Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long does it take to do 10,000 steps?

ANSWERED

I'm just setting up my bitfit for the first time. Just got it for my birthday tonight! Just curious how long it takes on average to get 10,000 steps in a day? I work out about 3 days a week but I run about 30 minutes and do weights. Just curious how much more I will need to do to fulfill the 10,000 steos.

Best Answer
127 REPLIES 127

Hi Dee

If you take 1 step per second, 1 hour = 3,600 steps.

It's probably best not to think of distance unless you know your step length for that cadence/steps per minute.

So when running, if you step about three times per second, that's going to be about 10,000 steps per hour.

RE: average people: Average people do different exercises, so will have different step counts per hour!

For example, on my trampoline, I can get use it to "skip" (jump rope) and do about 5,000 steps per hour or I can do higher jumps doing less than jump (step) per second. My walking is somewhere between 1 and 2 steps per second depending on if I walk fast or slow!

Hope that helps! Be well and have fun!

Mark

Best Answer
0 Votes

I used to power walk on an elliptical for over around 1-1.5 hours to hit 10K steps every morning. Helps a lot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You didn’t answer the question. Most people walk in average of 2.5 miles an hour. The person who runs and lift weights on a regular basis probably walks closer to 3 miles an hour. 10,000 steps is roughly 5 miles. Therefore a very rough estimate for the amount of time it takes to walk 10,000 steps is one hour and 40 minutes. Boom, you’re welcome!

Best Answer
0 Votes

10000 steps like 5.1 miles and my best time is 1:22 using a Versa 2 walking outdoors and roughly 80 floors with each floor representing a 10ft. change in elevation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Walking - about 1hr 25, jogging someplace close to 53 mins. I’m 73 years old and a very average athlete in my age group.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It will take 1hr 25mins on average. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me it takes 15mins to cover 1km which is almost 2000 steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I do 10,000 steps in an hour or an hour and a half. It all depends on the pace and desire of course.

Best Answer
0 Votes