Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80-100K per day loggers

I'm new to Fitbit and I can;t see how people are logging this many steps a day unless that is all they do and have no life. Roughly 50 miles plus per day of walking? Anyone else wonder how this is possible day in and out? I don't think even marathon runners would log this many miles per day. 

Best Answer
189 REPLIES 189
GSaldiveri: I agree with you, walking is a good exercise but for complete
fitness one needs more that just walking. As we age our muscle mass
decreases so lifting moderate weights every other day helps slow that down,
also moving all our major joints through a full range of motion helps to
maintain our flexibility. As for cardiac health one must increase our
heart rate to it's training zone for at least 20 continuous minutes. I
used to run 6-7 miles every day all year long, but at 72 years of age I now
use my elliptical for 40 minutes, rower for 20 minutes and lift weights for
30 minutes on a daily basis and feel I'm in better health and fitness now
than when I just ran. Keep up the good work!
Best Answer

Wow...so, walking almost 400 miles only burns 5000 calories.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nasacpa you missed a decimal place. 100 cal/mile x 400 miles = 40,000 calories (44,000 if running).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nope.  I was replying about the post earlier, where someone posted something like 386 miles only burned 5333 calories.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nasacpa please learn to use the '@' addressing (or quote) so we'll know who/what you are referring to. Without that, the most recent (only in several pages) reference to calories:miles is that of @GSaldiveri . Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My husband drives heavy equipment for his job and if his fitbit wearing arm is out the window the bumps count as steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@checking I don't know how to link, but my reference was to a screen shot on page one of this thread.  Where about 375 miles showed up with around 5300 calories burned.

I try to get in about 12,500 steps/day, and my caloric output comes out to around 3300, according to FB.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@nasacpa, OK, that is a manual entry from about 4 years ago. With manual entry you can make it almost anything you want. For distance you can use miles, km, or steps. If you use miles or km, Fitbit will use your stride length to calculate number of steps. I tried it and got about 9000 calories - clearly incorrect, probably based on HR over the duration of the logged exercise. To be generous, 38.4 miles could have been entered accidentally missing decimal point. While you can still do manual entries and get crazy results, late 2015 (or early 2016) manually entered data was banned from challenges. But unfortunately, still seems to make it into activity group leaderboards. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@checking Ah, manual override....that would explain it.  Danke!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ask someone and according to this person he does not have any machine at home to help him achieved such amount number of steps knowing that we are all in a lockdown. I just hope that this people were doing an honest exercises in their personal life.

Best Answer
0 Votes