Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire will not pair to any of my device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been trying all day to set a new Inspire up. Won't finish on Win 10. Won't finish on LG Android. Won't pair through the bluetooth controls, but will find it with bluetooth. Finds the device and provides the code, then it can't connect. Just refuses to work. This is my 3rd fit bit and I've had syncing issues with the other 2 in the past, but I could at least set it up. Several of the "solutions" on this page are just "keep trying". That just points to a bad product. I work for a fortune 100 (top 3) insurance company, Fitbit is offered as a tracker in our wellness programs. Judging by the results of my help searches, I'll be calling HR in the morning to complain and move to a new vendor. I spent hard earned wellness credits on this for nothing!  I recommend anyone with one of these, take it back. I'll be looking for a refund of points. So frustrated right now.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
105 REPLIES 105

Hi @DaveKKB nice to see you around.

Thanks for all the steps that you've followed to set up your Fitbit Inspire. Since those steps didn't solve the issue you're having with your Fitbit, I've requested to our support team to create a case on your behalf. We know how important it is for you to have access to this information for your wellness program.

You should soon receive an email from customer support at the email you used to register with the Community Forums. Thanks for the feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product and your customer support interactions. 

Let me know if you need more information about this. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

O am having a similar issue and work for the same company. I was cable to sync my fitbit inspire to my phone initially but it synced my steps for a few days. Then it stopped syncing and never synched to my companies well being acct. I also . I n my attempts to resolve the issue i deleted  the fitbit from paired devices under Bluetooth . Now I cannot figure out how to get it paired again in my tablet and it will not sync to my phone.  

Can u please open a ticket for me as well. I got this fitbit for a 100 day challenge and have no steps counting towards this:(

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem and spent the day doing this as well with all the steps?

What's in the magic email? 

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.

Bought a Fitbit Inspire a week ago and, although not perfect, has really motivated me to walk more and exercise. Bought it because it is the only fitness tracker maker I could find with an app for Windows Phone.

Today, it stopped pairing.

Tried to pair multiple times. Sometimes the smartphone's Bluetooth can't see it, other times it is listed as "Unknow device". The few times the smartphone (Windows 10 Phone) saw it as "Inspire", it can't complete the pairing.

The tracker seems to be working perfectly, registering steps, calories and so on.

Is this a problem with this particular model or with Fitbit in general?

And yes, I too need Fitbit to contact me with a resolution for this problem.

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @RChristine  and @Joaquim_, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Nice to see you again @BriaQ

Sorry for being delayed in the answer. @RChristine and @Joaquim_ Thanks a lot for trying those steps. I'd recommend wait until you get the information from our team, as I've requested them to create a case on your behalf. You should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register on the Community forums.

@BriaQ About the issues that you're having to connect your Inspire. I'd like to have more details of the steps that you've tried. Did you check the steps suggested here: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? If so, please let me know.

I'll be waiting for your reply.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue. I've logged off, uninstalled and reinstalled. Reset phone etc...

@@@

@

Best Answer

Hello, Yojana. Thank you for your reply.

I tried everything I could think of. Reinstalling the app, rebooting the phone (Windows Phone) and trying with an Android phone. Nothing worked. The tracker still worked and logged my activity but wouldn't pair. The problem seems to be with the tracker Bluetooth.

After trying multiple times to pair the tracker, I gave up but continued to wear it. A few hours later, tried one more time and it paired immediately. No problems since.

The only thing I did was to give it some time. Don't think this revolutionary move will work for everyone, though. 🙂

I'm really happy with the Inspire. It doesn't have all the features I would like (went with the cheapest model that I wouldn't mind to use), the app doesn't seem to work without an Internet connection (I can live with that) and the step count is way inaccurate. But checking the activity metrics has motivated me to walk and exercise a lot more than I did before. Too soon for visible results but I'm motivated and optimistic.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. It keeps saying it is a Bluetooth problem, which it isn't. Have tried for three days now and still the same. I had a Flex2 with no problems at all but as soon as I've tried to change to an Inspire the problems started can't even put my Flex2 back on. Have tried reinstalling and all the other suggestions but still no luck. Help.

Best Answer

Delete this post

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Jophes @jfy7 and @Marcel1956, thanks for troubleshooting your phone to make it connect with your Inspire HR. Sorry for the delay.

I'd like to know what model of phone do you have? @Jophes Please confirm that you've followed the steps suggested here: How do I set up my Fitbit device?

@Joaquim_ thanks a million for the update and for all the steps that you tried to connect it before. I'm not sure why it didn't sync before, but I'm glad to see that you're back on track now. You're right the Fitbit App needs internet connection to be able to sync. You can find more information about the accuracy of Fitbit devices here: How accurate are Fitbit devices?

I'd suggest to visit our Live Mindfully and Be Inspired boards. Lifestyle Discussion Forums are a great tool to keep you motivated. Good luck with your goals.

@jfy7 Thanks for the details on your post. In this case, I'd suggest to restart your Fitbit Inspire HR and try once again the set up instructions. What model of phone are you using? You can try to connect your Flex 2 once you've done with this device. 

@Marcel1956 Thanks for troubleshooting prior to contacting us, you've done an excellent job. I've requested a case for you, our team will be contacting you via email shortly. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. 

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got an Inspire today for my birthday. Took it out of the box to set it up with my iPhone 7 Plus, but it won’t set up. It keeps saying there’s no Bluetooth connection. I’ve followed all the troubleshooting steps and nothing works. So frustrated!!!

Best Answer

From JFY7 I have a Huawei P10 Lite which worked perfectly with my Flex2 until I tried to change to Inspire then it mucked everything up and my Flex 2 wont work. Neither Fitbits will work on my computer with windows10.

Best Answer
I have a Moto E4+. Android v 7.1.1
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi YojanaFit,

I ma having the same problem as many people on this forum. I got my Fitbit Inspire HR just a week ago. Three days ago it started not to send all the heart rate information to my phone when synching. And on the 5th day I had it, it just stopped synching. I have reset the Fitbit, turned bluetooth in my phone on and off multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled Fitbit on my phone, restarted the phone....and nothing. The phone does not even recognize the Fitbit any longer - though when I set it up, it worked fine. I have internet connection where I am trying to synch.

The phone is a Moto G6. I thought from the list it was compatible, and I keep Android updated.

Any more tips? Or is my phone incompatible? or...?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem.  I have tried pairing my new inspire with my new iPhone X and I keep getting that Bluetooth message.  I have tried pairing using cellular data and three different internet connections.  Nothing.  My Charge2 was pairing before I added the Inspire.  I have just removed that to see if that helped.  So far nothing.  The Inspire syncs but I can't set up any notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @vawest @Kiki_Z @AliciaLMc. Nice to see you around @jfy7 and @Jophes.

Thanks for getting back sharing the information about the different mobile devices or computer that you're using to sync your Fitbit Inspire HR. Please check the steps suggested here: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

@Jophes and @Kiki_Z You might be having connectivity issues due to your phone's compatibility. One of the Fitbit requirements is that your phone should be listed here

We're currently receiving feedback about different devices that are not in the list of tested devices. And our team is working hard to add as many devices as they can but in this case, we can't assure the Fitbit App will be working flawless with this model. You can try the suggested steps in this article too.

Our best recommendation is trying to sync or set up via computer/laptop running Windows 10 or any other compatible device. 

Let me know if you have more questions about it. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a similar issue with a Fitbit Inspire. The only way I can get my Inspire to sync with my Android phone is to restart BOTH the tracker and the phone. Then it will sync once, but not again. Sometimes I get a bluetooth connection error, but usually it just spins searching. When I try to access the apps from the phone, I get an "unable to connect to Inspire" error. I can't get it to pair with my Amazon Fire tablet at all, but I care less about that. I'd like to figure out whether this is a hardware issue with the Bluetooth (in which case I will return it), or a software issue that might be updated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Add me to the list.

Galaxy S8 (Android) software is all up to date.

Brand new Inspire as of today. Firmware updated upon set-up. Battery is fully charged.

I've had 2 previous Fitbit devices and had no trouble pairing w/ Bluetooth.

Most of the time my phone has been able to find the Inspire, but not always. Once I turn off Bluetooth & turn it back on, it finds the device. 

Still unable to pair the Inspire w/ Bluetooth, even after trying all of the following (some steps attempted multiple times):

~ Unpaired previous Fitbit device

~ Turn off Bluetooth on the phone & restart after a 20-30 wait

~ Check notification settings

~ Restart the phone

~ Uninstall the Fitbit app & reinstall

~ Restart Fitbit device

Getting frustrated with this version. I'd go back to my previous Alta, but I've already promised it to a friend.

Best Answer
I had the same problem. Support was no help. It just eventually started
working the next day. Just basically repeated the same "fixes" over and
over. Went to bed and the next day it was fine. These are
not cheap considering how many pedometers are on the market. They should do
better.
Best Answer
0 Votes