Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: 4/24 - Issues with setup, syncing, and App Gallery

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Fitbit Update 04/25/18: We have rolled out a fix and all Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic users should now be able to use their devices normally. If you continue to encounter difficulty with syncing or setup, please consult these help resources:

Fitbit Update 04/24/2018: We are working to resolve an issue affecting Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic that is impacting syncing, setup and firmware updates, music transfer, the Weather app, and downloading apps/clock faces from the App Gallery. Thanks for your patience!
Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293

I'm seeing the same thing. I am constantly fighting the clock face gallery .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue! Very annoying! Tried everything 

Best Answer

@T3CHBloG wrote:

I like to consider myself knowledgeable with electronic and tech devices. I have to say, however, this has me frustrated beyond belief.

I've searched the forums here for a solution to this issue and while they seemed to work for others, nothing has worked for me.

A little history:

A few days ago, I downloaded and installed a weather watch face for my Ionic from within the Fitbit app. Worked great! Today, however, I get a message on my Ionic saying that I need to go to a website to pay for it's continued use. Alright fine. I may consider purchasing it. In the meantime, I'll go back to the default. Well, ALL watchfaces are gone! My watchface section is completely blank.

I factory reset the Ionic and remove it from my Fitbit app. I uninstalled the Fitbit app and unpaired it from my phone. After reinstalling it, I re-add the Ionic ... So far so good... And then update fails (yes, I'm on reliable wifi, etc). Now I'm stuck with an error message on my Ionic that reads "Clock Error go to the Fitbit mobile app and try another clock" But guess what... NO CLOCKFACES! And what's worse, I can't swipe to factory reset again. Can't swipe any way except down to see the notifications. 

Someone from FitBit PLEASE get back to me with a resolution to this disaster! I can't even upload any of the screenshots I took because this system doesn't allow uploads. It wants a link. I've already spent 2 hours trying to fix this. Please... Tech support... 

Thank you

-Ridiculously Frustrated

Hello @T3CHBloG,

Sorry your having a problem!  From what “I” can tell, this isn’t an Ionic problem. I know this isn't helping you much, but I feel your frustration and know Fitbit is diligently working to fix this issue.  Thanks!

Community Council Member

Gunny | Richmond, VA (USA)

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Take a look at the Fitbit Help site for further Assistance & Information.

Best Answer

Hello @Annaej@TenacoiusTom,

Sorry your having a problem!  From what “I” can tell, this isn’t an Ionic problem.  I know Fitbit is working to fix this quickly and we’ll get past this. Thanks!

Community Council Member

Ionic Adidas Edition, Versa Special Edition, Aria 2 & Flyer | iPhone & Windows 10

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was skeptical to upgrade  the firmware of ionic  to latest  version 27.32.4.19. since I had really difficult time while setting up this device for first time, it took me 3 days to set up this paper weight.

Well today I finally let my fears aside and did the firmware upgrade to latest version.

And then what happened is really making me feel angry as to why I did this upgrade  because it was working fine before the update..

Anyway, the problem that I am facing now is ionic is showing clock error, and telling me to open the "fitbit app on my mobile and select another clock"

But when I open the clock face app on my android fitbit app there is no clock to choose from  I waited for almost 15 min but still no clock is showing up to select from. 

I thought may be the wifi connection is a problem, but wifi is fine speed is good. 

I restarted ionic almost 10 times, also Uninstalled fitbit app and again installed from play store, tried switching off Bluetooth and start again, but no success yet . 

Can anyone guide me as to how I can solve this problem. The only fear I have at this moment is setting up this paper weight again, which probably I'll avoid to do and will use it as a paper weight instead..

Best Answer

Welcome @RaloAttis,

From what “I” can tell, this isn’t an Ionic problem.  I know Fitbit is working to fix this quickly and we’ll get past this. Thanks!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tries again many times and occasionally get the message that the gallery cannot be contacted, check internet connection. There is nothing wrong with my internet connection, it must be with Fitbit.

Best Answer

@Ankit_11 wrote:

I was skeptical to upgrade  the firmware of ionic  to latest  version 27.32.4.19. since I had really difficult time while setting up this device for first time, it took me 3 days to set up this paper weight.

Well today I finally let my fears aside and did the firmware upgrade to latest version.

And then what happened is really making me feel angry as to why I did this upgrade  because it was working fine before the update..

Anyway, the problem that I am facing now is ionic is showing clock error, and telling me to open the "fitbit app on my mobile and select another clock"

But when I open the clock face app on my android fitbit app there is no clock to choose from  I waited for almost 15 min but still no clock is showing up to select from. 

I thought may be the wifi connection is a problem, but wifi is fine speed is good. 

I restarted ionic almost 10 times, also Uninstalled fitbit app and again installed from play store, tried switching off Bluetooth and start again, but no success yet . 

Can anyone guide me as to how I can solve this problem. The only fear I have at this moment is setting up this paper weight again, which probably I'll avoid to do and will use it as a paper weight instead..

Hello @Ankit_11,

Sorry your having a problem!  From what “I” can tell, this isn’t an Ionic problem.  I realize this isn't helping you much, but Fitbit is diligently working on this and should have it fixed soon.   Thanks!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't seem to change my watchfaces either. The section is completely blank. Same for the apps section: Both my apps and all apps are empty.

When I start the fitbit app on my phone, some screen about privacy flashes very briefly (so fast i can't make out what it says exactly). Never saw that before today.

Best Answer

Yep, I just paid for a clock face and can't get into the clock face section of the app.  I can't pick a new face or anything.  Closing out of the app doesn't do anything.  Did a hard reset of my phone and nothing.  I think it's an app error and not an Ionic error.  Might have better luck in the Dashboard section?

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I'm having the exact same problem.

Best Answer

Has anyone figured this out yet?  My watch face changed colors yesterday and when I tried to update it my watch stopped working.  I get the "Clock Error" message but cannot get to the watch faces in the mobile app to install a new one.  

Best Answer

Having exact problem.  Cannot access clock faces or any other options on ionic fitbit.  I've tried reset keep getting screen message "clock Error".  I get another message "redefine".  What?  When I select clock faces, apps, nothing is there.  I just see the dreaded spinning wheel.  I see where I am connected (synced) but that's it.  Ready to go on vacation and really mad I downloaded the OS2 update last night.  Everything was working "great" before the update.  Now nothing works.  Too much money spent for these results when downloads are performed.  Not happy............ 

Best Answer

I just bought a Fitbit ionic unfortunate the clock face is not working. I have Fitbit a second chance after I got very disappointing experience with Fitbit HR 2

Best Answer

I am having the same issue since completing update. 

My Fitbit reads: "Clock Error...Go to the Fitbit mobile app and try another clock"

I go to mobile app and it will shows: "My Clocks" and "All Clocks", but will not bring up any options. 

Very Frustrating 

Best Answer

Hi Maria,

I tried both ways, the first did not do the job. the second either, but it did not go the way you explained. I removed the ionic from my bluetooth list on my iPhone, but eventhough it was out of there, it was still conected to the fitbit app, and I could stil synchronise. I don't dare remove the ionic from the app, because of what you wrote. So, any other options?

Kind regards Mariette

Best Answer

Having the same problem and it’s very frustrating.  Fitbit, please fix this.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

My brand new replacement Ionic arrived today (first one lost a right-side button) and I used the set-up mode (via Bluetooth not Wifi as I am at work) but it is now 100% frozen with CLOCK ERROR. 

Can't get to any other screens.  Can't switch it OFF.

Community site says this is solved. But there is no solution on site.

I have tried deleting it from my phone, adding a new device and setup again, no joy. 

Ionic is still frozen with CLOCK ERROR.

No ability to reset it. No way to get anything else or other apps onto the watch screen.  Nothing.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Social Media should go mad about the lack of support from Fitbit for this problem.  Mine is going back tomorrow for Refund if this isn't sorted.

Best Answer

Good Morning @Falconry,

Sorry your having a problem!  From what “I” can tell, this isn’t an Ionic problem.  I know Fitbit is working to fix this quickly and we’ll get past this. Thanks!

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Apps won't load in the Fitbit app on my phone.  My Wi-Fi doesn't seem to be staying connected in order for the apps to show up/load. Ionic recognizes the Wi-Fi but won't stay connected. I've restarted and reinstalled and same thing. The issue seemed to start about the same time my S7 had a software update (a security patch). At the time of the update the fitbit requested location permission which I granted. 

I welcome any ideas for a fix. 

Best Answer
0 Votes