Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Describe your "typical" breakfast (what do you eat before lunch)

Generally, I have a 2 oz. Egg Beaters omelet (28 cals) on either a Mission Carb Balance tortilla (80 cals) or a Thomas English Multi-grain wheat Muffin (100 cals). I add a half slice of Hormel Canadian Bacon (35 cals) or 2-3 slices of Turkey Pepperoni (5 cals/slice) and a 1/3-1/2 oz of 2% Kraft Sharp Cheddar Cheese (90 cals per ounce). Total = 162 to 180 calories.  Nothing between breakfast and lunch.

Best Answer
689 REPLIES 689

Best Answer
0 Votes

Eggs are the best.....but I'm curious what do vegans eat during the day?

Amy Noelle | United States
Best Answer
0 Votes

Vegans eat fruit, vegetables, grains, legumes, nuts and seeds.

Examples of this could be oatmeal with seeds and/or fruit. Stir fries with brown rice and any number of veggies. Whole grain pasta. Veggie sandwiches with bean based spread such as hummus. Lentil dahls. Vegetable curries with rice. Quinoa salads. Cereal with plant-based milk. Potato scrambles. Veggie sushi. Root vegetable stews. Lentil chilies. Split pea soup. Pancakes. Rice paper spring rolls with peanut sauce ...seriously, the list goes on. The only "ingredients" that are eliminated are the flesh of maybe 4-5 species, the various processed forms of bovine lactation, and bird eggs. That's not much. Everything else is still up for grabs! Including a host of foods I had yet to try before going vegan, like persimmons, acorn squash, millet, homemade sausages made of black eyed peas!

In all honesty, I fail to see the appeal of a high-fat, high cholesterol, potentially salmonella-harboring period that comes out of the same orifice as the bird's urine and feces. ...but that's just me.

Let me know if you are still curious and want more ideas. Can we PM each other on this forum? I'm rather new...

Best Answer

I have always thought of going vegan for a week ,and trying it out to see how much different I'd feel. Might just have to do it!

Amy Noelle | United States
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, give it a try. It's hard to comprehend for others why you don't eat meat. It's a choice. Some can't do it. Like my husband he will never give up his steak. You do have to work around it a bit in the beginning but it works fine for me. It's a choice I made long time ago and don't regret it ..Don't feel bad about it if it doesn't work, being vegan is not for everyone 🙂

Brigitte De Corte
Commissioner of Oaths
??
??
Best Answer
0 Votes
yes, I know ..it's not easy in the beginning going vegan..depending on what is available in your area and what you like [😊] sure, not sure how the pm thing works but maybe with a friends request or so ..I'm pretty new on the fitbit as well..

Brigitte De Corte
Commissioner of Oaths
??
??
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll usually have 40g of Original Special K (148 calories) mixed with 1 tub of Vaalia's French Vanilla 3x Probiotic yoghurt (156 calories), one 250mL Up and Go Reduced Sugar Choc Ice carton (168 calories) and, if I have time, 1 Nescafe cappuccino sachet (52 calories) with one equal tablet (4 calories).

Or, I'll have one 250mL Up and Go Reduced Sugar Choc Ice carton (168 calories), and 1 sachet of Uncle Toby's Original Oats (177 calories) with 2/3 of a cup of full cream milk (102 calories).

I also really like to have a turkey, cheese, egg, and mayo sandwich on wholegrain bread. It's awesome. I usually have it for lunch, but I'll often have it for breakfast if I don't have anywhere to rush off to. I like to use Coles brand's "high fibre low GI 7 seeds and grain sandwich bread", which is about 222 calories for two slices. I spread some extra soft butter on the bread (about 27 calories), chuck on one free range egg (about 60 calories), a 35g slice of 97% fat free, smoked and sliced turkey breast (about 32 calories), one slice of jarlsberg cheese (53 calories) and 10mls of Heinz' "Seriously Good Mayonnaise" (62 calories). It is divine!

Best Answer

I often put 4 ounces of egg whites,dash of turmeric, black pepper,chili powder, cayenne pepper, and 1/4-1/2 cup of shredded cheddar in a bowl and microwave 21/2-3 minutes and after cooking, top with 2 tablespoons of salsa. Sometimes I add 1/4 cup of black beans.

Best Answer

I'll change it up now and then but most days I'll have corn thins topped with egg, cheese and hot sauce and peanut butter, honey and banana. Sometimes I'll add some bacon or mushrooms 

Charge 2 | Favourite exercises include weights, running from zombies and dungeon delving | Does cardio so that she can drink altogether too much craft beer
Best Answer
that's a lot of different but yummy flavours 🙂

Brigitte De Corte
Commissioner of Oaths
??
??
Best Answer
sounds yummy [😊] Lots of different flavours ...

Brigitte De Corte
Commissioner of Oaths
??
??
Best Answer
0 Votes
sounds divine ..lol...Would come over for breakfast anytime [😊]

Brigitte De Corte
Commissioner of Oaths
??
??
Best Answer
0 Votes

I layer up a slice of Top Seed organic bread with a fried egg, /4 cup of avocado, parsley and bit of sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Very flavorful and satisfying

Best Answer

@A_Lurker wrote:

@gpshikernbiker- I have to ask - do you cook your spinach and/or broccoli?  I rarely add green items to my smoothies, I take them whole, but was intrigued.

@A_Lurker I do not cook the  spinach and/or broccoli. 

2023 still using a Surge. 路‍:male_sign:
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sometimes I do. Depends what's on the menu... I have no trouble eating uncooked spinach but broccoli is another story...Don't like the taste. So most of the time it ends up on my plate cooked and well seasoned. I replace the broccoli with kale for the smoothies..spinach and kale ..:)

Brigitte De Corte
Commissioner of Oaths
??
??
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tend to eat a big breakfast around 630. If I don't a big breakfast, I'll be starving by 900. So, I have two egg muffins (which is 2 to 3 crowns of broccoli, 1 yellow pepper, 1 yellow onion, 8 oz of mushrooms, 14 eggs, and 1 cup milks all cooked together and divided out by the 1/4 cup into muffin molds), a smoothie of 1 cup of fruit with 1/2 cup of full fat yogurt, and two coffees with half and half. I'm trying to lower that coffee intake.

I don't count calories, either, but I'm trying to eliminate processed foods and fructose that isn't naturally occurring in fruit from my diet. No snacking!

Best Answer
0 Votes
thats soooo much food

Nickie Hoare

“Opportunities don't happen, You create them.” Chris Grosser. Have
confidence in your abilities."
Best Answer

It is a lot, the egg muffin recipe usually makes more than 28 muffins, so it comes to a little less than an egg a day. The bulk is veggies and berries, but I've found the mix of the protein, fat, and fiber keep me full until lunch and re-fuel me after my morning run.

I do need to drink less coffee, though. I used to drink 3 to 4 cups a day, but now I'm at just 2.

Best Answer

What about an egg sandwich with mashed beans inside and red natural tomato sauce! Just tried it out at my workplace's cafeteria and it was pretty good! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'd rather not eat the carbs in the bread part of the sandwich. But, thank
you for your input.
Best Answer