Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long does it take to do 10,000 steps?

ANSWERED

I'm just setting up my bitfit for the first time. Just got it for my birthday tonight! Just curious how long it takes on average to get 10,000 steps in a day? I work out about 3 days a week but I run about 30 minutes and do weights. Just curious how much more I will need to do to fulfill the 10,000 steos.

Best Answer
127 REPLIES 127
for me 4.11 miles
Best Answer

I'm averaging about 8500 from my daily life. From getting up to about 18:00 when I get home.

That's without doing any running, and so on.

It really depends what you do in your life.

5 minutes of jogging gets me up to the full 10,000.

Some days I get 11,000 just with my daily routine. I spend about 90% of my day at a desk.

Best Answer
4.11 miles of walking for me

in an 8 hour day at work, average day is 10,500 +/-
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you know that I moved your posts to the "Get Fit" area. Since this is more related to your topic!

Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi , Having monitored myself since posting my question / view, I have to walk 4.77 miles to hit the 10,000 step mark, strangely if I go hill walking etc it is slightly more at around 4.81 miles. On average I now walk around 16 minutes to the mile if walking alone, and depending on the terrain. A signiicant improvement of over  4 mins per mile.

Best Answer

However long it takes you to go 5 miles(might be more or less depending on stride length) For me about an hour an a half of walking will do it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

1 hour of medium brisk walking should average 6,000 pts. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Shirley, Thanks for the info.
Best Answer

I have found that I get around 3-4k a day without doing any exercise. To reach 10k a day I would include about a 45-60 min walk. I usually divide the walk into a couple of shorter walks a day.

The time for the walks varies because my pace varies especially when I am walking the dog!

Best Answer
To you all of my friends last night I walked for 27 miles thats was an huge milestone from walking I did. The steps I did 69,264 wow.

And good job everyone is trying to get your miles in
Missy M. as@ nkotblove
Best Answer

I am short, I average just under 2500 steps per mile.

I take more steps b/c my stride is shorter ...

Best Answer

@nkotbloveBRAVO!  how many hours/minutes did it take to walk 27 miles?

Best Answer

@PerfectBlue how do you get 8500 steps daily when 90% of your day is sitting at a desk?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@debugy2k did I read that correctly?  you have been losing an average of 3 pounds PER DAY during that 162 day period?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I do my walking and get my miles just been a all day thing I like to walk and guess WHAT HAPPEND TO ME I did 78 floors on Friday the Jan 15 2016. I did 78 floors wow!!! 

thats a lot of floors 

this going to be hard to bet 

Missy M. as@ nkotblove
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, that's an average, so some days I only do a lot more. The site that I'm on is quite spread out. There's one location that I go to thats 1200 steps there and 1200 steps back.

That one journey does almost 1/3 of my daily total.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To everyone today I done with my walking and I did 6.26 miles and the steps 14,029 thats good... 

thanks for reading my post have a great day 

Missy M. as@ nkotblove
Best Answer
0 Votes

To my friends and everyone Hello!!! 

I love to walk it's nice to go for a long walks and yesterday I did 12,858 steps in and 5.65 miles 

sometimes I do walk for 3.67 miles 

and then on yesterday i did 43 floors I climbed 

Missy M. as@ nkotblove
Best Answer
0 Votes

You can get 10 000 steps in 1 to 1.5 hours on a continuous walk, depending on pace.  If jogging or running, even less.  Otherwise, it will depend on how many times you get up and walk around and how far you go when you do get up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@painterdee wrote:

I'm just setting up my bitfit for the first time. Just got it for my birthday tonight! Just curious how long it takes on average to get 10,000 steps in a day? I work out about 3 days a week but I run about 30 minutes and do weights. Just curious how much more I will need to do to fulfill the 10,000 steos.

It shouldn't take no more than 1 hour to get 10,000 steps.   Someone who runs 5 miles can get it in less than 45 minutes.   

Best Answer
0 Votes