Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the most amount of steps anyone has ever walked in a single day?

I am just curious about the most steps walked in a single day. I have 45,000, and it was tough getting that badge.

Best Answer
259 REPLIES 259

keep on steppin' 🙂

Best Answer

So, last Saturday I did attempt to break my previous high steps in a single day of 152,419. I started running loops around the top of my driveway at midnight Friday and continuously ran and mostly walked until 11:30 pm Saturday night (23 1/2 hours) - I stopped 30 minutes before midnight because I knew at that point I wouldn't be able to break my previous PR and my feet were absolutely KILLING me! I ended up with 145,043 steps, falling a little more than 7,000 behind my best. Distance-wise the FitBit recorded 70 miles that I traveled.

I setup a small aid station next to my garage and my wife came out regularly to lend support. The first 6 hours I made steady progress but it was a little tough at night - even though I had lights on. As it wore on though my feet became steadily more and more painful because I was wearing an old pair of running shoes that didn't have enough cushion. That slowed me down, as did a lack of training.

I'm still recovering somewhat today and feel drained physically but my legs aren't too bad.

It's interesting that under controlled conditions I wasn't able to break the step totals I had achieved previously in a grueling mountain race. So what I think is that on a technical trail you accumulate more steps per a given distance because you are constantly stepping over and around rocks, roots, etc. And shoes matter! If I had a pair of better cushioned shoes I would have certainly done better because I spent too much time adjusting them, socks, then no socks, taking them off for a few minutes every hour, etc. I bet I lost 20,000 steps due to having poor shoes.

I still think 200,000 is doable but extremely difficult and everything would have to go perfectly, including the weather (I lost a little more time when a thunderstorm came over and I had to scramble to move my stuff inside my garage and do about 7,000 steps in the house!). Not sure I'll ever attempt this again but it was a hell of an experience! Oh, also, sometime today I'll hit over 1 million steps this month!Screenshot_20200627-233910_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
Both attempts are amazing!
Best Answer

Thanks Jaishree!

Best Answer

Pretty good step day 😉

I know that (for me) a competitive  race gets me more steps, because I am full of adrenaline. Maybe that's why you got less. Maybe you can challenge a friend next time. Good Job though!

Best Answer

I got 40,000... and I thought that was good lol. Good job with your 45k. I'll try for 50k sometime soon. 

Best Answer

Good point about the extra motivation you get from a competitive race...I'm sure that's part of it also! Also a blessing and a curse to do it at my house...on the one hand it makes it easier for bathroom breaks, food, etc but also makes it too easy to take too many breaks.

Best Answer
AgreeSent from Samsung tablet.
Best Answer

I got 21,000+ this week and shocked myself.  Have no idea where the energy came from.  I'm usually happy to get my 10K per day and call it quits, but after noticing a friend of a friend had 113,330 average daily I decided to check this forum. 

Best Answer

I see replies are not to individual posts but are in chronological order...so this forum can get a little discombobulated.

Congratulations to everyone who really is walking those high points.  Now I've learned there are a lot more badges out there that I'll probably never reach.  (I'm 70 and happy with 10-20K/day.)

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did 138,000 in one day (and 76,000 the next day) in the course of a 100-mile race. I’m fit, but not a super-athlete. That was 30 hours. So I can see someone hitting 200,000 or even 300,000 in a day. People are amazing. 

But I’m still proud of every day that I reach 10,000 steps!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow! Amazing.
Best Answer
0 Votes

DF518D85-112B-44BD-8EF9-B7B66C0266CB.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to post iPhone data because my Fitbit went thru the laundry. 😞

Best Answer

This type of stepping is so funny!  😂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great job on the 100 miler JimMR! I've only completed 1 10 miler but it was more than 9 years ago - I've attempted 3 others that I didn't finish - got to 55, 65, and 80 miles respectively. I've also done a couple long solo runs (132 and 200 miles) that were each multi-day efforts.

And way to go Samuraineko! Every step is a good step!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been using Fitbit since 2012  and this is a copy and paste of my best achievements:

LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT STATS 

Steps | 79,790,936

Floors | 61,840

Distance | 58,824.00 km

I am almost half way around the world for the second time. My first time around the world used 57 million steps and took me nearly seven years. I am 67 and hope to be around the globe twice by the time I reach 70. I find it odd that there is no badge for around the world. Besides myself,

one other person, BALTOSCOTT has gone around once.

I think my floors also equal about 6x up Mt. Everest if I am not mistaken.

BEST ACHIEVEMENT STATS 

Steps | 96,066 on April 10, 2013

Floors | 301 on December 29, 2017

Distance | 79.79 km on April 10, 2013

Best Answer

Very, very impressive Bill!!! Amazing stats! Agree that there should be an around the world badge too - I'm closing in on 20,000 miles myself (almost 42,000,000 steps). 

Keep up the good work !

Best Answer

No competition but I’m doing a charity walk. 70km in my 70th birthday. I did a try yesterday 

ron

Best Answer

Amazing 👏 

Best Answer
0 Votes