Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do women over 60 get in shape?

Hi all!  I am starting this thread to help all the ladies from our old forum get started up again over here in the new place.  Hope you all find this thread.  Getting in shape after 60 has its own challenges especially when you have lost muscle, have slowed metabolism and hormone changes.  How are you getting and staying fit?  What s working for you?  

Best Answer
698 REPLIES 698
aldensmith: Walking for aerobic exercise, lifting weights to counteract
the gradual lose of muscle mass as we age and moving all major joints
through a full range of motion to maintain our flexibility.
Best Answer

Hello , I'm wondering how I join this group ? 

Best Answer

You are here. So you just post to this group. 

Best Answer

how do you determine your training xone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just eat nutritious food and try to rest more,most importantly always be happy.

Best Answer
sabinus: just eat nutritious food, that good. Try to rest more? Does she
want to get in shape? Tell me are you Always happy?
Best Answer

Hi Everyone! I just purchased my first ever rebounder: Cellercise! It came today. Was very easy to set up. And I just started out slowly doing a health or baby bounce. Imagine my surprise when my Fitbit Inspire counted the bounces as steps! Wow! I will take them! All 6,093 of them! And it didn't take but maybe 10 minutes? (That's probably in addition to the 3,000 I already had throughout the day.) And yes, I am over 60 trying to get in better shape after struggling with a serious sinus infection since last year. The weather has been too rainy and with the sinus infection it hasn't always been easy to sleep at night with some congestion. But after visiting out of state, my daughter & her family in Florida, they had a trampoline out in the backyard. Yes, I jumped on it. I felt really tired afterwards, but felt good and slept soundly in a long time. After returning home. I did a lot of research. I was sold on the Cellercise. Just my preference. I am looking forward to doing more and more as time progresses and getting in better shape and sleeping soundly.

Best Answer

“How do women over 60 get in shape”. 

One day at a time with various exercises and activities that work with whatever limitations one may/not have. Lots of options available to experiment with.  Whatever you decide on just keep moving 🙂

Best Answer
Sorry I would not think that this will get you healthy.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Rebounding is very good for the body. It has a lot of health benefits. There is: cardio, helps the lymphatic system to function better by moving the lymphatic fluid & is highly recommended by oncologists for cancer patients. It helps tone the body and build muscle. In fact it can help with bone density. And rebounding is highly recommended by NASA for their astronauts.
And considering the wet, rainy weather in my area for almost a year, I can rebound in my condo and become healthier and in better shape. You might want to do some research on the benefits of rebounding.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Source of your information?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is one great source from NASA. But there are many other sources and reviews from many who have done rebounding with great success. And it’s much easier on the joints.  

Best Answer

Here is another link. Rebounding for cancer patients, for lymphatic patients: https://draxe.com/trampoline-workout/

Best Answer

Not everyone is infatuated with rebounders.  No one exercise or piece of equipment is the be all end all for exercise.  If a rebounder works for you, great but don’t tell me what I should/shouldn’t do or suggest that there aren’t any benefits to be gained from having a varied daily exercise program.

Best Answer
The operative word is “should”. You do what you feel is good for you.
Have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@J-flex wrote:

No one exercise or piece of equipment is the be all end all for exercise.

I agree 100%. Some variety is needed.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I thought I was responding to cool sneakers. They were asking for my source. Forgive me. I generally use my pc for responses and just got new progressive lenses for my glasses. And in no way was I telling someone what to do. 

Best Answer

Okay

Best Answer
0 Votes