Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80-100K per day loggers

I'm new to Fitbit and I can;t see how people are logging this many steps a day unless that is all they do and have no life. Roughly 50 miles plus per day of walking? Anyone else wonder how this is possible day in and out? I don't think even marathon runners would log this many miles per day. 

Best Answer
189 REPLIES 189

I like your attitude!

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

uberwench said: You can edit your stride lengths in settings.  If you make it really low, your step count will go up.

Actually that's not correct at all. Stride length has to do with DISTANCE not step count. My husband & I can walk the same amount of steps, his DISTANCE will be further cause his stride is bigger..... he wont have more steps..... just a bigger distance.

Best Answer

I once saw the olympian sandal badge, which is 100K in one day. I just dont belive it. My highest is 15K.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Carterww wrote:

I once saw the olympian sandal badge, which is 100K in one day. I just dont belive it. My highest is 15K.

In 1963, John Kennedy said any American should be able to walk 50 miles in a day, and many did back then.

There are many 50 mile hikes around the country. Some are on trails, others are on roads. Doing 50 miles once is an achievable challenge for most in reasonable shape and the desire to prepare.

http://kennedy50.org/

Best Answer

Now you've seen it.... it's possible and can be doneNow you've seen it.... it's possible and can be done

PhotoGrid_1490468809891.png

Best Answer

@Tortie26: can you post your activity graph for that day, the one that shows your steps in bars for each slice of 15 minutes? This one:

activity_graph.png

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Carterww wrote:

So because YOUR highest is 15k...... means that my three times over 100k is bull**ahem**?

Cool I'll let Garmin know as well that the 110k on the last one was wrong as well then? (you can't add steps manually on that one either.

But hey... I guess my 30k at least a day is bull**ahem** as well. I'll make sure to slow down for you

Untitled-1.png

Best Answer

ju.png

Best Answer

@Carterww why don't you believe it? Because you can not do it for whatever reason?

Care to share your daily lifestyle?

School/college/uni?

online gaming?

tv?

work?

especially with studying and work, that would leave you a lot less time to run/walk

but like in my case, I have the whole day, from waking up to going to bed to do what i want, just like when I did the 100k, granted took me the whole day, yes it was just the one off

what annoys me about some people is that because of their lifestyle/health etc that restricts them to what they can and can not do, they automatically presume that everyone is the same

someone that is into health and fitness, is fit and healthy and is retired or not working for whatever reason could dedicate their daily life into doing 100k if the wanted to

I could if I wanted to do 100k everyday, although I doubt that my body would agree/like it and would more than likely be more harmful and helpful, as I have the whole day to do what I want, heck I could sleep all day if I wanted to

Best Answer
@PinkRayneDrop wrote:
Fitbit One on my hip, Fitbit Flex on my wrist...... Garmin Forerunner 235 (it counts steps as well) on my wrist..... forget the Surge...Fitbit GPS is way off. Don't log anything on Fitbit as an exercise unless you want to lose steps, distance, calories

@PinkRayneDrop: I’m a bit confused by the above: are you wearing both your One and your Flex at the same time? If so, are they connected to the same account or to separate accounts? In my experience, Surge built-in GPS is reasonably accurate. AFAIK, logging a walk or a run as an activity on your Surge won’t change your step count or calories: it will only change distance (measured as per GPS instead of being calculated as steps x stride length).

It looks like nearly all your steps were between 8am and 8pm (12 hours). I don’t know how you did it. Let’s say 96k of your steps where during these 12 hours and the remaining 4k during the rest of the day. 96k steps in 12 hours is 8000 steps per hour, 133 steps per minute. When walking briskly, I average 120-125 steps per minute (about 2 steps per second). Even if I did that 12 hours straight, without any pause at all, I wouldn’t get 96k steps. This means you must have been running quite a bit (probably the highest bars with about 900 steps per 5 minutes = 180 steps per minute). Are you a runner? Because 80.9 km is almost the equivalent of two marathons.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@Dominique wrote:
@PinkRayneDrop wrote:
Fitbit One on my hip, Fitbit Flex on my wrist...... Garmin Forerunner 235 (it counts steps as well) on my wrist..... forget the Surge...Fitbit GPS is way off. Don't log anything on Fitbit as an exercise unless you want to lose steps, distance, calories

@PinkRayneDrop: I’m a bit confused by the above: are you wearing both your One and your Flex at the same time? If so, are they connected to the same account or to separate accounts? In my experience, Surge built-in GPS is reasonably accurate. AFAIK, logging a walk or a run as an activity on your Surge won’t change your step count or calories: it will only change distance (measured as per GPS instead of being calculated as steps x stride length).

It looks like nearly all your steps were between 8am and 8pm (12 hours). I don’t know how you did it. Let’s say 96k of your steps where during these 12 hours and the remaining 4k during the rest of the day. 96k steps in 12 hours is 8000 steps per hour, 133 steps per minute. When walking briskly, I average 120-125 steps per minute (about 2 steps per second). Even if I did that 12 hours straight, without any pause at all, I wouldn’t get 96k steps. This means you must have been running quite a bit (probably the highest bars with about 900 steps per 5 minutes = 180 steps per minute). Are you a runner? Because 80.9 km is almost the equivalent of two marathons.

Yep I have the One on my bra while I'm at work & that's the one it takes the step count off, the Flex on my dominant hand (but set on the dominant side) and that's so I can still wear it when it's raining & I'm running out in it.

It was 10 hours straight, I can get about 1000 every 10 mins. Wasn't hard for me as I'm used to walking a lot. Didn't leave the house for it, all 3 times I did that at home. I don't have to stop to eat as those were fasting days, and I made sure I didn't have to go to work that day as well.
Yep it's almost 2 marathons. For about a year I was able to do a marathon a day as my minimum amount of steps and did that easily, even while I had a job that didn't require much walking.

Running will get me about 1000 per km.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you were the Fitbit on your dominate hand you are also logging movement, not merely steps. This will increase the number you register daily. With this in mind, your daily count will go up significantly. 

Best Answer

@May8 wrote:

If you were the Fitbit on your dominate hand you are also logging movement, not merely steps. This will increase the number you register daily. With this in mind, your daily count will go up significantly. 

That's why there is a setting that you can tell it what hand you are on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I ride my Motorcycle if I don't start an activity then delete it after my Surge logs massive step and floor counts.. some people may be riding a motorcycle and missing the deletion of bogus steps..  I still cant kill the extra floor counts without turning off the Surge during rides which I don't want because I want my heart rate and calorie burn to stay tracked.

Best Answer

HarleyKB that is a VERY logical explanation for some people.  Great observation!  There are so many accusations of cheating (and I'm sure there are many and they're really only cheating themselves) this does explain how some people just do their daily thing unintentionally rack up bogus steps.  Glad this forum remains constructive.  I'm still aiming to finally break the 100K step barrier, because so I have only been able to reach 60K and that was a beating.  Wish me luck!

Best Answer

Yeah true. I am at school.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Uh... yeah thats exactly what I'm saying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a friend who is an ultra runner.  He does races 50 to 100 miles.  It amazes me but there are many of these races year round.

Best Answer

Hi! I love these step goal badges. I've actually achieved all of them, even the Olympic shoe 1000,000 once. The high step goals are achieved on vacation days when you have a full day of serious hiking. I'm sure there are others out there too, who like me consider the ultimate vaction to be a day spent in the wilderness. (50,000 is about 6.5 hours on the trail)

Best Answer