer
I have found putting the Fitbit in a pants pocket works as well
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @aquanutkkp thanks for joining the Fitbit Community. It's nice to see you too @Brownie41153, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared your tips with us, I'm sure they will be very helpful for other members in the Community. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes