Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long does it take to do 10,000 steps?

ANSWERED

I'm just setting up my bitfit for the first time. Just got it for my birthday tonight! Just curious how long it takes on average to get 10,000 steps in a day? I work out about 3 days a week but I run about 30 minutes and do weights. Just curious how much more I will need to do to fulfill the 10,000 steos.

Best Answer
127 REPLIES 127
How awesome is that!!!  I love this thing.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

90 minutes of singles tennis is about 8000 steps

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sprunkn7 The stairs are counted by altitude change, as I understand it. So the inclined treadmill should not count stairs. 

@sprunkn7 wrote:

I had mine on for the first time today.  All I did was normal activity and I reached my 10,000 steps by 6pm.  11 stairs (which I was counting and it was accurate). To the gym tomorrow for some inclined treadmill, will be interesting to see if it counts as steps or stairs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me, I do 15K steps daily and that's about 8 miles on the treadmill (usually just speedwalk at 4mph).  So far lost 56 lbs in 162 days.  

Best Answer
I'm doing it much slower, trying to get my 10K in a day and following meal
numbers. I've lost 5 lbs since Christmas (goal is 46.9). Hopefully, I'll
be ready for 15K soon. I just want this to be a complete lifestyle change
for us, not a fad (not that it's a fad for you). We were totally sedentary
and ate copious amounts of food that I cooked. I still cook, but am
measuring the portions for both of us and keeping in 100 calorie or less
healthy snacks. My husband is doing much better than I am.he's lost 10 lbs
already. However, he just started back to his desk job today.
Best Answer

Good for you, @Shari57 That's the way to do it. Slowly making those lifestyle changes, not "going on a diet" that you will want to get off of. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I'm started slowly doing about 3 miles per hour walking now I'm up to 4.5 miles per hour thanks to the fitbit, you can't hide with it. Best Christmas present ever
Best Answer

i do about 6000 to 8000 steps a day and i dont work out right now thats just working a 8 hour shift at a office and my other daily tasks. if you working out you should gert 10 000 steps in no problem a day.

Best Answer

I try to get 10 000 steps in but managed to only get a little over 8000 its hard i dont work out right now im thinking im going to have to get walking a bit more to get that 2000 more steps in

Best Answer

Congratulations!!  Keep up the good work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Usual for me is anywhere from 44 minutes to 60 minutes - depending if I am jogging running or power walking - this is this morning fast walk - some jog in there too before my 5,000 rebounding (mini trampoline).  usual 10917842_10200103255461062_4873392971987125462_n.jpg

Please Join Us in Facebook Rebounding Rocks !
Facebook Walking Rocks !
Facebook Running Rocks !
Best Answer
0 Votes
A dog walk around my subdivision 2x/day adds 4-5k.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer

I'm a nurse and spend almost every minute of my work day on my feet.  On an average day I hit 10,000 around 2:00 p.m.

Best Answer

I am an x-ray tech in a busy hospital and typically log 7000-7500 steps/day. Once I hit 9000.

Best Answer

terrific.

It must be a great feeling to have accomplished that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured that out too. It uses any altitude change...ie  elevators, because it senses a change in height.

not reliable in that aspect.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It takes me about 100 min of solid walking.  My average speed is 12 min per km (according to map my walk) I take approx 1200 steps in 1km  so 10 000 steps is 100 min. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It really depends, the days I go to work it takes me about the whole day (I have a desk job). 

Solid walking it takes about 1-2 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It depends on what you're doing, to be honest.  I find on the days I play soccer I hit 10K rather easily, but on others (nursing an injury, late at work, ect.) it takes a bit longer.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Don't worry about how long it takes since there are so many variables
involved such as length and speed of step. Simply carry
the Fitbit as soon as you are ready to go in the morning and view your
count periodically, making up for the difference
between that count and 10,000 in an end-of-day, extended walk. On some of
my days, I get 5,000-10,000 or more just carrying on
with my usual routine, shopping, gardening, etc. On my computer slave
days, I might have to walk 3-4 times to get to 10,000
or more.

Sleepy Bob