Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fast Food/Takeout Go To Restaurants?

Curious as to what everyone's favorite options are to eat at when you do eat out? Since starting this diet I try my best to eat out as little as possible but let's face it, I work behind a desk with an office full of grown men who eat out daily and usually want to bring me food back. I usually stick with healthy options like Subway, Crispers, or Panera Bread. But i've found there is so much sodium everywhere, even at the healthy places. 😞

What's your favorites?

Best Answer
182 REPLIES 182

I choose fish that's baked or broiled, never fried. Veggies, salad, or fruit as sides.  (salad dressing on the side, I don't let them put it on).  Size can be a problem as well; I always bring some home or leave some. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. Thanks for sharing your eating habits when you eat out. I vote for vegetarian options and broiled and baked over fried food. Salads are always a good choice but do mind your protein. I advice just trying to have a balanced meal. Carbs are also important. Everything in moderation. 

Regarding drinks, I usually just order water to avoid sugary drinks. That has helped me a lot to keep fit. I used to struggle with sodas. Whenever I was craving one, I would just order club soda. The club soda fizziness would trick my mind and satisfied my urge. Hope this helps anyone trying to eat healthy while out. 

Keep it up, mind the results. Happy stepping!

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Whatever minimally processed foods you can order off the menu would tend to be the ideal choice - any sauces/condiments always on the side so you can minimize according to your taste.  One example is a chicken caesar salad with croutons and dressing on the side.

Best Answer
0 Votes