Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80-100K per day loggers

I'm new to Fitbit and I can;t see how people are logging this many steps a day unless that is all they do and have no life. Roughly 50 miles plus per day of walking? Anyone else wonder how this is possible day in and out? I don't think even marathon runners would log this many miles per day. 

Best Answer
189 REPLIES 189

Sorry to contradict you, but it is possible. It takes about 12 hours of walking. I set out to do it twice, first time I didn't get an early enough start and was 3,000 steps short when midnight fell. The second attempt was successful and I had 1/2 hour to spare. I'm sure there are others out there like me who consider that kind of a hike the ultimate vacation day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well I am 71 years old  and I average at least 15,000 per day.    Finished with 84,000 this week, although there of been many times I've hit 100,000. My secret? I'm up at five, do warm-up exercises and weight bearing exercises every other day and get out the door and walk. Sometimes I run. I've actually done four half marathons in the last two years   I walk between six and 8 miles per day and I'm usually home by 830 in the morning which gives me the rest of the day

Best Answer
Good for you. I am 74y/o and also try to stay active with walking, swimming and bicycling. I commend you for your consistency which I do not share with you. Still, we geezers have to stay active and vibrant. Unfortunately, my wife has been struggling with Alzheimer’s for 10 years which gets me down. No excuse but it is what it is. Keep moving, friend.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I seen a person record 388525 steps on a Samsung challenge in less then 24hrs. How can this be ? That is around 200miles

Best Answer

If the person just started off with activity that would be questionable. But take into consideration that some are retired.  My Dad walked close to that amount each day after he retired doing yard work for our 1/4 acre and yards for every one else.  He'd be up at 6am and stop at 8pm, constant walking and moving.  He has moved like that for decades of his life.  I'm sure if he wore a Fitbit he would show much more than the 80K and 100K steps.  

I would love to work up to 100K a day.  It may take some time but I have no kids, have no siblings or family, My mother is 94 years old and I really do not leave the house.  I haven't turned on the TV for almost 20 years and if I did there are such things as treadmills.  No spouse and so I could easily, if I'm at that stage could spend my day walking 100K a day.  I don't need to be sitting here at a computer all day anyway.  And not obligated to anyone.  Means less housework to do too.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Given it took me roughly 15 hours to do 100,000 steps measured by FitBit, doing nearly four times that number seems highly unlikely. The world record for 24 hour running was 303 kilometres (188 miles), which was set in 1997. I don't think/know if they had a step tracker of sorts on. So until I see the stats/screen shot of the 388,525 steps in less 24 hours, I can't believe it.

Best Answer

My Dad averaged much more than 100K a day working outside in yards from 6am to 8pm.  Constantly moving.  Of course he started in his 20s and back then there was no such thing as computers and he was in his 40s when he got his first tv set.  Some people, like me are retired, have no relationships due to health (severe temps either way make me ill) and so I'm homebound.  I personally want to work my way up to that.  More walking means less time making a mess around house and since I haven't turned on a tv in 25 years walking seems to be a worthy goal.  To me.  It can be done.  Not overnight but can be worked up to

Best Answer
I understand some jobs you would walk a lot but this person walked 250
miles in less then 24hrs. It seems unreal. 100k steps that is realistic but
over 486,000 is hard to believe.
Best Answer
Just know that you cannot compare running steps to walking/marching in place/ speed walking, etc. YOU WILL ALWAYS GAIN MORE STEPS compared to your running counterparts. I can take 3 steps in small strides compared to the ground/space that a runner attempts to cover. Also the rational is different. Joggers and runners think in miles and distance. Walkers/steppers thoughts are just "keep moving." WE WALKERS/STEPPERS will always have HIGH steps. Runners just need to leave this whole discussion alone because you will never understand if you continue to try and compare marching in place while binge watching a series like Blue Bloods on Netflix to running a half marathon. You're thinking is, how fast can I track 13.1 mile, so you run faster, stretch your stride (and lessen your step count). While, I can be at home, for three hours marching in place (if I have the time). I won't get tired as runners do, I won't feel too fatigued because of the pace I am going at. I can speed up and slow down in intervals as often as I like depending on what challenges I have set for myself to obtain a STEP goal.

Lisha Johnson :virgo:️🌹💖👟✌🏾🙏🏾
Best Answer

Not everyone has the luxury of going outside.  Some are inside the house due to illness.  A step is a step according to the Fitbit standards from what I'm reading.  I'd love to be able to go outside and run, but health conditions prevent me from doing so.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
The challenge started august 1st
Best Answer
0 Votes
You don't need to go out and run. I get allergy shots weekly. I have a Pulmonary Sarcoidosis which limits my lung capacity. There's a fitness walking coach - Leslie Sansone. YouTube her

Best Answer
0 Votes
My personal goal is 20k steps a day for this month

Best Answer

I like Leslie Sansone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
She's great. You can get many steps incorporating her techniques in your daily activities. Staying indoors is no excuse to not keep moving... 😬

Best Answer

True.  My original comment was more to someone saying that walking indoors is not really walking not to what you said.  Sorry, I'm still new to these forums so trying to figure out how to reply to someone.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. Appears to be nearly impossible..

Best Answer
0 Votes

This assumes ppl put their Fitbit on their ankle, right?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Fitbit one. My goal is 42,500, but have been getting 50-60k lately. I got 100,00k for the first time the other day. I have 64,836 right now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you’re doing 100k plus steps a day then you need to get off state benefit and get out there to find a job!!!! 

Why do people feel the need to try and impress others with such bull**ahem**?! Pathetic and immature, get a life!

Enderman
Best Answer
0 Votes