Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are your fitness goals for 2022?

Hi everyone! 

It’s really common to go over-indulge in December and then set unachievable goals as a response. Instead, it really pays to take a step back, and make a plan that is challenging, but also realistic and personal to us. 

I personally want to find a better way to organize my workout at home, to manage my time better and mostly I'll be focusing on being more consistent throughout the year.

What about you? What are some of the fitness goals that you have for 2022? Feel free to share your thoughts and ideas. 

2022.jpg

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

Veteran here getting back into running how often do you run? always looking for like minded friends 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good morning, I haven't tried running yet. I'm working on it
Best Answer
0 Votes

I do yoga in the mornings and crossfit three times a week. Would love to lose 5 kg and still gain some muscles.

This article is the only decent thing i found about it https://betterme.world/articles/cutting-workout-plan/ .

Can you please share how did it go for you? Do you do some special exercises or keep some diets?

Best Answer

@DoroM

I can think of two ways to do it:

• On your online dashboard, enable the 'Activity + Stats' tile.  On the 2nd drop down select 'Daily'.  You'll then be able to see your lifetime total as the last stat on the right.
  • From your leaderboard, click on 'You'.  This will take you to your profile page.  Your lifetime stats will be listed on your right.

I hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

41 years and get younger is my goal

Best Answer
0 Votes

I actually was just thinking about this myself this week. I was asking myself last week, what is going to help me achieve my goals? Fitness will not only help me increase stamina, to help me be physically healthier but also it is great for my own mental health and wellbeing. My fitness goal is to get enough stamina to be able to run, I can jog now for probably less than a minute but I would like to be able to increase my stamina enough to jog even a 1/2 mile. During COVID at my highest weight just in the middle of January 2021 I was 475lbs, I lost 75lbs by April of last year, had surgery gastric sleeve and I now weigh 313lbs but I been at the same weight now since November of 2021. I'm struggling. I want to get in the habit of exercising at least 4 days per week for 30 minutes. I want to be able to manage my time, schedule my workouts and to increase my motivation in exercising. This is my goal for this year. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I want to lose 5 kilograms. I hope I will succeed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had an extremely serious case of Covid in February of 2021, then in December, I slipped on some ice and fell flat on my back.  Nothing broken, but some really serious damage to muscles.  I had 12 weeks of PT this year and turned that over into going to a gym last month.

My goal is to be down to within 10 lbs of my ultimate goal weight.  Right now, I have already lost about 11 lbs.  And also, to be able to sit at my computer for a number of hours without pain.  Both are doable but can be challenging for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

6 days of Exercise Your beat your own goal! Are you superhuman?

No, I'm just an evolved hominin (LOL) - I have always thought that exercise was helpful - now wearing a Fitbit it's been very interesting tracking my health and watching my exercise records.

Best Answer
0 Votes
To be healthier, drop some weight and bring my A1c number down. Most of all to just live my best life. Smile more often and just be happy
Best Answer

In the last 3 years, I've dropped 15 pounds and 2 in around the waist. 

This year I want to get back into taking daily walks, biking, and of course the kyak. 

Best Answer

next year I'm looking forward to gain more strength and loose weight

Best Answer
0 Votes
My fitness goal is to lose weight, get toned, bikini ready for summer 2023
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for asking the question @DavideFitbit . It's an important one especially in terms of  

@DavideFitbit wrote:

'... and then setting unrealistic goals ...'

I don't know about you, but I've regularly - on the basis of feeling - set myself unrealistic goals - put another way , lied to myself. Harsh maybe, but honest.

I'm a bit older than many people 70(ish 😬) just had a hip-replacement, an experienced fellrunner (UK-based hill runner) . And now I find myself with one thigh that looks like a woodpecker has been having  fun on it , the other about 10% bigger than its woodpeckered mate. And I haven't got the time to get my recovery schedule 'wrong' I'm going to be dead soon (The next 20 years for me will be  just a blink).

Run in a straight line? Forget it. Aim: build muscle bulk (volume), and maybe run in a straight line.

I want to get older disgracefully. And to do that I need to be fit. And there are precious few authoritative resources for older folks on how to get fit after an operation, or (perish the thought) get fitter than you were yesterday.  

So I think I'll have  a dig around in the relevant research journals and summarise what I find - and post here. 

Regards everyone, Ian

Exercise as if your life depends on it. Because it does.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't updated the progress for a while. Today, I ran last 12th trail half-marathon this year (one for each month) and this closes my 2022 racing season. Everything as planned and even better considering that this last race ended up with 3rd place overall. Quite unexpected considering hills and mud on trail 😀 Time to take break and plan for 2023 🍷

hm-2022.PNG

Best Answer

I just really want to become stronger physically and mentally. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi, my fitness goal for the year 2023 is to be a healthier member of society. To get my A1c scores to 7 points, and to just be happier in my family life and healthy and stronger in my personal life.

Best Answer

Hi Danny

Hope you've achieved your fitness goals.No easy task. 

Best Answer
0 Votes