Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: 4/24 - Issues with setup, syncing, and App Gallery

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Fitbit Update 04/25/18: We have rolled out a fix and all Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic users should now be able to use their devices normally. If you continue to encounter difficulty with syncing or setup, please consult these help resources:

Fitbit Update 04/24/2018: We are working to resolve an issue affecting Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic that is impacting syncing, setup and firmware updates, music transfer, the Weather app, and downloading apps/clock faces from the App Gallery. Thanks for your patience!
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

We have rolled out a fix and all Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic users should now be able to use their devices normally. This thread will now be closed as resolved, but you can consult the following help resources if you're still having trouble with syncing or setup:

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293

I inadvertently did a 24 hour clock face "trial" on my Ionic, now I can't get a new one since it has expired. I have shut down my Ionic, my phone, connected, disconnected and reconnected Bluetooth, but continue to get an error message that I am not connected to the internet. But I am!  How do I get my clock face back??? The message says "oops, looks like there's not Internet connection". I'm beyond frustrated.

Best Answer

Hello @cmmcsweeney,

Sorry you are having a problem.  You need to go into your Fitbit App (phone or PC).  Once there go into Clock Faces Section and select a NEW Clock Face.  This should replace your existing Clock Face and resolve your issue.

Post back if you need further assistance.  Hope this helps and Keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer

I am not able to view any apps except exercise.Even the settings app isn't visible. When i try to view my apps in the fitbit app it says 'oops no internet connection' even though I am connected to the Internet. Please help. 

Thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NikhilJoshi wrote:

I am not able to view any apps except exercise.Even the settings app isn't visible. When i try to view my apps in the fitbit app it says 'oops no internet connection' even though I am connected to the Internet. Please help. 

Thanks 

Hello @NikhilJoshi,

Sorry your having problems, but a quick Restart may help.  Here is a link for you:  https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Resetting-Your-Ionic/m-p/2648298#M48727.  Fitbit is aware of an issue with accessing the Clock Faces and Apps via your Fitbit App (Phone/PC) and are working on it.

If you need further assistance, post back here.  Hope this helps and Keep on STEPPING!  

Community Council Member

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Best Answer

Just replaced my Ionic after the previous one would not turn on. Finished syncing the new one to find a 'Clock Error' - go to the Fitbit mobile app and try another clock. Unfortunately the gallery on the mobile app is not displaying. Once again, I have a watch that does not function as it should.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but the gallery remains elusive.

I would like to pick a clock face, any word on when this glitch might be fixed?

Thank you

Best Answer

@Klob77 wrote:

Just replaced my Ionic after the previous one would not turn on. Finished syncing the new one to find a 'Clock Error' - go to the Fitbit mobile app and try another clock. Unfortunately the gallery on the mobile app is not displaying. Once again, I have a watch that does not function as it should.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but the gallery remains elusive.

I would like to pick a clock face, any word on when this glitch might be fixed?

Thank you

Hello @Klob77,

Sorry your having problems.  Fitbit is aware of a problem, when the Fitbit App (Phone/PC) tries to access the Clock Faces and Apps.  They are diligently working on the problem and should have it resolved soon.  Again, sorry for the inconvenience!

Hope this helped (some) and Keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Exactly the same. Replaced my ionic because it stopped charging after 3 months. Now I can’t access clock gallery or apps. Restarted iPhone, deleted and reinstalled app. Nothing. Very disappointed!!

Best Answer

Having this issue, too. Can't choose another when the phone repeatedly says "no internet" and doesn't display any when there definitely is an internet connectionScreenshot_20180423-233018.pngScreenshot_20180423-233027.png.

Best Answer

Hello @Ozyman666,

Sorry you are having a problem.  Yeah, that's the one that is known and being worked on by Fitbit.

Post back if you need further assistance.  Hope this helps and Keep on STEPPING!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Just got my ionic this evening after having a blaze. Get it synced and I get the clock error on my screen. I have done what it says to do but all i see is the clock error. Is something wrong with my watch? Will the watch fix itself? Im so frustrated! I can’t see my heart rate, steps, anything!!!! Ugh!!!! 

Help!!!!!

Best Answer

The same thing is happening to me, trying to select a new watch face doesn't work,have been trying for half the day. Same no internet connection message. So is that it just wait for fitbit. Not good on a $450au watch.

Best Answer

I am having the same EXACT problem.  Tried everything you did..... nothing.  I hope this problem is resolved ASAP. 

Best Answer

This issue happened to me out the box. Started setup and firmware/software update then suddenly just before device completed said there was and error. Then it completed at least reported complete on the mobile app shortly after. checked device says clock error. I was not that far along to want to or try to find a clock I a very dissatisfied that Fitbit via forum only seems to be aware of resetting or otherwise rebooting the device as a form of cure all. I am also dissappointed that the mobile app has no remote control over the device it is connected to and is not able to report the same error. It acts like it is all good. My device has no settings access because navigattion is limited to a notification update screen that says I am up to date or something to that affect. Clock error or some sort of scroll for instructions re Clock, Music and screen wake.  This is horrible first experience out the box. Where is the help on this? Certainly not finding it. 

Best Answer

This issue happened to me out the box. Started setup and firmware/software update then suddenly just before device completed said there was an error. Then it completed at least reported complete on the mobile app shortly after. checked device says clock error. I was not that far along to want to or try to find a clock I a very dissatisfied that Fitbit via forum only seems to be aware of resetting or otherwise rebooting the device as a form of cure-all. I am also disappointed that the mobile app has no remote control over the device it is connected to and is not able to report the same error. It acts like it is all good. My device has no settings access because navigation is limited to a notification update screen that says I am up to date or something to that effect. Clock error or some sort of scroll for instructions re Clock, Music and screen wake.  This is a horrible first experience out the box. Where is the help on this? Certainly not finding it. But that $300 price tag will soon be refunded if I cannot get any support that is either live or quick.

Best Answer

So does anyone know is the problem with the watch or the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same problem here. Frustrated me beyond words yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I love the fitbit metrics, but if I read about the ongoing sync problems, I can only conclude that fitbit needs to go back to the drawing board...

Best Answer

I got the same **ahem** issue as well. The watch is unusable. I cannot reset the settings as all shows now is clock error, notifications. I cannot scroll left or right on the main screen. Any solutions?

Best Answer

Mine has done the very same thing and it’s driving me insane. Not happy at all as we are spending all this money on a device that we can’t even begin to use. Please help!

Best Answer

I too Got this problem. No watch face and no apps. And yes my internet is working perfectly. FITBIT stopp Updateding apps an watch and start working on fiksing bugs... 

Best Answer